CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How well do you guys think Naded would work with EG?

With the new settings, they could theoretically be a really tough squad. At worst it would be a lateral move for EG, so basically a top 6 squad.

Naded has nearly joined EG multiple times now and it's never actually happened. Wonder if this is finally the time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, they're still noticeably different. BR has a succession of bullets in a burst making it more forgiving to hit headshots with a moving reticle or enemy, and also interacts with bleedthrough in a much deadlier way.

If a BR has "No Spread" then the bullets wouldn't still be in a "burst", as the burst causes them to spread. No? If they don't spread, its effectively a DMR because the "burst" would act as a single shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If a BR has "No Spread" then the bullets wouldn't still be in a "burst", as the burst causes them to spread. No? If they don't spread, its effectively a DMR because the "burst" would act as a single shot.

If it's not hitscan, then wouldn't this only matter if the RPM was high enough, especially if either player is peek shooting? Genuine question, not trying to sound snarky or anything like that.

Many rumours of no LAN finals for EU pro league floating around on twitter. Has there been something official said about this? Simms said the finals would not be open events but there was no comment that the finals wouldnt be LAN.

I just wish they would announce things already.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The BR still shoots the first bullet where you fire, subsequent ones recoil upward in a tight and consistent pattern.  The spread on H3 is that the bullets were literally randomly landing anywhere within the reticle and you had no control over managing that.

They could still be burst fire but be slightly behind each other with no spread.

I wouldn't mind a halo 3 burst if it were more like CS where you knew where the bullets were going to go. "Tightening" the shot doesn't seem like a good thing to do. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Many rumours of no LAN finals for EU pro league floating around on twitter. Has there been something official said about this? Simms said the finals would not be open events but there was no comment that the finals wouldnt be LAN.

I just wish they would announce things already.

I mean there's like a 60% chance Simms isn't even fully aware of where the details currently stand. I'm willing to bet we won't hear anything until at least Monday, with the roster lock probably on Friday, alongside the release of the final settings, with the first matches starting 4 days later, the following Tuesday. I may be too optimistic on the release date, but once things getting released, that is how quickly stuff is going to have to happen. 

Oh and for those who have forgotten, there is still a pro league spot to fill. And if ESL just picks someone at random someone is going to lose it.

They could still be burst fire but be slightly behind each other with no spread.

I'll take your guys word for it.

When I picture a Br with no spread I basically think the spread tightens so much it basically fuses together to form a single bullet to achieve no spread. Basically like the difference between pellet shotguns and slugs (thats an extreme). If that makes sense.

Carry on.

How well do you guys think Naded would work with EG?

IDK if he could handle the twins bickering. we'll see.  My money is on him, Articc or Ryanoob joining the team.  My preference is for the last 2.

I wouldn't mind a halo 3 burst if it were more like CS where you knew where the bullets were going to go. "Tightening" the shot doesn't seem like a good thing to do. 

exactly.  make the burst be a quick projectile, with a spread shaped like this / or \ every time (pick one, don't alternate).  This could be applied to all the auto's too.  Make them more accurate, but give them a consistent spread shaped like a 7 or < or ^ or something similar.  Whatever pattern is picked shouldn't be more complicated than a couple straight lines in whatever configuration though.  No 6 or S shapes cuz thumbsticks.

When I picture a Br with no spread I basically think the spread tightens so much it basically fuses together to form a single bullet to achieve no spread. Basically like the difference between pellet shotguns and slugs (thats an extreme). If that makes sense.

Carry on.

I see where you were coming from.  Ideally there IS spread and the 3 round bust takes long enough that you can't just sweep and land all 3 bullets. but that spread should be non-random and linear because thumbsticks.  Its really the non-random part that matters.

EDIT: Also, since the spread on a weapon like that would probably be functionally caused by recoil, the gun should also return to center before you the next burst.

EDIT 2:  OR you could make the spread contingent on your motion.  If you are still it will go straight up, moving to the left it will go like this / and moving to the right it will go like this \

So LG is 3-0 in scrims so far, but almost all if not all of them have been 7-6? Interesting.

RLh3VG3.png

:wutface:

I like how the comment below that is calling him out for not actually being a semi pro lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

Carry on.

I see where you are coming from. The only real difference is a very slight delay between each bullet. With no spread it only makes a difference when the target or the retical is moving very fast, in which case one of the bullets may not land in time.

Has the PG radar been confirmed for the new playlist and settings? Might have to change my profile pic.

Yes, PG radar has been confirmed with removed starting AR's. Still no news on the current state of Auto pickups on the maps or when the playlist will drop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would be the most hype E3 moment ever. Being on PC/Xbox Play Anywhere would be the cherry on top. Would literally be tears of joy over here.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Would be the most hype E3 moment ever. Being on PC/Xbox Play Anywhere would be the cherry on top. Would literally be tears of joy over here.

I remember when MCC was the most hype E3 moment ever.

Then.....It happened...I can't even speak of it without getting sick

• Upvote (+1) 4