CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sketch on r/Halo

If the majority of the pros agree then to these new settings, possible HCS playlist to separate from Team Arena?

• Upvote (+1) 1

"The data do show that starting around the Diamond level, the effectiveness of the AR does not increase with skill. Correcting for skill shows that top players aren’t any more effective with the AR than a Diamond level player. Another way to say this is that the winner in a gunfight between two ARs above Diamond level is currently more about random luck than it is about skill. I think, for competitive play, we want the player with greater skill to win a given gunfight, without luck being too much of a factor. This is one of the primary data-driven reasons we are concerned about using the AR in competitive play."

Thank goodness for Josh Menke.

Quin: That's not how I PLAY!##@!!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not even close. Reach was pure trash before the NBNS updates. Halo 5 isn't perfect but it isn't terrible either.

I'd still rather play NBNS over H5. At least then I'm playing Halo, even if my screen is just grey.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Menke is definitely Top 3 on the 343 employee Power Rankings

Can only imagine where Quinn's at  :simms:

I'm sure that 10% cooler thing got him top 128 at least. As good as my H3 placings  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting video. Think it belongs here.

OP: I'm trying to put some serious money down on digital paint, where the Str8 REQs?

• Upvote (+1) 7

If the majority of the pros agree then to these new settings, possible HCS playlist to separate from Team Arena?

That's pretty much what he said, yeah.

As many people know, I'd be pretty livid if that happened.

To be fair, he can be hard to avoid. He's an extremely vocal community member who's very persistent about pushing his very casual agenda onto the entirety of Halo, and views any change to help the competitive community as an attack on the casual scene.

I attempted to engage him in relatively cordial discussion this weekend and promptly got a swift block after making some points about how both sides of the community should want what's best for each other and allow for co-existence of differing philosophies.

All of that said, I agree that we've already spent far too much time on him.

I got blocked by him too. I think he's wrong and that the fact that he can't grasp that it's not affecting everyone is funny. But I see little point in bringing him up the many posts I've seen about him. 

Like I get making fun of him initially but it's STILL going on days after. It just feels like people want someone to look down on rather then simply just making of them and moving on.

There must have been a change in leadership recently for 343 to start being this competent 

343 either listens to much or to little. I'm not going to guess to much one way or another but I am curious as to the changes that are being made right now and why and not before.

Either way hopefully this bodes well for the future. I mean, I've always enjoyed Halo 5 more then any Halo since 2 but its flaws are obvious and maybe we can even hope for no sprint Halo 6 (Well, I wouldn't mind it for an option in multiplayer/campaign. Like if you MM you play with no sprint but in custom games you can toggle it on or off. More options are always good and some really fun custom games need sprint)

That being said it's really annoying seeing some people calling everyone at 343...well I'm not sure what words shouldn't be said aloud here but they were pretty nasty and then claiming it was people like them who  got things to change rather then pros and people like us who were generally, if not overly blunt at times (and for good reason because 343 is about as transparent as pea soup), at least not downright offensive about it most of the time.

I got blocked by him too. I think he's wrong and that the fact that he can't grasp that it's not affecting everyone is funny. But I see little point in bringing him up the many posts I've seen about him.

Like I get making fun of him initially but it's STILL going on days after. It just feels like people want someone to look down on rather then simply just making of them and moving on.

Doesn't help that he is an actual adult in his late 30s (38 or 39) who can't take criticism.

Doesn't help that he is an actual adult in his late 30s (38 or 39) who can't take criticism.

Hardly a trait unique to him. Their are some in this community alone who are just as bad, they just happen to have opinions opposite of his and are supported because of it. Point is, ignore him.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Bad Dub Any idea when you'll be able to update HDH with the new rosters? CP and LG scrimmed last night. I know some of these teams will probably make changes, so maybe you'll wait until after roster lock? (Would be totally understandable.) Not trying to nag, super appreciate the service you provide, I'm just curious to see the stats playing on the new settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CS has spread (RNG on every bullet of every gun, including the first shot standing still, to varying degrees) and bloom (i.e. a cooldown after a shot to reduce the spread per bullet). The spray patterns are just guides within which the spread deviates. I wouldn't take the percentages as gospel but this video gives a decent idea about how the weapons function.

If anything CS is an example of how what would be described as theoretically horrible for FPS mechanics can still come together to create a cohesive, fun and ultra competitive game.

Thats deeper than I ever wanted to go haha.  Still, that randomness plays out over long ranges and lives within the spray pattern.   Its not close to the same degree or with the same thoughtlessness as the AR

He means leading shots right?

You can't learn spread...

lol touche.  Its also less of a factor with the MLG settings since you only need to land 11/12 shots for a kill.

I'm so unbelievably excited for the PG update. I can't wait for my dreams to be crushed by a to4 immediately.

do we have a date when the changes will be implemented? or is it still speculation

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm so unbelievably excited for the PG update. I can't wait for my dreams to be crushed by a to4 immediately.

Bet they'll be 3 champs and a bronze too just so you can get silvers on your team.
  • Upvote (+1) 2