CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's nothing hard to swallow here - sandbox changes have been needed for a long time and nothing was done.

I honestly don't understand what's so difficult about it, it has to be laziness, stubbornness or not giving a fuck. COD has like at least a patch a month. Granted not all of these included sandbox changes or weapon tuning but a good portion of them do.

I make the COD comparison here to show what supporting a game after launch looks like. You can release all the DLC you want but if there are problems with things like weapon/mechanic balance they should be a priority.

I think Halo 5 has been stale for sometime now, top on keeping basically the same settings and no gameplay changes (yea I know 1 1/2 years later - we did it gang!). I'm just excited to see a new game to freshen up the scene again possibly.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

https://twitter.com/Vetoed/status/852532297471582209

Would be the most hype E3 moment ever. Being on PC/Xbox Play Anywhere would be the cherry on top. Would literally be tears of joy over here.

Nah. I shed a tear of joy at the announcement of MCC. I shan't let my guard down so easily again.

Edit: Also, i fucking wish I'd known having a shit aim was a playstyle

• Upvote (+1) 1

FTFY

Wasn't my prettiest looking post, I'll admit.  Had an idea, had a second, hit a post button.  Think I got my lewlz across though 

Seriously though, what they did with MCC should've been downright illegal I'm surprised there wasn't a class action lawsuit.  60$ of the most broken piece of crushed hopes and dreams I've ever purchased.  (plus tax) 

MCC was essentially one of those dinosaur sponges.  I now know exactly how Bart Simpson felt.  

ps LOL it's a spanish version god I love life

• Upvote (+1) 4

Denial eSports, Tempo Storm and the GM of Rogue Gaming all follow Spartan... :intel:  :intel:

Remember when Dignitas followed him pre-Worlds?

Yup - I need to bookmark it at some point but he said Halo 5 is something that will be built upon going forward, not reinvented yet again like H3 to Reach, Reach to H4 and H4 to H5.

That's actually nice to hear, especially if we end Halo 5 on a good note, with good competitive settings and a definite step away from where this game started.

-Being built upon? it's over 1 & a half years old, it's had fuck all balancing updates and has fuck all population to appease now- depressing - When the fuck does he expect this game to be actually good?- That ship has fucking sailed-

-fucking have dev support- fucked around - bullshit -

-

-Halo 5 managed to get even less relevant over the years, regardless of it's changes. Building upon it? Fuck off.-

cfD5G0M.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

I can't take anything Ayoub says seriously.

yeah. If Aypub is on stage for the announcement I will not believe any word
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine challenging everyone to a 1v1 while claiming you wouldn't even need a bullet to win.

What is he just going to spartan charge the whole time?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Imagine challenging everyone to a 1v1 while claiming you wouldn't even need a bullet to win.

What is he just going to spartan charge the whole time?

I dunno what's scarier. Someone making this challenge or me having to think for more than 5 seconds as to whether it'd work or not

• Upvote (+1) 8

If the only reason to change things is because the majority is bitching about it then they are doing a terrible job. It has been clear even since launch that the automatics, more specifically the assault rifle, was overpowered. The Storm Rifle was addressed by moving it to Tier 2 and SMG is placed much less frequently on maps but the assault rifle has escaped all changes except for a straight up removal in one playlist.

It took what, 16 months to even get a sniper rifle tweak and even then it was out of scope only? There's nothing hard to swallow here - sandbox changes have been needed for a long time and nothing was done.

EDIT: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14817-halo-world-championship-2017-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/?view=findpost&p=926570

I'm out.

Yea, get back in warzone and then provide your halo competitive tweaking advice.  lol

• Downvote (-1) 7

IIRC highest I ever got was 49 in MLG, 50 in most others. Spent alot of my free time with Walshy getting my ass kicked for practice. When I say semi pro i just mean I won money at local tourneys, competed in MLG Dallas (watched my fav team fail to qualify for reach in 2010) was all over gamerbattles, and spent alot of my time getting my ass kicked by real pros in customs for practice lol. Genuinely sorry if you were disappointed that I wasn't on a roster,

I couldn't honestly care less about what you label me, point is that I'm better than the avg player and do so primarily using melees.

bahahahahahahahahaha

• Upvote (+1) 1

We'll play at ~ 9 est today. I'm not sure yet.

Ur gonna get bodied m8.

If a Warzone kid thinks the AR is overpowered, then you've got a problem.

I have no problem actually.  I have enjoyed H5 thoroughly and appreciate 343 continuing to keep Halo alive when Bungie moved on.  I also have no problem understanding with a franchise as big as Halo that changes SHOULD come slow but the fact that such changes are coming is an even better statement.  I also don't like the vocal minority, particular the ones who play warzone firefight exclusively, to badger 343 over what they should and shouldn't be balancing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I have no problem actually.  I have enjoyed H5 thoroughly and appreciate 343 continuing to keep Halo alive when Bungie moved on.  I also have no problem understanding with a franchise as big as Halo that changes SHOULD come slow but the fact that such changes are coming is an even better statement.  I also don't like the vocal minority, particular the ones who play warzone firefight exclusively, to badger 343 over what they should and shouldn't be balancing.

I guess all the pros are playing Firefight all day.

Gotcha - good talk.

EDIT: There's a reason I stick to Firefight my dude (when I even play Halo 5 these days, roll on Destiny 2) and that's because it's the closest I can get to some enjoyment out of Halo 5. I wish my beta stats were somewhere online to show how much I grinded. I even played a fair bit of Arena back in 2015 but once people began to take advantage of the automatics, etc I lost interest and jumped into Warzone.

It's even funnier when I think about a potential AR nerf would actually make my experience with Halo 5 worse over in Firefight and I'd totally be fine with that if it made the Arena portion better.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I guess all the pros are playing Firefight all day.

Gotcha - good talk.

EDIT: There's a reason I stick to Firefight my dude (when I even play Halo 5 these days, roll on Destiny 2) and that's because it's the closest I can get to some enjoyment out of Halo 5. I wish my beta stats were somewhere online to show how much I grinded. I even played a fair bit of Arena back in 2015 but once people began to take advantage of the automatics, etc I lost interest and jumped into Warzone.

It's even funnier when I think about a potential AR nerf would actually make my experience with Halo 5 worse over in Firefight and I'd totally be fine with that if it made the Arena portion better.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy Halo 5, many people don't  - especially 2 years after a games release.  I enjoy it and am glad they are removing the AR but I don't personally hold that against 343 and insult their capability because of it.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I honestly don't understand what's so difficult about it, it has to be laziness, stubbornness or not giving a fuck. COD has like at least a patch a month. Granted not all of these included sandbox changes or weapon tuning but a good portion of them do.

I make the COD comparison here to show what supporting a game after launch looks like. You can release all the DLC you want but if there are problems with things like weapon/mechanic balance they should be a priority.

Yeah, I dunno man.

Part of me wants to think that no one was bother with sandbox after Halo 5 launched similar to how no one was in Menke's roll on matchmaking sustain but then you see the buff to the Plasma Caster so someone must have been doing it.

Quinn says he has no part in it which baffles me - I dunno if he's full on into Halo 6 (even though the pros constantly tell us that Quinn's the reason we get some of the changes on Arena maps between seasons).

I just want Halo 5 to be more fun to play so I can actually hop on and play more than two games without wanting to go back to Twitch.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy Halo 5, many people don't  - especially 2 years after a games release.  I enjoy it and am glad they are removing the AR but I don't personally hold that against 343 and insult their capability because of it.

Just seems you're getting on my case for obviously being tired of the same old shit, honestly. 17 months or so since the game launched and we've only just got word on a potential AR tweak which should have happened right as 2016 started. No communication on the idea until the AR was straight up removed before Pro League (and completely killing their universal settings idea).

If you still enjoy Halo 5, good for you but there's a lot of people that are simply tired of the game being the same old stuff for 17 months outside of a Plasma Caster buff (followed by its nerf soon after) and the Sniper Rifle nerf out of scope. It's incredibly frustrating to see Call of Duty constantly tweak weapons almost monthly while Halo doesn't change anything when it really needs changing.

Shit can we get some Pro League news so I can go back to watching.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The one thing I want Halo 6 or whatever halo is next to improve on is the damn servers. I hate having 2 second delay everything. After one game I don't want to play anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1