CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No it doesn't. CS:GO has a unique spray patter for each weapon, but the spray pattern is predictable and you can learn to compensate. its NOT random.

Bloom is just straight up rando garbage.

Hit registration is still worse, but OG was pretty bad. I tried to play with some TB fam the other day and getting a custom lobby together was PITA. had to quit the game a couple times and once we got it together we didn't dare change party leader or host otherwise it just straight up breaks.

wtf are we arguing about competitive pokemon and starcraft like its directly transferable to a FPS?

I mean for tapping specifically the faster you tap the less accurate it is. This is especially true for pistols.

"The data do show that starting around the Diamond level, the effectiveness of the AR does not increase with skill. Correcting for skill shows that top players aren’t any more effective with the AR than a Diamond level player. Another way to say this is that the winner in a gunfight between two ARs above Diamond level is currently more about random luck than it is about skill. I think, for competitive play, we want the player with greater skill to win a given gunfight, without luck being too much of a factor. This is one of the primary data-driven reasons we are concerned about using the AR in competitive play."

Thank goodness for Josh Menke.

He also mentioned that its NOT op, but i think he was comparing it against other autos in which case he is right.  But thats not the issue.  The 2 weapons you are supposed to spawn with should be balanced against each other first and foremost.  I asked him about that, we'll see if he replies.  He is a great addition to 343 though.  Even when i dont agree with his sentiments, he can back them up with evidence which i respect.

:intensifies: Josh Menke :intensifies:

edit: Halo scientists, How do you keep the AR with similar damage, but make it a more skill based weapon???

1) get rid of headshot multipliers (but keep base damage the same)

2) Make it harder to use (more ways to accomplish this than i want to get into atm.)

3) slow its rate of fire.  each bullet will do the same damage and it will "Feel" roughly the same.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Somebody tell Reiku everything is gonna be all right.

3889c4bef482efea4b06b5c374f45953.png

LOL i would tweet him, but he has me blocked.

No it doesn't.  CS:GO has a unique spray patter for each weapon, but the spray pattern is predictable and you can learn to compensate.  its NOT random.

Bloom is just straight up rando garbage.

CS has spread (RNG on every bullet of every gun, including the first shot standing still, to varying degrees) and bloom (i.e. a cooldown after a shot to reduce the spread per bullet). The spray patterns are just guides within which the spread deviates. I wouldn't take the percentages as gospel but this video gives a decent idea about how the weapons function.

If anything CS is an example of how what would be described as theoretically horrible for FPS mechanics can still come together to create a cohesive, fun and ultra competitive game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

• Increase the rate of bloom so that it's less effective to hold down the trigger outside of very close range
  • Disable headshots past a certain level of bloom (probably after the first 3 bullets in a given "burst")
  • Slight reduction to red reticle range
This means players have to either get closer or burst and aim for headshots to reliably get kills with it at higher levels. At low levels it'll function roughly the same, since the extra few bullets they'll miss by spraying won't change the outcome very often, and headshots with the AR are rare enough at those levels to not be a significant factor.</p>

That second bullet is great.

video

He has a point, you don't need an amount of Data to understand how the game works or how a weapon is unbalanced.

Is this update as important of NBNS Reach or no? I think in some ways it's more so. 

Alternate perspective from MS employee: if you want to convince one of your superiors of your viewpoint, it's best to come to the table with data. Data driven decisions are hard to refute whereas qualitative observations are too easy to dismiss as individual bias.

You're right. You deserve all the upvotes.

I said it before and I will say it again, Josh Menke is the hero Halo needs but not the hero it deserves.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sketch on r/Halo

These initial settings changes are exclusively tied to HCS/competitive community and will roll out only in the Proving Grounds playlist. Whether or not these settings and changes come to Team Arena and/or other playlists later is still TBD. If it makes sense, I reckon they will, if not, then we may instead see two separate playlists with different settings for different audiences.
  • Upvote (+1) 9