CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

so if CS people are complaining about their situation and they're the top fps esport, should we be rioting with what we're dealing with?

Whats happening?

Also interesting how ppl who agreed with one another since release of H5 basically on this site are arguing with each other a lot now with these new settings.

Smash does a good job supporting themselves. If comp Halo was self-sufficient we could run any game with any settings we wanted and I tell you what, it wouldn't be scrounging around in H5 to try and make something work.

It's not like this is some organic thing where you just happen to align with the developers vision for the game and everyone lives happily, it's always a compromis. If people don't want to compromise and are happy being on the periphery then realistically you have to accept that they might not want to keep putting the metric ass tonne of money into the comp scene that they have been doing.

Ugh....So true, when MLG dropped Halo we lost whatever power we had in having independent settings. Of course bungie would work MLG since they held a lot of power in console Esports but once we were dropped, shit hit the fan. The whole AGL scandal NEARLY killed competitive Halo. Sucks to say that 343i saved us personally but 343i has their own issues in not listening to the community and having full control over competitive settings. 

Ugh....So true, when MLG dropped Halo we lost whatever power we had in having independent settings. Of course bungie would work MLG since they held a lot of power in console Esports but once we were dropped, shit hit the fan. The whole AGL scandal NEARLY killed competitive Halo. Sucks to say that 343i saved us personally but 343i has their own issues in not listening to the community and having full control over competitive settings.

343 killed comp halo by signing an exclusive rights deal with Virgin Gaming. That's what stopped mlg from running h4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

343 killed comp halo by signing an exclusive rights deal with Virgin Gaming. That's what stopped mlg from running h4

If I remember correctly MLG had the expedition tournament, but soon everyone realized Halo 4 was shit. MLG chose COD over Halo.

Then  AGL ran tourneys, then fucked over Halo Pro's and an entire event.

343i finally stepped in and signed shitty deals but Halo managed to go on. And for some reason they hate MLG. 

what i wouldnt mind seeing is the new pg/hcs settings be the only ranked play list, with everything else, including team arena, placed under the social banner. team arena and pg should share map rotations but arena can keep autos and radar and be that entry point into proving grounds (much like quickplay feeds into ranked in overwatch) we can even go the route of the overwatch menu

maxresdefault.jpg

with team arena as the unranked an pg/hcs being the competitive and other social games in an arcade.

i would love to see warzone in a co-op list and include  co-op campaign matchmaking. i have no clue as to why that was scrapped after reach. most of my friends dont have an xbone much less play halo so i wsould love to see that return.

also, i would love to see any preview lists pop up as a new competitive list. there is nothing more aggravating to me than when the preview list replaced team arena and i had to play assault on tyrannt for a full season. its good to get to play it, but some of the prevew games are not worth playing for 3 months at a time in order to play competitively. those preview lists also need post game feedback. did you like the game/map/weapons so that feedback can be taken immediately. boom, data for improvement. you could even have refreshes mid season and compare data from season preview v1/2/3 etc

If I remember correctly MLG had the expedition tournament, but soon everyone realized Halo 4 was shit. MLG chose COD over Halo.

Then  AGL ran tourneys, then fucked over Halo Pro's and an entire event.

343i finally stepped in and signed shitty deals but Halo managed to go on. And for some reason they hate MLG. 

I may be trippin but didn't MLG put out some kind of online vote on rather they should run COD or Halo? Did it affect the outcome? Or was their not a vote?

no. was it showing in caps? i see it all lowercase

Was your lowercase button broken?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Very happy to see that all Pro League teams will get shot at the season finals championship. Top 6 will be seeded in champ bracket, 7th 8th get top seeds in open bracket, and open bracket teams will compete for spots in champ bracket. 100k + crowd funding. Awesome stuff. Should be the best season yet!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is there an EU one?

not yet no

also na roster lock is 11:59 PST may 4

and

FALL 2017 SEASON

The HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Season will kick off on August 23 and conclude with the Finals at DreamHack Denver from October 20-22.

https://www.eslgaming.com/article/halo-championship-series-pro-league-returns-2017-3503

LCQ (date to be announced still....) to decide 8th seed.

Dreamhack finals is $100,000 + crowd funding.

Online tourney for last spot is corny...

IMO, it Shoulda been the top Open team from Daytona...

All things considered, this SHOULD be a better season. We've got good settings, we got some open tournaments with good venues.

Now we just gotta get a decent pro points system going and some transparent crowd funding and things would be gravy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the initial prize pool is actually lower now because I'm 99% sure the finals prize pool was 150k for last season.  :kappa:

Don't worry. Team skins will come out before the next finals and that could drive up the pool more.

maybe.

Guess it was probably just a misquote because it's listed as 150k on the ESL link and the LCQ should've been based off Daytona placement since Pro League won't even have started by the time it ends instead of online.