CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Other than the BtH squad (which let's face it, was a fluke) I would say that the teams that won were pretty consistent. Sure there wasn't a team that completely dominated like OpTic, but I think that makes it more fun to watch because you don't know which top team is going to win.

One team not dominating is beneficial to viewership for that last reason. One team not dominating also tells me that the highest level of competition is closer and that's a bonus for spectators from what we have now/during h2.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm assuming he means maybe putting the new radar/ no ar and new map settings in the other ranked playlists like FFA and slayer. Or making a new HCS playlist with the changes but keeping team arena the same. 

At least you could counteract it by pacing shots. Not to defend it, because it's still shitty, but it's not like the H3 BR is much better:

https://twitter.com/Vetoed/status/763775656928874497

Stop

The DMR bloom was 1000x worse. The range it could bloom out was so much wider and people would abuse it by just spamming at full ROF.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ignore him, he will argue that anything after halo 2 is less of an accomplishment because it came in a "less skilled game"

The game was a mess and thats why the placings look the way they do. BtH wins the 2009 championship and shows up to the next event with a different roster. Thats random as fuck. I also never said halo 3 took less or more skill.

• Downvote (-1) 6

I really hope they add the settings to the Team Arena playlist at some point because that playlist gets the most traffic. If they are serious about casual players adopting and being familiar with the competitive settings, this needs to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Stop

The DMR bloom was 1000x worse. The range it could bloom out was so much wider and people would abuse it by just spamming at full ROF.

I'm not saying the bloom was better, but it's comparable

I really hope they add the settings to the Team Arena playlist at some point because that playlist gets the most traffic. If they are serious about casual players adopting and being familiar with the competitive settings, this needs to happen.

The only downside to this would be no ranked objective playlist with 'standard' settings. I personally cant wait for a no AR starts playlist but i cant imagine it going down well with 'casual' players that still like ranks

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I don't feel like a precision weapon firing in a tight spread one moment and a wild spread the next adds to the competitive element of the game. If we're both standing still and firing four bursts at each other's head at the exact same time, one of us should not die while the other lives... in my opinion.

Nothing screams competitiveness like RNG right?

• Upvote (+1) 7

It really throws your opinion into question for me when someone claims that the random spread of the BR was a good thing.

H3 was garbage online.  It was still fun to play though, and yes those 2 things can co-exist peacefully.

Ace grinded H3 probably more than anyone.  He was clearly better at it than he is at H5.  This is a player reminiscing that Halo was simply at its best (despite obvious flaws that would get 343 so much shit if they were in H5 right now) when he was at his best.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why?

IMO Pistol only starts make tier 2 storm rifles even more OP. Replacing it with an AR seems like an adequate downgrade.

Because storm rifles are power weapons. Scatter and Shotgun are dumb inconsistent and I don't think Storm rifle is OP if there is one on the map at a time with a ~1 minute timer inbetween. 

Stop

CSGO is the most popular FPS and it has bloom. Checkmate.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here's my list of players that will benefit the most from these new settings. 

1 Ola movement

Ola will also suffer from the removal of Splinters and the presumably changed radar, which will reduce his plasma grenade accuracy.  Putting him at the top of this list is questionable.

2 Frosty movement

If "changed radar = best movement benefits most" in your mind, Shotzzy should be at the top of your list.

3 Royal 2 more pistol duels

4 Snipedown pistol duels

5 Roybox pistol

6 ContrA pistol

7 Bubu dubu movement

8 Ninja pistol and playstyle

9 Stellur pistol and more 1v1 opportunities 

10 Naded nerdiness is even better with new settings

11 Coaches/analysts in general will have bigger more rewarding roles

Likely untrue... I think they're cutting vetoes for this pro league season, but there's no confirmation on that.

12 Eco/Rayne/Snakebite in-game leaders will be even more important 

Shot calling and proper communication doesn't become more or less important.

13 Lethul We're going to see just how good he is even more so

14 Mikwin he's been anti radar since the beginning time to see what he can to do with more options 

I also think a few players will possibly requirement more adjustment:

1 Huke he probably has the best radar 'awareness' his playstyle may change 

His radar awareness was just another example of him being a sponge-learner.  He'll adapt to the adjusted/removed radar faster than anyone else.

2 Cratos is Cratos I still think he will be relevant just shit on far more often 

3 Penguin has one of the strongest ARs in the game 

Penguin's AR is trash, he just used it a ton because hit registration was awful.  His AR is bad.

4 Spartan also relies heavily on autos and a pro radar stance

5 Renegade Interesting to see how he goes 

6 APG he's been sort of pro radar but I think he'll be even better with these settings after adjusting

I hope 343 releases the settings soon and beyond can host a tourney to showcase it. 

Some responses to random points in bold.

I just want to reiterate:

Penguin's AR is trash.  He just used it a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

BR spread in H3 was basically bloom without your reticle blooming.

It was stupid and I hate firing the H3 BR its like shooting nerf guns.

Maybe Ace is right and it "took" skill but it does not change the fact that I still hate it.

And I guess its just confusing to me with all the hate H3 got at release by the comp community why some act like it is perfect now.

• Upvote (+1) 7

That H3 tourny was awesome and a nice breath of fresh air. Glad I didn't have to play H3 online though.  :kappa:

I watched most of the tourney, amazing overall ... still confused by people saying MCC H3 is broken.  The only thing that seemed broken to me was joining parties (at times) and then there were some bloodshots / lag, but I had those in OG H3.  I can't think of any other "broken game" that can host a 14-hour tournament with zero serious issues.  (Though H3 on LAN is obviously way better.)  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nothing screams competitiveness like RNG right?

This is a huge issue with competitive pokemon as well. Game Freak actually reduced critical hit damage because of pros complaining about RNG winning/losing matches for them.