CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For torque just have every pillar be fixed at half height and then close off top mid more. It's too open right now make it more like ring on Sanctuary.

yeah. Having a pillar at a height so you can get to top mid and the left part of the map without having to go all the way back to your base would be good. Hopefully we see some changes to Torque so we possibly see it in fall pro league. The new settings are good for keeping things fresh, but I'd like to see a new map and from what the pros say, Torque has the most potential

I don't think Torque CTF will work

Just make the elevators half-raised platforms like in bottom mid. We don't need "dynamic" maps in Halo. Every game tried to copy Battlefield with this sort of thing, every game failed to pull it off.

If ESL streams R6 weekly on Twitter than they should do the same for Halo.

What makes you think they won't? ESL has a deal with Twitter, I imagine the duration of the contract is 1 year or so, that means they will stream all the future Halo events they run.

So COD has ground pounds now...

It's called 'shockwave' and yes, it has only been used so far as a utility to drop vertically immediately, but now it has been significantly buffed turning you more into Danny Rand than anything.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

why's do people not like ground pound. I know it's not a classic mechanic but its useful and seeing a ground pound kill is pretty cool especially as a reversal

It's better than spartan charge that's for sure

And I love how everyone is all on Torque now I've been saying for months that it has potential and could be competitive with a few changes.

we don't need more mediocre maps

we need good maps

Remember when the community made their own competitive maps? Onslaught and Amplified remembers. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

why's do people not like ground pound. I know it's not a classic mechanic but its useful and seeing a ground pound kill is pretty cool especially as a reversal

I like it. I love using it for movement more than killing.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GunRanger/video/29413703

Doing things like that ^ is more fun than shooting in this game. Spartan charge can die though

• Upvote (+1) 4

why do people not like ground pound. I know it's not a classic mechanic but its useful and seeing a ground pound kill is pretty cool especially as a reversal

Too forgiving. For a mechanic that's supposed to just be an extension of melee, it does way too much damage outside of the kill zone with its large radius. At least half of your health is gone even if you're full shields, not to mention the stupid knock back.

The hovering feature of GP also contributes to the elongated map design in halo 5 because anybody can access any place on the map with their Spartan abilities. It's a pointless mechanic even if executed well anyway, so what's really the point of keeping it?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Too forgiving. For a mechanic that's supposed to just be an extension of melee, it does way too much damage outside of the kill zone with its large radius. At least half of your health is gone even if you're full shields, not to mention the stupid knock back.

The hovering feature of GP also contributes to the elongated map design in halo 5 because anybody can access any place on the map with their Spartan abilities. It's a pointless mechanic even if executed well anyway, so what's really the point of keeping it?

I agree with the top part. But you're giving 343 too much credit if you think ground pound influenced map design.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

HCS meeting going on right now

Yo I hope they leak who they're speaking to, we should know who these mysterious shadowy figures are.

I agree with the top part. But you're giving 343 too much credit if you think ground pound influenced map design.

Keyword: contributed. Not saying it was the main cause with the likes of sprint and thrust in halo 5, but it certainly didn't help the matter.

Let me show what I mean with GP and map movement.

9YYQC3B.gif

Stumbled across this on a Reddit discussion about Pokemon eyes. I've seen quite a few Halo discussions in random threads over the past few days which is kind of surprising.

IaWkBD9.png

OT and late, but the new Pokémon designs are garbage. Most people attribute that to the fact that there's so many Pokémon and you just run out of ideas after a while, but that's CLEARLY not true considering 4Chan managed to come up with over 200 new Pokémon for their fanmade game, nearly all over which look better than anything TPC has made since Gen 3.

On the topic of Halo's art style, I feel like it suffers from the same exact problem that a lot of games do now: the screen is jam packed with shit ALL OF THE TIME. Grates, wires, papers, pipes, windows, doors, neon signs, etc. To me, it seems as though the extra power of consoles has made art directors think "well, we CAN throw this stuff in there, so we probably should". Halo's not alone in that problem, it's just particularly egregious because part of what made it so fantastic looking in the past was the clean and simple aesthetics (whereas something like CoD was always going for a cluttered aesthetic due to the whole nature of war thing, but wasn't always successful at it due to hardware limitations.) But games these days don't leave much empty space because they quite frankly don't have to. I feel like successful art direction in the past meant pushing the hardware passed its limits, whereas now it's more about reigning it in a bit, and it's not something that many people achieve.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty sure I heard "So we don't have to play Regret tonight, right?" on Ninja's stream. Possible it's getting removed? Or did they just have a rough time on it last night?

Pretty sure I heard "So we don't have to play Regret tonight, right?" on Ninja's stream. Possible it's getting removed? Or did they just have a rough time on it last night?

What ever happened with Mikwens idea to remove all rifles on that map and just have it being a pistol only map (with power ups etc) to fight for?

Actually, CoD had this back in AW, called boost slam. But it was never this deadly.

What happened to boots on the ground?

• Upvote (+1) 2

What ever happened with Mikwens idea to remove all rifles on that map and just have it being a pistol only map (with power ups etc) to fight for?

Pretty sure Mikwen was talking about the rifles on truth.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can we just pull a Halo reach and recreate old halo maps and use them for competitive

• Upvote (+1) 4