CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Too tired to search, but he said it on neogaf. Moa can confirm

Yup - I need to bookmark it at some point but he said Halo 5 is something that will be built upon going forward, not reinvented yet again like H3 to Reach, Reach to H4 and H4 to H5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Being built upon? it's over 1 & a half years old, it's had fuck all balancing updates and has fuck all population to appease now. We just had one of the most depressing world championships in esports which had less then half the prize money of last years and probably had less genuine viewership as well. When the fuck does he expect this game to be actually good? That ship has fucking sailed lmao, the best we can do now is cater to whatever competitive userbase we have now and start fresh with good settings. At this point the only thing I see being worthwhile is a reinvention of settings exactly like Reach had.

And remember, Reach comp didnt even fucking have dev support. Halo 5 literally centered around competitive Halo and we've been let down again and again by a dev team that fucked around with weapon placement and left us high and dry for every season of Pro League. A Pro league that was full of online bullshit that never really got fixed. And since the campaign was trash comp Halo was the only good selling point because the game had no content day one, not even real social playlists.

Halo 5 managed to get even less relevant over the years, regardless of it's changes. Building upon it? Fuck off.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Being built upon? it's over 1 & a half years old, it's had fuck all balancing updates and has fuck all population to appease now. We just had one of the most depressing world championships in esports which had less then half the prize money of last years and probably had less genuine viewership as well. When the fuck does he expect this game to be actually good? That ship has fucking sailed lmao, the best we can do now is cater to whatever competitive userbase we have now and start fresh with good settings. At this point the only thing I see being worthwhile is a reinvention of settings exactly like Reach had.

And remember, Reach comp didnt even fucking have dev support. Halo 5 literally centered around competitive Halo and we've been let down again and again by a dev team that fucked around with weapon placement and left us high and dry for every season of Pro League. A Pro league that was full of online bullshit that never really got fixed. And since the campaign was trash comp Halo was the only good selling point because the game had no content day one, not even real social playlists.

Halo 5 managed to get even less relevant over the years, regardless of it's changes. Building upon it? Fuck off.

He means Halo 6 will build upon the mechanics of 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

He means Halo 6 will build upon the mechanics of 5.

lol

whelp, point still stands, They should be trying their asses off to distance themselves from H5, just like they did with MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Take the name of "Halo" away from 343 Studios and what are you left with? Possible one, if not the, worst AAA game developer still making games. Their track record is pretty atrocious, especially considering their resources. 

Look at Witcher's or Horizon and compare it to the resources 343 has. They truly are incompetent. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really dont get the Halo reddit. Someone could post content they spent hours making and it would go unnoticed.

Then you have this with over 1.2k up votes

http://i.imgur.com/tcaWoiN.gifv

It's just reddit in general.

Easily digestible and relatable content gets upvoted quickly. Long-form content which may not be as easy to understand or people may disagree with will not be upvoted as quickly and so will be lost.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Easily digestible and relatable content gets upvoted quickly. Long-form content which may not be as easy to understand or people may disagree with will not be upvoted as quickly and so will be lost.

I get that, but what is the purpose of this GIF that it warranted 1.2k upvotes... A team ran into a base at the same time and kill some marines? 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I really dont get the Halo reddit. Someone could post content they spent hours making and it would go unnoticed.

Then you have this with over 1.2k up votes

http://i.imgur.com/tcaWoiN.gifv

I literally came here to see if someone had mentioned that. The comments were talking about the teamwork being rare; it happens in most high level arena games lol 

Some subs tend to ignore/frown upon youtube or xboxdvr links etc in general. If it isn't on imgur/streamable you are definitely not going to get anywhere near the same amount of hits. 

I get that, but what is the purpose of this GIF that it warranted 1.2k upvotes... A team ran into a base at the same time and kill some marines?

This is the relatable part; it's rare that you see a bunch of randoms working together in Warzone.

Some subs tend to ignore/frown upon youtube or xboxdvr links etc in general. If it isn't on imgur/streamable you are definitely not going to get anywhere near the same amount of hits. 

Generally it's because of mobile. A youtube or dvr link often requires you to leave the app/site whereas you can view gifs inline. Also videos have sound which is often not wanted when you're on a phone.

343s games are really only bad in a competitive sense though.

Uh no. 343 is absolutely terrible at creating games that have longevity and retain players.

• Upvote (+1) 8

been out of the scene since Worlds. Any new team changes/rumours since then? Thank you and sorry for asking!

Guys if you don't like their content just unsub from them on reddit, I did it years back and haven't looked back.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I agree with everything bar this. I think projectile BR with no spread would be better personally. I feel leading shots is a bit more skillful and I like moving my reticule to compensate for it.

That's personal preference though.

A BR with no spread is effectively a DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OG: same

NV: same

TL: same

Str8: Same

LG: -El Town +Trippey

EG: RoyBox, Contra, No 4th

Orgless: Danoxide, Spartan, Cratos, Str8 Sick

Splyce: Same

Orgless: Suspector, Commonly, El Town, Predevonator

For a second I thought it said Ogreless and was like "well duh, they all are".
  • Upvote (+1) 6

A BR with no spread is effectively a DMR.

No, they're still noticeably different. BR has a succession of bullets in a burst making it more forgiving to hit headshots with a moving reticle or enemy, and also interacts with bleedthrough in a much deadlier way.
  • Upvote (+1) 1