CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Forget the playlist, where are the skins?

Of all the consistent "glitches" I've come across in games over the years, not one comes close to infuriating me as much as blaining someone, seeing blood spurt from their spartan....... and doing 0 damage.

Snipedown had three with the sniper on narrows vs goofy team where they lost 50-49. It's silly.

And I still don't get how people complained about pre-patch h2 br spread so much, it got changed. Then bungies double downs on a worse spread in h3, and it just stays.

Snipedown had three with the sniper on narrows vs goofy team where they lost 50-49. It's silly.

And I still don't get how people complained about pre-patch h2 br spread so much, it got changed. Then bungies double downs on a worse spread in h3, and it just stays.

As far as I remember, the H2 BR spread wasn't changed because of complaining, it was some off hand change to the pistol that indirectly tightened up the BR spread and they left it. The complaining mostly came from whether or not MLG should use the settings for Orlando 05 AND which setting took more skill.

I imagine that the H3 BR is pretty much Bungie's perfect vision for the weapon. I think it's pretty funny regardless how they went back to such a bad concept.

It's because of bad players complaining that the weapons they can't use well are overpowered.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Bad Dub Any idea when you'll be able to update HDH with the new rosters? CP and LG scrimmed last night. I know some of these teams will probably make changes, so maybe you'll wait until after roster lock? (Would be totally understandable.) Not trying to nag, super appreciate the service you provide, I'm just curious to see the stats playing on the new settings.

Dunno when I will update it. Most of the teams seem pretty set atm. Has roster lock been announced yet?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

snipedown has had on a different str8 rippin shirt the last 3 times i put on his stream  :intel:  :intel:  :intel:

1377795241_H9AMOK6OSNUmYHVKGUf8_BarnStir

I don't want my favorite team to turn into an online team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As far as I remember, the H2 BR spread wasn't changed because of complaining, it was some off hand change to the pistol that indirectly tightened up the BR spread and they left it. The complaining mostly came from whether or not MLG should use the settings for Orlando 05 AND which setting took more skill.

I imagine that the H3 BR is pretty much Bungie's perfect vision for the weapon. I think it's pretty funny regardless how they went back to such a bad concept.

Yeah youre right. Kind of odd how fixing the Magnum makes the be better. Same way they inadvertently made bxr. Only top player I remember advocating for pre patch br though, was vash.

It's so weird their version of a utility weapon doesn't shoot straight.

Okay guys this is a bit OT but ill get help itt faster than the others i think.

My friend sent me a XB1 controller (Mine has a drift and a broke bumper) I got the controller today and i cant get it to turn on at all. Im using it with a USB cord and not batteries if that means anything, I have tried all the sync things i can find.

Does anybody have any idea? The controller does vibrate when i plug it in but it doesnt light up or come on at all :(

I prefer hitscan weapons, 99% of the time I play is online, and projectile base weapons are extremely hard to use. A lot of people play from outside the US with 150+ ms latency.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I prefer hitscan weapons, 99% of the time I play is online, and projectile base weapons are extremely hard to use. A lot of people play from outside the US with 150+ ms latency.

Projectile weapons take more skill.

Hitscan weapons are more fair in an online environment.

It's a tough balance.

• Upvote (+1) 6

While I definitely agree regarding the merits of hit-scan... It is simply not the case that playing on 150ms ping is representative of any kind of normal experience in a game with a healthy population. Designing your game around that particular nonstandard use case doesn't really make sense.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Im from argentina, projectile's kinda ruin my online experience sometimes..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tim Getty's from Kinda Funny Games is predicting H3A this year for whatever that's worth. (Nothing)

I like them. But they don't have any inside knowledge. From an outside viewer perspective, based on how 343 goes, H3A is 100% gonna happen. But we know better.

It's a tough balance.

Any reason why a current gen game couldn't be hit scan only and maintain a decent skill gap? I don't know enough about these things to even know if that's a stupid question.

Phil Spencer denying it x2

Grim denying it x3434543

Frankie denying it x1

:stern:

Yeah I know. I even mentioned that in a tweet to him. Guess my point was it makes sense to more than just halo fans.

Okay guys this is a bit OT but ill get help itt faster than the others i think.

My friend sent me a XB1 controller (Mine has a drift and a broke bumper) I got the controller today and i cant get it to turn on at all. Im using it with a USB cord and not batteries if that means anything, I have tried all the sync things i can find.

Does anybody have any idea? The controller does vibrate when i plug it in but it doesnt light up or come on at all :(

The micro usb connection is probably busted. They are the worst part about the X1 controllers in my books. Try batteries; otherwise it'll probably be useless. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any reason why a current gen game couldn't be hit scan only and maintain a decent skill gap? I don't know enough about these things to even know if that's a stupid question.

It's all theoretical m8. Projectiles require you to account for the direction / velocity a person is going while setting up the shot. Of course it is possible to have purely hitscan weapons in a game and still maintain a good skill gap (Counter-Strike), but ideally from an arena shooter perspective you want a variety to test all aspects of aiming; projectile vs hitscan, sustained accuracy vs precision burst accuracy.

OT - CPleasers to come out on top in the new settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a tough balance.

Which is why it think a proper sandbox has both.  And just because a weapon is projectile, doesn't mean said projectile needs to be random or slow.  I think if the H3 BR didn't have random spread and the projectiles were a little faster, it could have been a great weapon.

The micro usb connection is probably busted. They are the worst part about the X1 controllers in my books. Try batteries; otherwise it'll probably be useless. 

I was thinking that too, but it does vibrate when i connect it.  Maybe im just doing something wrong with syncing it? I was really wanting a good controller for Warlords this weekend :(

I really don't want to spend money on h3a. That shit should be free for MCC owners.

I still think h3 map pack is most likely.

• Upvote (+1) 6