CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've had an endless sens crisis, am currently at 2 sens / 5 accel, seemed too slow at first but now I'm used to it. Doing a 180 takes baaaarely too long but my shot is now steady enough to make up for it. I'd like to do Danoxide's 4 sens / 5 accel but my accuracy suffers too much ...

I'm in the same boat. I play 1/5 and can use my pistol good but increasing to like 4/2 or 3/3 means I miss every shot. Only problem is I can't use automatics that well but it seems 343 are solving this issue for me

The game is buggy as shit now. Can't even view stats post game besides the accuracy page.

The carbine is still a problem on truth. The respawn time increase does nothing

• Downvote (-1) 1

I would love to see Grenade launcher on some maps if the projectile bug was fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So these changes (whilst great) basically guarantee that we're gunna see a separate HCS playlist right?

I think that's a bit of a shame. I liked having the competitive settings in a well populated playlist like Team Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've had an endless sens crisis, am currently at 2 sens / 5 accel, seemed too slow at first but now I'm used to it. Doing a 180 takes baaaarely too long but my shot is now steady enough to make up for it. I'd like to do Danoxide's 4 sens / 5 accel but my accuracy suffers too much ...

I've played on 3-5 for almost a year and i love it.

My only gripe about pistols only (besides not enough ammo, which is so obvious it should've been corrected before they put the playlist up) is that now kids' connection advantage is more glaringly in your face than before as you don't have a God Tier secondary (primary?) to switch to when it's obvious they aren't going to die after the fourth shot you hit them with while no shields. I have clip after clip tonight of kids eating headshots when they're no shields. You can't win games if you don't win fights. You can't win fights when kids don't die when they should. It's also super awesome that 3/4 of my 20 games tonight were against to4's that are members of "Viva La Colombia" and "Mexican Upper Class" and "Insert Generic LATAM Name Here" Spartan Companies, so there is that. How do I match them when I'm ~350 miles directly south of Royal 2? Thanks, Quinn.

Other than classic halo MM shenanigans that they still seem either entirely unable or unwilling to fix since H2, the playlist plays 100% better than any other iteration of H5 HCS up to this point. So much better that if they actually fix slow aim on "private servers" for events, it will be the best competitive H5 viewing experience to date to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which happens first?

A. Naded wins an event

B. Naded actually gets on the EG roster

Also, anyone else think if Naded announces his retirement Optic should sub him in for an event and try to get him a win? It'd be a pretty good story if nothing else. Ray Bourque of Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Which happens first?

A. Naded wins an event

Also, anyone else think if Naded announces his retirement Optic should sub him in for an event and try to get him a win? It'd be a pretty good story if nothing else. Ray Bourque of Halo?

After the optic naded debacle I doubt it.

Also, I doubt naded would want it that way, Tbh.

Which happens first?

A. Naded wins an event

I don't think OpTic would want to help him since might he stole their MVP award at last year's worlds

I just want to see more teams who can properly challenge Optic on LAN.

Envy winning pro league finals was awesome to see. If we can have 3 or 4 teams properly competing for the top spot it'll be so much more exciting. Optic absolutely dominating at Worlds just wasn't that interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which happens first?

A. Naded wins an event

I think they would be up for it, but I don't think Naded would want to get it that way.

Sooo, what does everyone think about the new settings that came yesterday? Good/bad?

I for one enjoyed it quite a bit, I started using sprint a lot less and played it more like the older games.

A goos start on the improvements that was really needed.

Edit: just realized I might have posted this on the wrong place, if that's the case, forgive me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so salty that I can't play probably for the next eight or nine days, coincidentally the ONE time 343 released something on time.

I've played on 3-5 for almost a year and i love it.

Would you say it feels a bit quicker or slower than 4-2 as far as input response?

So these changes (whilst great) basically guarantee that we're gunna see a separate HCS playlist right?

I think that's a bit of a shame. I liked having the competitive settings in a well populated playlist like Team Arena.

Tashi hopes to make universal settings a thing again in the future so hopefully they decide to push on with these changes in all playlists, or go forward with nerfing automatics, splinters, sword, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ii'd like universal settings for ffa with these current weapon,grenade settings.s anyone here interested in getting people together and trying out these new settings for ffa customs or team arena gametypes sometime?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So when are they going to fix the aiming in Halo 5? I've changed my sens like 100 times today in a span of 3 hours.

Clear the persistent Storage under Blue-ray in settings between matches. It helps a little bit. But yeah I am wondering the same thing.

The game is buggy as shit now. Can't even view stats post game besides the accuracy page.

The carbine is still a problem on truth. The respawn time increase does nothing

While the playlist and settings updates are all well and good, they don't alleviate all of this shitty game's other glaring issues. It's a step in the right direction, but now Halo 5 is just a little less of a dumpster fire than it used to be. Certainly, competitively, it's a lot better, but the game itself is still a mess.

Bruins traded Bourque to Aves so he could get a championship before he retired. I think Naded has more Halo left in him. The Aves were sort of struggling the first year he was on the team and it helped to have a veteran guy in the lockerroom and on the ice. The Aves weren't the undisputed best team in the league like Optic is. That'd be a cheap way to get a LAN win if you ask me, and I don't know that the Optic players would really be that down for it. He should earn it just like everyone else has.