CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

H4: whoops we fucked up the launch but we'll be better next time.

MCC: whoops we fucked up the launch but we'll be better next time

Halo5: whoops we fucked up the launch but we'll be better next time

I honestly dont think they are talented enough to pull a con like that. In all likelihood they're a mediocre dev who was foolishly give a pile of cash and promptly set it on fire
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I'm cautiously optimistic, part of me thinks they just google image searched Halo and used one of the top results in their video?

Why they used Halo I dunno?

Edit: That H3 image is the 4th one to pop up for me in a google image search for "Halo"

• Upvote (+1) 5

I want H3A to happen so badly but if they screw it up that will be the end. That is the last play they have available to ride on bungie's coattails. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

H3a would be broken intentionally to funnel people to play the h6 beta. It's the same shit they did to MCC

I can get on board with not thinking that 343 will do a good job, but to say they are deliberately breaking the game is such a jump in logic man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's a different point to the one you were making. You stated they intentionally broke a game to get more sales for their next one.The best way to generate sales for a sequel is to make a damn good game. You think People bought Halo 2 because Halo 1 was shit?

Releasing a broken game with the purpose of making people buy your sequel? That makes less than zero sense. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's a different point to the one you were making. You stated they intentionally broke a game to get more sales for their next one.The best way to generate sales for a sequel is to make a damn good game. You think People bought Halo 2 because Halo 1 was shit?

Releasing a broken game with the purpose of making people buy your sequel? That makes less than zero sense.

You seriously think they didn't know MCC was fucked before it went live? I do. And I don't think they cared because they were more focused on the beta and h5.

Call it whatever you want, but their neglect wasn't just some freak occurence

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wasn't around for h4 and mcc launch but to me h5 seemed like it could've easily been pushed to release by Microsoft before 343 wanted to

I wasn't around for h4 and mcc launch but to me h5 seemed like it could've easily been pushed to release by Microsoft before 343 wanted to

That's almost definitely the case, the simple fact that a core feature like forge being delayed months is a testament to that. BUT we all played the beta, and it's safe to assume that all the "important stuff" was essentially completed a year before release. The fact that they got so little done in a whole year (not to mention the whole 3 year cycle) shows there was some serious management issues. I'm pretty sure Halo 4 had more content in total, which was a game made while the the studio was actually being built lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You seriously think they didn't know MCC was fucked before it went live? I do. And I don't think they cared because they were more focused on the beta and h5.

Call it whatever you want, but their neglect wasn't just some freak occurence

If what you're saying is "Did they know that the game was broken and release it anyway," then yes, the answer is absogoddamnlutely but it was probably suppressed as a "we can fix this within few days" type deal and then released anyway.

What you said previously was that they intentionally released a broken product for the purpose of getting people to play their next one, which makes no sense.

From my perspective, I feel that someone (probably a networks admin, poor soul) knew it was bork and raised this but there was no chance in hell they're not releasing it on Halo 2's birthday so it got released by some exec who doesn't know the difference between a browser and the internet.

IF H3A does happen would people want the BR to stay the same? With its bullet spread

Personally I would yes, the only actual problem with the BR spread in the original was that H3 had terrible net code that couldn't handle it. On LAN it was no issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personally I would yes, the only actual problem with the BR spread in the original was that H3 had terrible net code that couldn't handle it. On LAN it was no issue.

Randomness is a problem. The random bullet spread was intentionally built into the BR by Bungie. Being online or on LAN didn't change that.

If what you're saying is "Did they know that the game was broken and release it anyway," then yes, the answer is absogoddamnlutely but it was probably suppressed as a "we can fix this within few days" type deal and then released anyway.

What you said previously was that they intentionally released a broken product for the purpose of getting people to play their next one, which makes no sense.

From my perspective, I feel that someone (probably a networks admin, poor soul) knew it was bork and raised this but there was no chance in hell they're not releasing it on Halo 2's birthday so it got released by some exec who doesn't know the difference between a browser and the internet.

Releasing a known broken game, is intentionally breaking it as far as I'm concerned

Call it whatever you want, but they lied. They knew and they lied.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Take the name of "Halo" away from 343 Studios and what are you left with? Possible one, if not the, worst AAA game developer still making games. Their track record is pretty atrocious, especially considering their resources. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Releasing a known broken game, is intentionally breaking it as far as I'm concerned

Call it whatever you want, but they lied. They knew and they lied.

That's not what intentionally means man. Like I get your point, but what you're saying is that they deliberately went and created the issues in MCC. That is not the same as knowing the game has issues and releasing it (forced to or not)

Yes, they messed up. Did they intentionally break the game? No.

occam's razor: H3 photo was used because some intern thought it looked cool 

Or someone wanted to take trolling to another level knowing that halo fans would go apeshit. If that's the case I will never ever buy a AMD product again. Some things you don´t joke about.  :uncledrew:

Take the name of "Halo" away from 343 Studios and what are you left with? Possible one, if not the, worst AAA game developer still making games. Their track record is pretty atrocious, especially considering their resources. 

343s games are really only bad in a competitive sense though. There are still millions of copies sold and a lot of casuals play Halo 5 and played Halo 4. Halo 5 isn't even that bad of a game IMO.

Granted, the population has probably dropped since Halo 2/3, but that's because (in my opinion) Halo is just getting stale in the eyes of a lot of people. It's not the "face of Xbox" anymore. My cousins are playing Overwatch now lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

occam's razor: H3 photo was used because some intern thought it looked cool 

"We need a Halo picture for our promo video since all future games will be on PC" Intern Google Image searches "halo," Sees that one as literally the fourth image....

Let's say H3A is confirmed and set to release later this year. Here's my wishlist.

1. PC and xbox one launch with crossplay customs/coop

2.Dedicated servers with a browser

3. Return of 1-50 and the H3 exp system

4. Hitscan BR 

5. 343 support for competitive with MLG running an open lan league leading to H6 release.PC could be supported aswell

6. Revamped improved forge with mod support

7. A bonus for those of us that owned MCC

8. Ongoing map releases depending on maps at launch

9. LAN/offline support

10. Splitscreen on all platforms

11. Cosmetics that can possibly fund ongoing support and esports etc

12. A stable game at launch with settings that pc users have come to expect from genre

13. Strongholds/Invasion could be added to the gametypes

14 Halo 3 matchmaking with vetoes and parties match parties etc

I'm highly sceptical of 343 and fully expect a PC/xbox beta so we can see if this will be another disaster. Here's a thought if everything goes right H3A worlds 2018 MLG Columbus with H6 teaser trailer thrown into the mix. It would be nice if H3A can help kick Halo back into prominence. 343 please don't fuck it up. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought the whole point of proving grounds was to test out multiple settings and see which is best? We've literally only tested SA Radar 25m. Not no radar, not SA18m, not any other variation...

I mean, I'm happy we're getting changes, I'd just like to see the proving grounds playlist utilised better next time around.

It was used to test what they added and it served its purpose. No doubt it will come back in a different way when they decide they want to modify something else in 12 months.

Let's say H3A is confirmed and set to release later this year. Here's my wishlist.

1. PC and xbox one launch with crossplay customs/coop

2.Dedicated servers with a browser

3. Return of 1-50 and the H3 exp system

4. Hitscan BR

5. 343 support for competitive with MLG running an open lan league leading to H6 release.PC could be supported aswell

6. Revamped improved forge with mod support

7. A bonus for those of us that owned MCC

8. Ongoing map releases depending on maps at launch

9. LAN/offline support

10. Splitscreen on all platforms

11. Cosmetics that can possibly fund ongoing support and esports etc

12. A stable game at launch with settings that pc users have come to expect from genre

13. Strongholds/Invasion could be added to the gametypes

14 Halo 3 matchmaking with vetoes and parties match parties etc

I'm highly sceptical of 343 and fully expect a PC/xbox beta so we can see if this will be another disaster. Here's a thought if everything goes right H3A worlds 2018 MLG Columbus with H6 teaser trailer thrown into the mix. It would be nice if H3A can help kick Halo back into prominence. 343 please don't fuck it up.

and then people will complain about going back to sprint/thrust which h6 already has been confirmed by Frankie to be based off

Idk I tend to find storylines easier than normal people.

Wtf is "normal people"?!

Idk why, but that had me more tilted than solo queuing to Iron banner rank 5 at the start of the week after all bounties are done. Man that PvP is some rage inducing shit. I never want to hear a complaint about h5 again (joke obviously) after grinding the suffering that is that sprint-slide, shotgun, ranged-melee, super, homing-grenade fuck-fest again

• Upvote (+1) 3

and then people will complain about going back to sprint/thrust which h6 already has been confirmed by Frankie to be based off

Source?

I really dont want h3a, that implies the MP will be recreated in 343s engine.

I just want a straight port of H3 with updated textures and effects.

That way we can keep all the maps, gametypes, and modes- and dont have to worry about 343 adding shit like grenade hitmarkers and sun glare.

Alao a PC port to go with it would be bananas.

• Upvote (+1) 9