CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can Halo win this one too?

66% between the 2 optic players right now.  The juice is real.

Commonly and Ryanoob on the same team would make them that much more a dangerous OBJ team.

Thats a huge loss in slaying power though

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have to think EG is just waiting for one of these teams to implode... probably Crowd Pleasers (it has Spartan :kappa: ). If all the current teams stick, who would they pick up as a fourth? Respectful? Articc? BabyJ? Monster? Nemassist? Randa? :walshy:

EG Respectful
  • Upvote (+1) 8

I may be jumping the gun on this one, but imo if EG keeps Contra they're going to be a lot better with these new settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone want to play some proving grounds before it turns off?

nope.  Honestly not interested until ARs are GONE.  Then i may never leave it though.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone want to play some proving grounds before it turns off?

nope.  Honestly not interested until ARs are GONE.  Then i may never leave it though.

It goes down in an hour right?

I wonder how long "Later this week" will be  :thinking:

It goes down in an hour right?

I wonder how long "Later this week" will be  :thinking:

Hopefully that really means "tonight" and they just want to give themselves some leeway.  Underpromise and overdeliver please!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've almost only played new settings 8s for the last week and a half, but yesterday I hopped into PG again and it truly showed why ARs are bad, and why close range pistol fights are way more fun.

• Upvote (+1) 8

FFA has always been full radar with 8 people.  When there are 8 people all against each other with precision weapons camping in a corner isn't really a viable strategy to win like it is in 4v4.  You might get some cheap kills sure, but at the end of the game you're going to be at the bottom.  In that case, radar is used more aggressively to switch from target to target to target quickly and rack up kills.

ideally FFA setup would be:

NO power weapons

NO power ups

NO AR starts/Automatics of any kind

Magnum only

8 players

default radar

people were complaining about how random and stupidly chaotic default FFA was with 8 people, so they reduced the number to 6 to address this.  The problem is that they changed the wrong thing.  The number of people was never the problem.  FFA is supposed to be chaotic.  Chaotic in a way where precise gunskill and quick target aquisition gives you an advantage more than anything else which requires most battles be fought against the same precision weapons.  In Halo 5 this has never been the case. Its always more of a rock-paper-scissors-lucky spawn situation. SR beats SMG beats AR beats Magnum and camo/os + rockets/shotty/scatter beats EVERYTHING!!!  And whether or not you are able to obtain those items very often comes down to a lucky spawn and has nothing to do with earning them.

I agree with all your points, outside of radar. Just never been a fan of it in any form. So for me, the less radar the better. No Radar>SA>Default

I hope we see setting changes implemented across the board sooner rather than later.

Man, I don't mind playing To4's pro's as long as I have at least a to3 (which I did), but I would LOVE it if they could at least leave their party chat to communicate. It's annoying when you get no communication, and do better than people with communication. Please help out those that solo q.

edit: Team of three

• Upvote (+1) 2

Team Liquid are celebrating their Halo team with the primary account's Twitter Header this month:

Why does Zane have green hair? :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've almost only played new settings 8s for the last week and a half, but yesterday I hopped into PG again and it truly showed why ARs are bad, and why close range pistol fights are way more fun.

Yeah, I had a moment in a game recently where if the guy had an AR, I would've died instantly. Instead I choked a beautiful 5 shot but even having that opportunity and dying along with making the guy one shot is better than not having the opportunity and dying while doing barely any damage.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Where would I go to download the no autos SA radar gametypes and maps? Probably going to host an 8s lobby today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why does Zane have green hair? :wutface:

He's switching his tag from Sub Zero to Reptile.

• Upvote (+1) 6