CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sadly, there aren't many people building competitive 4v4 maps anymore.  The seeming total lack of interest from 343 has resulted in most forgers not bothering with them.  I don't really have my finger on the pulse like I once did, so I can't give any personal recommendations, but this should be a good starting point: https://t.co/NEClmoYn8t

Scroll to the right a bit and you'll see lists of '4v4 Nominations', '4v4 Candidates', and a couple lists of remakes.  

I've personally only made one 4v4 map so far (made for Slayer and Strongholds), which you can check out here.  I have another one that's still at a relatively early stage, but playable.  It's for CTF and Slayer, and can be found here.  Here's a video walkthrough of it (which is outdated, but shows the basic layout):

Really appreciate somewhere to start.

People are all for joining Slayer and FFA Pez settings right now, so I'll probably run a few 4v4 slayers tonight if I can get a consistent group.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Might be late but: 

I guess that means 25m radar range. Not a huge fan of that

• Upvote (+1) 8

Any word on who left nadeds team?

If it still has on map pick ups then it's still not good FFA to me. Should be pistols only.

I still want 8 players. There has to be a map good enough for it

Took down Ambush at agl8 too

I think Ambush got knocked to losers/out by Infamous. I dont think Requiem actually every beat Ambush they just won the event?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess that means 25m radar range. Not a huge fan of that

Fuck it i dont even mind it, it makes you even more careful to use spartan abilities so theres less of that.  It does a good job of controlling that at least.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But there are 1v1 esports? What difference does it make if it's 2v2, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6 or 1v1? If it's fun and competitive. That was a serious question by the way, I wasn't trying to be a dick. 2v2 almost makes it easier to find yourself a person to team with in my eyes. Everyone always used to say "find yourself a duo" and there's always a lot of talk about pairs of players that like to stick together in both Halo and Call of Duty (moreso Halo). Seems logical to me that a 2v2 game would be a great thing. 

Agreed. Honestly, I would argue that Halo focusing on 2v2 for competitive would have a lot of advantages.

• It's unique. What other major game really focuses on 2v2?
  • It's absolutely easier to pick up and play, because you only need one team mate, instead of 3 or 4 or 5.
  • It still has the team dynamic that people generally seem to like in competitive games (based on pretty much all of the most popular eSports being team-oriented).
  • And yet it also has a lot of room for crazy bad-ass individual plays (assuming CE-style gameplay).
  • Probably more stuff that isn't occurring to me.

The move to 4v4 was a mistake.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If the no EU LAN for finals thing is real it would mark another decrease in support internationally from 343. This is the problem with no LAN. The international communities could be much bigger but when a LAN needs to be basically approved by 343 it means less events.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Ambush got knocked to losers/out by Infamous. I dont think Requiem actually every beat Ambush they just won the event?

Infamous sent them to losers, Requiem sent them home

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey guys I've been away from the thread for a day and I'd rather ask what PEZ settings are than spend 5-10 minutes trying to figure it out myself.

What are PEZ settings?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Infamous sent them to losers, Requiem sent them home

https://youtu.be/6z9c-4WnphE

I know people hate h4 but that was a good event. Also notice how easily they switch listen ins in the first series, but it seems like a nuclear event to do it with HCS now

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought the whole point of proving grounds was to test out multiple settings and see which is best? We've literally only tested SA Radar 25m. Not no radar, not SA18m, not any other variation...

I mean, I'm happy we're getting changes, I'd just like to see the proving grounds playlist utilised better next time around. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Accurate.

Are you seriously fucking implying that the Pilot G2 is not the superior pen for its price range?

• Upvote (+1) 7