CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Have to think EG is just waiting for one of these teams to implode... probably Crowd Pleasers (it has Spartan :kappa: ). If all the current teams stick, who would they pick up as a fourth? Respectful? Articc? BabyJ? Monster? Nemassist? Randa?  :walshy:

There are a fair amount of players out there without solidified teams. I agree, they're probably waiting to see who is available.

Also... please not Spartan on EG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i never know if i should belive randa or not. rammy wrote that lengthy retirement post and i cant believe that commonly doesnt have an offer from another team like splyce or eg. if trippey hasnt been confirmed as lg's 4th, they should run some games with commonly too

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait so those PEZ settings won't be used for the new playlist? We are actually going to keep smgs and storms? That has to be a troll there is no way.

I mean, wouldn't EU rather go to Dreamhack to play NA again rather than an EU only LAN?

Also, it's crazy Commonly isn't on a pro team. Same with Ryanoob.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean, wouldn't EU rather go to Dreamhack to play NA again rather than an EU only LAN?

no

although top 2 from eu going to dreamhack is awesome, that only benefits 8 people

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wait so those PEZ settings won't be used for the new playlist? We are actually going to keep smgs and storms? That has to be a troll there is no way.

343 still hasn't figured our how to nerf the AR besides removing it, so I can't be surprised.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Watched Snipedown get the easiest Killing Spree of his career the other night with an AR while playing 8's. He was the only player with an auto in the encounters and absolutely shredded them with ease. His auto seemed even more OP since no one could counter him with one of their own. AR's are confirmed out, but SMG and SR haven't been yet.

What do we think the odds are of SMG and SR still being on maps?

I'm afraid they are quite high. Which will only make the autos problem worse in my opinion.

It is guaranteed to occur. "Baby steps" is 343's balancing motto.

Randa always trolls on Twitter lol. Commonly is running games tonight with Cryptik (RyaNoob, DasTroyed, Prototype), they're scrimming LG.

• Upvote (+1) 8

What kind of player does EG need right now?

one that they don't deserve

batman joke

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that 343i can even utter the word "babysteps" after all the changes they've made to gameplay mechanics is just ridiculous. How is removing one spartan ability too big of a change, but yet them added in like 5 of them isn't too big of a change?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The fact that 343i can even utter the word "babysteps" after all the changes they've made to gameplay mechanics is just ridiculous. How is removing one spartan ability too big of a change, but yet them added in like 5 of them isn't too big of a change?

One babystep for 343, one giant leap for Spartankind.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Onslaught and Amplified in H3 tourney REALLY made me want to see a Forge map in the HCS playlist.

Do you guys have a favorite competitive forge map? I would love to host a custom through the browser tonight and play forge maps.

One babystep for 343, one giant leap for Spartankind.

It's crazy to me. Because if you look at any scientific experiment trying to prove a hypothesis, you have a control group and then multiple tests changing one attribute. This way you can prove the affects of that attribute. 343i changes half the mechanics in the game and then wonders why they can't figure out which mechanics are causing the issues or why. If they would have ONLY added sprint, they could have known that was the issue right away. If they would have ONLY added spartan charge, they would be able to tune it so that it plays well in the sandbox. But no, we have to add 6 new abilities that are always in play. 500 new weapons to the sandbox with no idea how to balance them. Change map design philosophy, add radar, pick a 5 year old kid and let him go crazy for 30 mins in forge and you might have enough weapons to call it an HCS map. It just doesn't make sense to me that we change so much game to game. Everytime it's been one step forward, one step back. Just doesn't make sense. This is finally a step in the right direction with the new settings. If they play PEZ settings (just remove the rest of the autos please) the playerbase might actually enjoy themselves again.

Damn, Right on the heels of an awesome EU LAN, we get no EU LAN at all.

Sending top 2 to dreamhack is cool. But basing it all on online play is just silly.

An EU open finals that sent two to dreamhack would have been sick.

• Upvote (+1) 5