CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cool, but nothing to allow AMs a shot at making Dreamhack?

Don't want to comment too much, would be unfair to go into full detail without a clear public timescale/plan to show.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Turns out I was the AR kid :(

Seriously though, got wrecked in new playlist last night at the platinum level lol but I really enjoyed it! (The playlist not the getting wrecked part haha) seriously loving the no autos!

Edit: tbh I don't even mind the getting wrecked part. Now I find myself nodding in admiration at their pistol shots to kill me rather than shaking my head in disgust at their auto use

Halo 5's playlist ranking system is complete bollocks, I'm down in Gold 3 and bounce between Gold 3-4 and people down there can still destroy but thats mostly because there's no determined skill gap, plus with the new playlist, everyone mostly gets chucked into the same skill range, (Gold-Plat). My shots getting slightly better overtime though, I can tell with that, just need more practice and slowly you'll work kt up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ooh I love the new Relegation format. An Open bracket makes for much more entertaining relegation than a little 4 team invitational.

Im guessing the open circuit will exist solely to seed this bracket and distribute $1k a cup.

they seem to really be downsizing the pro league this year, concerning

As far as I understand, this is just because of the timing/amount of time between Daytona and Atlanta.

Just got word that @@Vivi isn't at ESL anymore, best of luck in the future and thank you for responding to questions we had.

He's stepping away, the new admin is someone with history working for World of Tanks -- which means he probably had a good word put in for him by Clutch (Josh Gray, not Wes Price) who probably worked with him at WarGaming before he came to ESL.

Don't want to comment too much, would be unfair to go into full detail without a clear public timescale/plan to show.

I realise you probably cant say but will we have EU pro league finals on LAN? Fall finals was awesome and would love to attend again.

Just got word that @@Vivi isn't at ESL anymore, best of luck in the future and thank you for responding to questions we had.

Back to Adam maybe ?

Halo 5's playlist ranking system is complete bollocks, I'm down in Gold 3 and bounce between Gold 3-4 and people down there can still destroy but thats mostly because there's no determined skill gap, plus with the new playlist, everyone mostly gets chucked into the same skill range, (Gold-Plat). My shots getting slightly better overtime though, I can tell with that, just need more practice and slowly you'll work kt up.

One of the things that annoys me is that you can end up having a few bad games and place a little bit under your usual (For me, Im usually Diamond-Onyx). Every once in a while, Ill get low diamond or plat, but ill still be playing mid-onyx people. Why provide a CSR at all if you're going to match based on MMR?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Can someone tell me whether or not these organizations actually base important business decisions like these on twitter polls?

How is it a bad idea to survey your followers and see what games they'd like the org to get into?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've updated the Crowd Pleasers team on HaloDataHive. Their scrim vs OpTic has been added  :simms:

Any chance you could do the scrim for Splyce vs Cryptik last night? I turned it off after game 4 or 5 and I'd like to see the stat overview for the series. Don't know if you don't want to because Cryptik wasn't an official team, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is it a bad idea to survey your followers and see what games they'd like the org to get into?

That's not what he meant (I think, I can only understand so much of the mind of NavG)

He was asking if decisions are actually made off of them, not whether it's a good idea.

Ooh I love the new Relegation format. An Open bracket makes for much more entertaining relegation than a little 4 team invitational.

Im guessing the open circuit will exist solely to seed this bracket and distribute $1k a cup.

Yes but bottom two pro teams get the first two seeds in the open.

What I want to know is how the EU teams figure into this. Pro league finals is only 8 teams. (6seeds + 2 open) how could they go to dreamhackk?

Any chance you could do the scrim for Splyce vs Cryptik last night? I turned it off after game 4 or 5 and I'd like to see the stat overview for the series. Don't know if you don't want to because Cryptik wasn't an official team, though.

Yeah I'm trying to not pollute the site with teams that could potentially break up in a day or two. CP seems pretty solidified so I updated them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I bought hyperx clouds and I can't believe I ever played without them. Can't find the mic though :mj:

I remember the days when Sennheiser 555s were the try hard headphones

My 555s are still some of my favorite headphones. I'm actually looking at getting a pair of 598s to replace my busted A40s that replaced my semi-busted 555s. Moral of the story is that I need to take a lot better care of my headsets. Do you have Clouds or Cloud IIs? Either way, I've seen great reviews on both versions and I'm looking into both of those as well.

either that or they're shifting the majority of the resources to the worlds season and lan circuit

I wouldn't call 3 or 4 LANs a "circuit." Maybe they will shift the majority of resources towards worlds and the LAN events, but that shouldn't mean you have to scale back your online play so much. I realize that money is probably a facotr here too, but still, online leagues can't really be that much of a stress on their overall budget.

Off topic, does anyone know if Menke's matchmaking update is in?

I'm sick of playing 3v4s were kids quit after the first pistol battle doesn't go their way. He was talking about a "mercy rule" sorta thing where you could quit if you didn't quit first.

With a squad, the new settings make H5 so much fun.

Any video game, not just Halo, isn't going to be wildly popular if you need a group of friends to make it fun. You should be able to hop in and have a blast playing with randoms, win or lose (I know we're all competitive here so I know we all want to win, but still). You can't have a successful game that you can't solo queue in. Plain and simple.

Played some more HCS Preview this morning. Holy crap, that is the most fun I've had playing Halo in a LONG time. I was seriously sweating. 

My only critique is there needs to be more Magnum ammo. What do people think about using the extended mag Magnum (18 bullets) vs the standard Magnum (12 bullets)? It would allow for 3 perfect kills without reloading. And less scrounging for Magnum ammo.

• Upvote (+1) 8

IMO BRs and DMRs need to be more scarce on the maps now; it's a fairly large gunfight advantage for weapons that are placed by spawns

• Upvote (+1) 3

My 555s are still some of my favorite headphones. I'm actually looking at getting a pair of 598s to replace my busted A40s that replaced my semi-busted 555s. Moral of the story is that I need to take a lot better care of my headsets. Do you have Clouds or Cloud IIs? Either way, I've seen great reviews on both versions and I'm looking into both of those as well.

e.

Clouds. A bunch of PC gamers said they preferred it, and that the 7.1 surround sound in the II wasn't.necessary. (at least for counter strike)

Either way can't go wrong

Played some more HCS Preview this morning. Holy crap, that is the most fun I've had playing Halo in a LONG time. I was seriously sweating. 

My only critique is there needs to be more Magnum ammo. What do people think about using the extended mag Magnum (18 bullets) vs the standard Magnum (12 bullets)? It would allow for 3 perfect kills without reloading. And less scrounging for Magnum ammo.

I think 15 shots should be plenty. It makes it so that you have just enough shots to hit 3 perfects.

Smaller Changes

-Increase pistol magazine capacity to 15 shots

-Increase pistol starting ammo

-Remove rifles from the map

-Increase plasma pistol respawn time

-Increase player respawn time to 10 seconds on OBJ gametypes

Larger Changes

-Remove splash radius hitmarkers (grenades/rockets/etc), you must hit the player in order to produce a hitmarker

-Remove sprint

-Increase base movespeed to 110%

-Allow sliding after a thrust (no sprint)

-Remove radar

-Bring back oddball (ball throwing distance same as current flag throwing distance)

-Fix heavy aim

• Upvote (+1) 1