CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I swear h1 was just accidentally god tier and esport friendly. Like, did they intend for the pistol to be a utility weapon? or the fact that you can nade weapons? etc.

For the pistol, pretty much yeah. Nading weapons wasn't intended to the degree that players used it but it was a deliberate design choice that grenades would launch weapons significant distances.

maybe your email got deleted, nerd

lmao

As I posted that it came through.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hmm, so not even finals in Eu? Wow, that sucks if true. I loved sumner/fall eu finals.

Is this actually the case? Woulf suck next level if so. EU fall finals was awesome and sold out way ahead of time. I was really looking forward to attending again.

Tell me it isnt true @@TheSimms

There's probably finals they mentioned that in the last update on waypoint I think he means that there's no open events in EU again.

Onslaught and Amplified in H3 tourney REALLY made me want to see a Forge map in the HCS playlist.

Do you guys have a favorite competitive forge map? I would love to host a custom through the browser tonight and play forge maps.

Sadly, there aren't many people building competitive 4v4 maps anymore.  The seeming total lack of interest from 343 has resulted in most forgers not bothering with them.  I don't really have my finger on the pulse like I once did, so I can't give any personal recommendations, but this should be a good starting point: https://t.co/NEClmoYn8t

Scroll to the right a bit and you'll see lists of '4v4 Nominations', '4v4 Candidates', and a couple lists of remakes.  

I've personally only made one 4v4 map so far (made for Slayer and Strongholds), which you can check out here.  I have another one that's still at a relatively early stage, but playable.  It's for CTF and Slayer, and can be found here.  Here's a video walkthrough of it (which is outdated, but shows the basic layout):

• Upvote (+1) 7

Damn

I remember that Winterfox team splitting on bad terms but if it's all water under the bridge I'd enjoying seeing a ryanoob or cntra duo again.  Obviously the only reason this team fell apart was because they changed their name from Team Randa to Winterfox.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Currently trying to get a FFA Pez lobby going on Truth.

GT: Oh no Pono

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many 2v2 esports are there?

There only needs to be 1. Halo 1.

555899-halo_2008_08_14_01_51_16_57.jpg

Side note: Do not remind yourself that Halo 1 and 2 are games by google image searching "Halo 1 Master Chief" or you will take a trip down memory lane. The nostalgia hurts a little, but then you see the Master Chief Collection logo and part of you dies.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think Legit ever announced he was done with competitive Halo. He just up and left after that terrible experience at a small LAN event at the very beginning of Halo 5. I forgot the location of the event, but I don't blame him for calling it quits.

intended it to be a fun and simple party game.

majority of esport games that are popular are just fun ass games that are fun with friends... can't say that about H5

Couldn't agree more dude. Halo 1, 2, and 3 were the kind of games that you could just grab your friends on a night, set some Xboxes up and go to town for about 6 hours. Throw some pizza in the mix and you're golden. 

How many 2v2 esports are there?

But there are 1v1 esports? What difference does it make if it's 2v2, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6 or 1v1? If it's fun and competitive. That was a serious question by the way, I wasn't trying to be a dick. 2v2 almost makes it easier to find yourself a person to team with in my eyes. Everyone always used to say "find yourself a duo" and there's always a lot of talk about pairs of players that like to stick together in both Halo and Call of Duty (moreso Halo). Seems logical to me that a 2v2 game would be a great thing. 

I don't think Legit ever announced he was done with competitive Halo. He just up and left after that terrible experience at a small LAN event at the very beginning of Halo 5. I forgot the location of the event, but I don't blame him for calling it quits.

fabulous Daytona, FL!

Since the Customs and Matchmaking thread of the forums is pretty dead has anyone thought to make another team beyond clan on halo to run games with the new settings?

Last I checked the other was full and I figured having another active one would help with people finding solo queue painful... plus Achilles wouldn't look too shabby.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He retired in 2010 following Columbus and came back in Reach.

He won an event in Halo 4 and finished top 4 at the H4GC didn't he?

Yes then he played a couple of H2A events with Str8

6 second respawn is the key. Currently running that now and you feel like you are really 1v1ing with a hint of outside interference.

Way less easy clean ups.

Naded's the perfect player for teams looking to make the top 4-6 conversation. He always finds a way to help push teams up there. I hate to admit it but once you're in that conversation you're probably better off picking up someone else to help challenge for first.

For that reason though I think he'd be a good pick up for EG. (Considering their current situation)

• Upvote (+1) 3