CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

they actually removed all autos on map

I'm surprised they didn't take this time to put Sentinel Beams on a couple of maps as OS-shredders. You can at least make that gun miss.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Forge on PC has dogshit aiming right? This is kinda based on the idea that you can actually aim with a mouse.

They largely fixed the mouse aiming issues.  It's not 100% but it's more than enough to get a read on if the types of things you're saying are true or not.  This whole "guaranteed kills" and "no one will be missing" argument clearly shows that you have little experience with H5:F/PC games, if it all.  And I'm talking about a casual and professional level of skill, here.

Nah, kbm controls are just fucked in h5:forge

To maintain any sort of skill gap the weapons system would have to be completely reworked for PC. I dont think they'd have to remove weapons, but they'd have to rethink how they handle effective range- probably by going 100 percent projectile w/ gravity and momentum

You'd probably need more than that.

We managed to aim in H3 without much difficulty with projectile weapons. You'd need slow (relatively) projectiles and much higher movement speed really.

They largely fixed the mouse aiming issues. It's not 100% but it's more than enough to get a read on if the types of things you're saying are true or not. This whole "guaranteed kills" and "no one will be missing" argument clearly shows that you have little experience with H5:F/PC games, if it all. And I'm talking about a casual and professional level of skill, here.

How many top tier pc players have you seen play Forge with the fixed (but not really fixed) aiming? I'm gunna hazard a guess that it's not very many.

If I can fairly consistently hit shots in games with much faster and more unpredictable movement than Halo then I'm pretty sure people who near enough dedicate their lives to playing the game won't find it hard in Halo.

To repost what I said before:

Also, not that it's actually relevant, but I've probably got more experience with PC shooters than consoles. I actually briefly competed in TF2. I know how easy it is to be accurate with a mouse because I was really fucking accurate with a mouse (not so much anymore, bit out of practice). What makes hitting shots difficult is unpredictable and fast movement (something Halo lacks) or recoil/spray patterns (also something Halo lacks).

Anyway, this conversation is pretty much irrelevant because there's no way in hell 343 will run the HCS with mouse controls or that they'll design a Halo FPS with anything but console controls in mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They actually removed all automatics that's amazing they had no business being in competitive in the first place Empire SH is going to improve massively from this disappointed that caster is still on regret though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't believe they removed all the autos. I'm in actual shock right now. Finally.

Looking for people to play with! Solo Q is hard, and @@Clicked is heavy.  :kappa: gg don't ban me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

uhhh the playlist is live

Wow this is probably one of the worst things I could have read while at work...

I think I'm coming down with something *cough* *cough*. Better go home.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Leafs game 1 of the playoffs...HCS summer preview...I only have one monitor 

tenor.gif

Too bad Halo 5 doesn't have split screen.  :kappa: 

I'm surprised they didn't take this time to put Sentinel Beams on a couple of maps as OS-shredders. You can at least make that gun miss.

Would be cool to see sentinel beam and grenade launcher added to maps.

Leafs game 1 of the playoffs...HCS summer preview...I only have one monitor

tenor.gif

Is it still possible to snap things on Xbox? It's been like 3 years since I've done that so I have no idea.

Is it still possible to snap things on Xbox? It's been like 3 years since I've done that so I have no idea.

Nah, they took it out with the latest update. Apparently PiP is coming at some point though.

FPS games play like garbage with a controller. I've played hundreds and hundreds of hours of Halo but at this point I would not mind at all using a mouse.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nah, they took it out with the latest update. Apparently PiP is coming at some point though.

Actually right now they have no plans to replace it at all with anything which is a shame. 

Holy shit Shottzy was playing amazing that game. The over exterm at the end.

Also Ola got a breadstick

The fact that he's doing against a team of Huke, Danoxide, Renegade, & Mikwen is insane