CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

the season map

2017-HPL-Roadmap-UpdateUMG.jpg

This doesn't make any sense. Its showing only 7 days of pro league with it being 4 weeks with a 1 week break

Guess it was probably just a misquote because it's listed as 150k on the ESL link and the LCQ should've been based off Daytona placement since Pro League won't even have started by the time it ends instead of online. 

Yeah, you're right. It does mention the $150,000 at the top of the ESL link. Must be a misquote at the bottom of the page. 

That's correct.

So each team plays each other once

edit 1: then why do they need a break in between. They should've had a lan there and one after online matches finish and before finals start

edit 2: and why is the second week of pro league split with Wednesday matches on one week and the Thursday matches 2 weeks later. It doesn't make sense

edit: then why do they need a break in between. They should've had a lan there and one after online matches finish and before finals start

They have been playing two matches a week, so they played each other twice over a 7 week period.

Why have a post season LAN prior to finals?

Id be for having one mid season.

edit: then why do they need a break in between. They should've had a lan there and one after online matches finish and before finals start

You want 4 LANs in 2 months?  (Daytona + Mid-Season + Post-Season + Finals)?

I'd rather have a mid season LAN preferably after rosters are locked as that lets us see how the teams stack up instead we only have the online league matches.  :kappa:

They have been playing two matches a week, so they played each other twice over a 7 week period.

Why have a post season LAN prior to finals?

Id be for having one mid season.

Its showing start of pro league 5/24 and end 6/22. Thats 4 weeks. Its also only showing 7 days of pro league meaning teams only play another team once. And its showing a month between end of pro league and finals. Thats why I suggested a lan between pro league and finals. 

4 lans in 2 months may be too much but the pro league seems to be cut in half

If I remember correctly MLG had the expedition tournament, but soon everyone realized Halo 4 was shit. MLG chose COD over Halo.

Then AGL ran tourneys, then fucked over Halo Pro's and an entire event.

343i finally stepped in and signed shitty deals but Halo managed to go on. And for some reason they hate MLG.

"Without support from MSFT / 343 we can't run Halo. MSFT has a deal with Virgin Gaming. 343 has expressed interest in working with us." - Sundance (can't link tweet because his account t is suspended)

Plus clap made a post here saying they didn't want to stop running halo, insinuating the same thing. CoD wasn't that big competitively yet. Halo still was drawing bigger numbers.

Reach was shit and people still played. They would have played h4 too.

Its showing start of pro league 5/24 and end 6/22. Thats 4 weeks. Its also only showing 7 days of pro league meaning teams only play another team once. And its showing a month between end of pro league and finals. Thats why I suggested a lan between pro league and finals.

4 lans in 2 months may be too much but the pro league seems to be cut in half

Ok I see what you're saying.

It does seem as if Pro league is cut in half, which will make for a strange dynamic considering team makeups will be different after the mid season break.

Perhaps this is the result of the financial cost of securing Dreamhack.

I'm not really that bothered considering Online H5 is a chore to watch. But I think it would make sense to have each team play each other twice, even if it meant some matches were offstream or via player streams.

Holy shit, T2 is on 20/20 right now being involved in some catfish story with Birdman from the NBA and some Instagram chick. I'm guessing the catfish was pretending to be T2.

Ok I see what you're saying.

It does seem as if Pro league is cut in half, which will make for a strange dynamic considering team makeups will be different after the mid season break.

Perhaps this is the result of the financial cost of securing Dreamhack.

I'm not really that bothered considering Online H5 is a chore to watch. But I think it would make sense to have each team play each other twice, even if it meant some matches were offstream or via player streams.

This is why I said they should've had did season and in between pro league and finals lans since were getting half the amount of matches. Also, fall 2016 had a month between pro league and finals like this season and they had a lan in that time. Since they booked Atlanta last year, they had to compromise online play to mean they can finish in time for finals.

I think no mention of EU Pro League is a bit shit, so hopefully we get some details soon, unless some EU pros know a thing or two they're allowed to share?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is this whole thing T2 fake? Similar to when people were talking about T2 being released from jail?

Is this whole thing T2 fake? Similar to when people were talking about T2 being released from jail?

The episode is only half over, but it's appearing to be someone pretending to be both Tsquared and the NBA player duping this girl.

OT but this is extremely excellent in regards to what constitutes a "Halo" game. I know it's 9 minutes but it's well worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1