CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

New settings are soo good. I am not even mad when I lose. I still think sprint needs to be slowed down a bit. The new radar works well with these settings. I have got the upper hand on people that spam abilities. Going to grind this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Instead of Universal settings, lets just have 1 ranked playlist, the HCS Settings, and the rest is social. The social games can be w/e settings, with Ars and all the BS. I believe the style of having one ranked mode like OW/League etc is much better and promotes competition and getting ranks. The seasons would need to be longer and have a cap for the max rank you can get out of placements. The thing about halo is that the games can be played much faster than other games that use this system so that would need to be taken into account as well 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Universal settings arent even real. Its an industry buzzword atm, not an actuality. I have said this before but the only games that even comes close is CS and starcraft and even those are debateable

Because your happiness is the only thing that matters right?

We dont need to force our settings into every playlist. THAT would truly fragment the community and make the population suffer.

lol guys, no one is saying that these settings should be added to EVERY playlist, just the sweaty ones.  imo, these settings are perfect for Slayer, Doubles, FFA, and maybe Skirmish.  these settings aren't just "more competitive" or whatever, they're also way more fun and will increase the player population of FFA (I haven't played FFA for a year, but would play all the time with these settings, and I'm a casual player).  BTB and Action Sack and Grifball, etc., obviously shouldn't have these settings.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol guys, no one is saying that these settings should be added to EVERY playlist, just the sweaty ones.  imo, these settings are perfect for Slayer, Doubles, FFA, and maybe Skirmish.  these settings aren't just "more competitive" or whatever, they're also way more fun and will increase the player population of FFA (I haven't played FFA for a year, but would play all the time with these settings, and I'm a casual player).  BTB and Action Sack and Grifball, etc., obviously shouldn't have these settings.   

The fun part is subjective, though. To some people, charging with ARs after every respawn is fun.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Team Skirmish should not change. The whole point is to give a casual experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Team Skirmish should not change. The whole point is to give a casual experience.

It's a pretty sweaty playlist when you're low onyx and below. You play plenty of to4 champions.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Only bad thing about the new settings is that it makes the sniper even more overpowered because people walk more. Plaza is especially bad.

Also I think it would be better if shooting didn't show up on radar. It creates weird incentives for me to not shoot sometimes.

I love the new settings, but everytime someone is AFK/quits I die a little inside. FeelsPlatMan

• Upvote (+1) 8

Says one of two KIDS who made it personal and deflected to how mean I'm apparently being out of an obvious lack of coherent argument to make. You know, the same reason you've shifted to an entirely different discussion about the gameplay problems? And, I assume, the same reason you're willfully misconstruing my point about Summit having more daily viewers than H5 has players on Xbox.

In what way did I make it personal to you, by asking if someone pissed in your cheerios? 

So changes to the mechanics by switching to PC is a valid argument, but changing the mechanics back to what made Halo popular and original isn't? 

Let me know what was incoherent for you and I'll respond. I may not be able to match your obvious genius level intellect, but this dumb kid will sure try! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

In Halo, you need a ranked playlist for competitive, social playlist for casual play that is not ranked, and the whole warzone thing is cool, I don't really like it but others might! The thing that hurt this game is that we didn't get the social playlist or forge before it was too late and even now they don't keep some of the good gametypes in the playlist such as shotty snipes. We have mythic now, but I like the original better without the nornfang.

I love the new settings, but everytime someone is AFK/quits I die a little inside. FeelsPlatMan

Same problems. Gotta run with a squad. 

I might actually grind H5 for the first time since release/ Only got to play like ~5 games yesterday and even though I had 50%< accuracy I still had a blast lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Same problems. Gotta run with a squad. 

I might actually grind H5 for the first time since release/ Only got to play like ~5 games yesterday and even though I had 50%< accuracy I still had a blast lol

Bro the struggle is real. If I can get a squad on (this weekend hopefully) I'm gonna be grinding for sure. 

It's a pretty sweaty playlist when you're low onyx and below. You play plenty of to4 champions.

correct, I have tougher matches in Skirmish than any other playlist ... it's basically a warmup playlist for Onyx Arena to4s.  Skirmish is if you feel like playing super-competitive Arena matches without worrying about your ranking; there are very few casuals in that playlist, in my experience

• Upvote (+1) 3

Were the servers especially bad for anyone else last night? Usually they aren't too awful for me, but sheesh they were terrible last night. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuck universal settings. 

*nostalgia glasses on*

We never needed them before, we don't need them now. 

Who cares if we lose the minuscule amount of players/viewers because there are no autos on the map? Being killed by garbage constantly is what ruined this game for me and countless others in the first place; hence why none of us even bother playing the game anymore. This franchise's popularity has dried out and part of it has to do with the fact that everything that was unique about Halo was stripped away from it.

I don't get the issue people have about wanting variety. Especially due to the fact the only significant difference between most of the playlist up to this point is that Arena is not filled with horrid maps. The rest of the issues still exist.

• Upvote (+1) 3