CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Isn't that the same state that just paid 45 million in taxpayer money to ATT and... Comcast? Instead of allowing their self sufficient 1gb internet service to leave the city and provide better and cheaper service than any other option? Shit blows my mind

You are correct sir lol

Especially when slayer in h5 has 8 sec respawn vs 5 in old halos

Well...

I mean... settings dictate so much in any halo game. You just go with the settings every1 uses. You can make halo 3 a faster paced game by just adjusting weapon spawn times but it's not like we can/should include that in a comparison.

So even Pro League which has to next to no cost to run since has gotten cut in half since all you need is two casters and the players to login to there accounts hopefully this downsizing means that 343 will start looking into other options for TO's. (MLG)

But I'd say this gives more credence to the rumors about EU not having finals more if even NA is being downsized this year as well and maybe the drop form 150k to 100k wasn't a misquote.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So even Pro League which has to next to no cost to run since has gotten cut in half since all you need is two casters and the players to login to there accounts hopefully this downsizing means that 343 will start looking into other options for TO's. (MLG)

But I'd say this gives more credence to the rumors about EU not having finals more if even NA is being downsized this year as well and maybe the drop form 150k to 100k wasn't a misquote.

It still says 150k

The squeeze in schedule has to do with booking dreamhack and working backwards imo

This is why I said they should've had did season and in between pro league and finals lans since were getting half the amount of matches. Also, fall 2016 had a month between pro league and finals like this season and they had a lan in that time. Since they booked Atlanta last year, they had to compromise online play to mean they can finish in time for finals.

Well if the reason for the shortened online season is the Result of securing Dreamhack, then surely they wouldn't supplement the lack of online play with two more LANs- An online league costs almost nothing and LANs are expensive.

A post-season LAN before finals would just be weird (with the current format) because pro league records will determine Finals seeding. Then you'd have this inconsequential LAN in the middle.

A 14day Season sandwiched by a Preseason LAN, a Midseason LAN, and Dreamhack Finals would be awesome. Especially if Pro League record was dumped in favor of Pro Points.

[tryhard mode]

Didn't people used to put shit like this in their bios back in like 2008?

Tryhard mode [On] Off

Oh also

Derank mode [On] Off

• Upvote (+1) 3

Didn't people used to put shit like this in their bios back in like 2008?

Tryhard mode [On] Off

Oh also

Derank mode [On] Off

Oh these were the good old days :kappa:

I noticed that Fall Pro League viewership decreased by a few thousand viewers after 4 weeks. That may also have influenced the league. Trying not to fatigue the viewer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Got my first paycheck from my new job and decided to splurge on A40s. The switch has been flipped:

casual mode  [tryhard mode]

Update: a good headset doesn't fix your terrible shot  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Got my first paycheck from my new job and decided to splurge on A40s. The switch has been flipped:

casual mode [tryhard mode]

I bought hyperx clouds and I can't believe I ever played without them. Can't find the mic though :mj:

I remember the days when Sennheiser 555s were the try hard headphones

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shotzzy K/D spread by game: +8, +2, +5, +1, +2, +10, +11, +10, +2, +9, +10.

watched this kid stream earlier for a while ... literally 70+% accuracy, with pre-shooting and normal gameplay.  just ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 4

And I wonder why we are no longer the front runner of first person shooters on console? And please do not say lack of competition because I will immediately point to CoD and shutdown that ridiculous response.

We ALSO had the luxury of a colossal population, however the constant removal of everything unique about Halo completely drained said population and you know what they did? They went to CoD. 

The second bold... I know you cannot even be remotely serious with this statement.. Are we REALLY going to use H2A (Read: H2A on MCC) as the standard baseline for this argument?

Look man, unified settings work in a game that is designed to accommodate said settings. Even if you cite Overwatch, even their settings are different based on the mode you're playing, competitive and quick play do not use the same exact settings.

Call of Duty: Public matchmaking has different settings across the board and CWL settings are separate from any of the online settings, and their competitive scene has thrived for years and has done nothing but grow.

Halo 5: Has settings that fans of the franchise in general do not like (hence being one of the weakest selling games in the series and easily one of the lowest in active population) and settings that the collective competitive community does not like/want. A year and a half it took to get some tolerable improvements to this game for the collective consensus. And it's still in preview might I add.

The argument for unified settings is redundant:

• Our popularity is declining due to additional features/settings that the community doesn't like
  • So in order to increase our popularity, let's unify these unpopular settings across the board!
They're not taking sprint, autos, hitmarkers, etc. (things that the collective community does not like) out of the game entirely. It's completely unreasonable to even ask for that. But we're also not allowed to use the built-in interface that allows us to modify these settings/maps to suit them to the most enjoyable experience possible? And your idea is to beg 343 to maybe give us improvements to the game? That seems so asinine. 

The comparisons to Overwatch and League of Legends would be a lot more streamlined if those games were actually terrible without adjustments. Are those games perfect? Of course not, every game has it's flaws.. But we're not going to play the numbers game on flaws vs Halo 5's.

Excellent post, particularly where you point out the tendency to double down on things that seem to make Halo lose its core population
  • Upvote (+1) 1