CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

thats what happens when you cant stay on the map i guess

Tons of people fell of during LCQ on the rig as well. Seems to be the new trend.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

More people believe in Scientology than in "heavy aim"

I get what you're saying, but people who believe that they've had encounters with aliens tend to have wildly divergent accounts of what they've seen ... religious experience tends to be similarly vague and amorphous (also ecstatic visions vary quite a bit in terms of subject matter).  The descriptions of heavy aim have been consistent and independent.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't want to continue discussing this, but the evidence so far is very flimsy.

I'm sure when you're always playing on a ludicrous ping and the game always feels like absolute garbage, there are probably no "good" games to compare it to. Doesn't change the fact that anyone can go from this game to basically any other (Halo 4 MCC, for example) and the not-H5 aiming system will be significantly and consistently better. We don't have to document the exact mechanics of "heavy aim" to know it exists.

More people believe in Scientology than in "heavy aim"

At first I thought you were being serious. Now I know you're just trolling. If I didn't look at your username I would have thought Reiku made an acc here.

• Upvote (+1) 2

From a viewer's perspective id at least like to see the pros do some testing on different radar settings like smaller diameter sa radar or maybe even no radar with the new settings but I guess there are probably reasons why they aren't

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish people tuned in for our streams and helped grow it too. People take this stuff for granted then it goes away then tweet that stuff.

Props for those who actually did btw, it was fun having weekly tournaments in 2016.

I wish halo and hcs would at least tweet, give some prizes, host the stream, or something to say thanks for the work

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wish halo and hcs would at least tweet, give some prizes, host the stream, or something to say thanks for the work

Yea, Rocket League devs ironically RTed us a few times with no issues - was pretty awesome to see.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yea, Rocket League devs ironically RTed us a few times with no issues - was pretty awesome to see.

Typical 343 I guess  :mj:

Saying you guys deserve an RT may be the single greatest understatement of all time. Beyond is one of the largest reasons comp Halo was able to come back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played a few games of Pez Slayer customs, with very good players.  From the perspective of someone who is terrible at H5 but enjoys playing Arena, it played waaaaay better.  

A few things don't make sense to me though ... (1) pistol needs way more starting ammo, (2) why are SMGs still on these maps, (3) maybe fewer BR / Carbine / DMR pickups?, (4) maybe increase movement speed to 110%, which might encourage more non-sprint flanks.  

The SA-only radar wasn't as bad as I'd thought, it led to way more thinking, way more dependence on callouts; the main thing it reminded me of was the MLG H3 playlist, having to use my brain again.  And the lack of AR crouchers is amazing.

Pro gameplay seems better so far as well ...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Eg needs to hurry and find someone

Played a few games of Pez Slayer customs, with very good players. From the perspective of someone who is terrible at H5 but enjoys playing Arena, it played waaaaay better.

A few things don't make sense to me though ... (1) pistol needs way more starting ammo, (2) why are SMGs still on these maps, (3) maybe fewer BR / Carbine / DMR pickups?, (4) maybe increase movement speed to 110%, which might encourage more non-sprint flanks.

The SA-only radar wasn't as bad as I'd thought, it led to way more thinking, way more dependence on callouts; the main thing it reminded me of was the MLG H3 playlist, having to use my brain again. And the lack of AR crouchers is amazing.

Pro gameplay seems better so far as well ...

There are no smgs on the versions pros play

Does anyone know why this happens? I notice it occasionally where all of a sudden I see a flash of a weapon that is not on the map. I noticed it in the LG vs CP scrim last night on empire. This case was a sword. lCN9Bnc.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know why this happens? I notice it occasionally where all of a sudden I see a flash of a weapon that is not on the map. I noticed it in the LG vs CP scrim last night on empire. This case was a sword. lCN9Bnc.jpg

Just Halo 5 thangs?