CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Right?

I also got Lethul to hold the giant Hecz head on I wanna say Saturday night after the games ended? Maybe it was Sunday. 

snip

That's funny. Lethul is trying to toe the line between stone cold slayer and goofball. 

That's funny. Lethul is trying to toe the line between stone cold slayer and goofball. 

Forum poster first, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's all theoretical m8. Projectiles require you to account for the direction / velocity a person is going while setting up the shot. Of course it is possible to have purely hitscan weapons in a game and still maintain a good skill gap (Counter-Strike), but ideally from an arena shooter perspective you want a variety to test all aspects of aiming; projectile vs hitscan, sustained accuracy vs precision burst accuracy.

OT - CPleasers to come out on top in the new settings.

I've never played Counter Strike. Am I to assume that a lot of it's popularity can be attributed to the fact it's very fair online?

I've never played Counter Strike. Am I to assume that a lot of it's popularity can be attributed to the fact it's very fair online?

It's relatively fair aim wise. It's popular because its fun, can run on practically anything, and has a ton of replay value. Plus skill is very rewarding. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

a lot of the popularity is that it's a cheap game through the all of its incarnations and can run on a potato pc
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It has amazing netcode and hit registration. There are no aiming problems, which should be expected since H5 is the only game I've ever played with aiming problems.

Hasn't been proven yet.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

The game is very straightforward and approachable as a premise, has a really good structure / flow to each game and allows individual skilled players to differentiate and dominate probably better than any other team shooter.

EDIT; Day9 talks through it, decent listen even if you don't play the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

CS:GO has amazing hit registration? The games hit reg was broken for years and still isn't great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It has amazing netcode and hit registration. There are no aiming problems, which should be expected since H5 is the only game I've ever played with aiming problems.

S/O to this kid for re teaching me the ways of CS:GO. 

Heavy aim isn't the only thing that makes H5 aiming shitty

What else ??. People don't even know what heavy aim is and you say there are other issues ??

What else ??. People don't even know what heavy aim is and you say there are other issues ??

Umm the actual aiming system? The dual sensitivities? Aim acceleration? Input delay? Overall slow sensitivities? Just an overall bad feeling aiming system. Go look around in H2A and then go into H5. That's the difference between a great aiming system and trash.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

i think we can all agree that every game has its problems. i think the biggest measuring stick between competitive games is how it reacts to problems, transparency when handling issues, and speed at which major issues are patched. if you want to see the difference in a great game and a poor one is how to dev curates its game and treats its community.

with 343 and halo, i dont really expect perfection; i expect open communication and for them to move with their community in a timely manner. we shouldnt have to ask for the same things for a year before its changed

• Upvote (+1) 2