CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Highly doubt this EG sticks together... OTOH this seems like the "leftovers" squad of the next season. Remember last time Naded & Contra teamed together? Contra got dropped... plus the bickering is going to reach a whole new level now.

But hopefully I'm wrong  :lxthul:

So when are they going to fix the aiming in Halo 5? I've changed my sens like 100 times today in a span of 3 hours.

I've been getting pretty good servers in MM the past couple of days but I played a couple of Octagon games and one of them was on perfect connection and another one was some of the worst heavy aim I've ever played on. I don't get it

I've been getting pretty good servers in MM the past couple of days but I played a couple of Octagon games and one of them was on perfect connection and another one was some of the worst heavy aim I've ever played on. I don't get it

I will never have that one sensitivity in Halo 5. I don't get it either 

Man, solo queue is terrible right now. At least the new settings are fun, i haven't quit yet!

Edit: quit playing that is, I pretty much always play the game out no matter how bad it is.

The guy was pretty chill and messaged me after the game saying he knew I was messing around.

If you guys liked the stream I'm open to doing this maybe once a week.

1v1 Formal next

• Upvote (+1) 2

The guy was pretty chill and messaged me after the game saying he knew I was messing around.

If you guys liked the stream I'm open to doing this maybe once a week.

He may not be good at Halo but hes a pretty good troll. He sure did trigger a lot of people in this community by claiming to have been semi pro in H3.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Highly doubt this EG sticks together... OTOH this seems like the "leftovers" squad of the next season. Remember last time Naded & Contra teamed together? Contra got dropped... plus the bickering is going to reach a whole new level now.

But hopefully I'm wrong  :lxthul:

What is the roster?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you find proof of that? Let's check his inflection and go deep.

I mean. Until they are ready to announce most people deny stuff like that.

I get the other stuff but why do people single this out in paticular

I will never have that one sensitivity in Halo 5. I don't get it either 

1 - 5 - 5 Crazy but it works

Used to be a big fan of the Shotzzy sens but I switched to 1.5/5/5, which is what Rammy plays, and it feels so much better than 1/5/5

• Upvote (+1) 1

E3 is two months away, if H3A is real they will announce it there, and only there. Until then, they will deny it's existence. Just like any other developer with a secret project. 

H3A could very well not be happening at all. Halo 3 could also very well be coming as a Play Anywhere title; which essentially fills the same request. Probably more so, since we don't have to worry about the art style being butchered. Sure things like the BR won't change, and whatever else is on people's wishlist.. but at that point it stops being H3 anyways. 

Or we can believe AMD is just as incompetent as 343 and included an image for a game that never released on PC; and is 10 years old. Maybe they meant to use H5: Forge as an example in their presentation, a game that has had little to no press or population.

I'd put money on a Play Anywhere version of H3 without the graphical overhaul. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Used to be a big fan of the Shotzzy sens but I switched to 1.5/5/5, which is what Rammy plays, and it feels so much better than 1/5/5

I've had an endless sens crisis, am currently at 2 sens / 5 accel, seemed too slow at first but now I'm used to it. Doing a 180 takes baaaarely too long but my shot is now steady enough to make up for it. I'd like to do Danoxide's 4 sens / 5 accel but my accuracy suffers too much ...

E3 is two months away, if H3A is real they will announce it there, and only there. Until then, they will deny it's existence. Just like any other developer with a secret project.

H3A could very well not be happening at all. Halo 3 could also very well be coming as a Play Anywhere title; which essentially fills the same request. Probably more so, since we don't have to worry about the art style being butchered. Sure things like the BR won't change, and whatever else is on people's wishlist.. but at that point it stops being H3 anyways.

Or we can believe AMD is just as incompetent as 343 and included an image for a game that never released on PC; and is 10 years old. Maybe they meant to use H5: Forge as an example in their presentation, a game that has had little to no press or population.

I'd put money on a Play Anywhere version of H3 without the graphical overhaul.

I mean Frank flat out said 3 times on GAF H3A isn't happening at all. No plans now, nothing in the works.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah the shotzzy sens is where it's at. Sometimes can get blocky depending on the server. Either way, 1/1.5-5-5 is the way to go.

Figuring out a sens in this game is like being a scientist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think this was posted earlier, but my thoughts on this are: while this is very interesting and good work putting the stats together, they're not altogether meaningful. First, 15 random games is too, too, too small of a meaningful sample. But secondly, I would be curious to see a larger set of data, not just for better representation, but to see actual trends within each game (so trends within Halo 3's lifespan and Halo 5's lifespan). The reason is that, even in professional sports such as the NBA, things like pace and playstyle usually follow trends, regardless of changes to the settings (ie: rules for sports). Sure, when the 3pt line was moved in, teams shot more threes, and there were additional rules in place to limit how much defense you could play on your man, but ignoring these discrete events, we see that the pace in the NBA the last few years is much higher than a decade ago. The meta evolves, with or without settings changes. Teams are shooting 3s at an astronomical rate these last two years, but nothing really has changed to make them more viable than they were 10 years ago.

So, even within the lifespan of one game release, you can expect the pace and meta to evolve, even if there are no major settings changes. People try something out, find that it works, and other people adapt to keep up. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

While I definitely concur that halo 5 is slowerpaced, I don't think that is a valid way of drawing that conclusion.

Especially when slayer in h5 has 8 sec respawn vs 5 in old halos

I think this was posted earlier, but my thoughts on this are: while this is very interesting and good work putting the stats together, they're not altogether meaningful. First, 15 random games is too, too, too small of a meaningful sample. But secondly, I would be curious to see a larger set of data, not just for better representation, but to see actual trends within each game (so trends within Halo 3's lifespan and Halo 5's lifespan). The reason is that, even in professional sports such as the NBA, things like pace and playstyle usually follow trends, regardless of changes to the settings (ie: rules for sports). Sure, when the 3pt line was moved in, teams shot more threes, and there were additional rules in place to limit how much defense you could play on your man, but ignoring these discrete events, we see that the pace in the NBA the last few years is much higher than a decade ago. The meta evolves, with or without settings changes. Teams are shooting 3s at an astronomical rate these last two years, but nothing really has changed to make them more viable than they were 10 years ago.

So, even within the lifespan of one game release, you can expect the pace and meta to evolve, even if there are no major settings changes. People try something out, find that it works, and other people adapt to keep up.

The line was only moved in for a season in the 90s. It was moved back a year later and stayed the same since
  • Upvote (+1) 2