CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343 is so lucky that the teams are so talented and provide great matches. Even though we have a dynasty with OpTic, the games are still nerve-wrecking. The casters are another bright spot. If it wasn't for these two things, I swear the scene would be dead. 

I was about to say the same thing. That's what makes this whole situation so disappointing. The past few months, and even in pro league somewhat, I've seen some of the best halo I've ever watched. I remember watching great series between fb and carbon from h2, and the last year of h3 had so many incredible series as well usually with some combo of fb/instinct/td/Sq/bth and dynasty. 

But right now we are also getting so many exciting matches. I feel like game 5s and game 7s are starting to become the norm for a lot of the hyped series. There are so many fantastic players and teams. For a lot of us, we know how good halo is and how good it can be. We just know when we watch it that this is fucking great. I want to believe there are a lot of people out there who would feel the same way we do if they were following the scene the way we are now. 

I really do believe given the right in-game settings and atmosphere for spectators,among other things, halo could make some real noise again in the eSports scene.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

@@Enemies Aglow Wish i could upvote you more. That was very honest feedback that captured all that mess without actually being negative.

Hope guys at 343 and Esl read that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://youtu.be/1RehuvqV6Wk

This video in combination with the comments under the video have made me want to seek out therapy.

I don't want to sound like a cunt, especially considering I'm not the best at this game, but this guy is actually a Gold 6 in Arena. It's very hard for me to take his opinions on competitive settings seriously. I mean, the guy is running boltshot/AR for half the video.

• Upvote (+1) 5

After playing a few games of Proving Grounds, I like it. But no radar would definitely be a better option in my opinion. 

bump

I was going to reprimand you, "forum god," for failing to "-snip-" the long post, but then I got the bottom and discovered Forum Gods work in mysterious ways, and that I have blasphemed by assuming I knew your will.

Forgive me, lord, for I have sinned; how much +rep do I owe in Indulgence? 

I was going to reprimand you, "forum god," for failing to "-snip-" the long post, but then I got the bottom and discovered Forum Gods work in mysterious ways, and that I have blasphemed by assuming I knew your will.

Forgive me, lord, for I have sinned; how much +rep do I owe in Indulgence?

I demand the name of the mod who edited my glorious post, heads are gonna roll

• Upvote (+1) 5

After playing a few games of Proving Grounds, I like it. But no radar would definitely be a better option in my opinion.

I like it more than no radar. But I'm just a lowly plat4. I want to see pros test both extensively. I'll go with what the community wants.

I demand the name of the mod who edited my glorious post, heads are gonna roll

There's a TB Deity hierarchy...

• Upvote (+1) 1

me too

I've yet to see anyone upset about Frosty bagging.

Teabagging is part of what makes Halo great. I always find myself bagging people in COD or Gears only to realize that the death screen is too short for my opponent to really see.

There's been multiple tweets going around saying that OpTic doesn't deserve the win, Frosty/Lxthul doesn't deserve the win, etc because of the teabagging. Definitely out there lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you only browse this site you're probably not going to see it but there was a shit ton of ppl on twitter and reddit lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://youtu.be/1RehuvqV6Wk

This video in combination with the comments under the video have made me want to seek out therapy.

God damn, everything about that was awful. The comments make me sad for Halo in general. Casual players should celebrate pros of their favorite games. They showcase the game at its highest level and show the true potential of what gameplay should be.

I like it more than no radar. But I'm just a lowly plat4. I want to see pros test both extensively. I'll go with what the community wants.

I'm around the same rank. If they are going to make us use Spartan abilities such as sprint, might as well not even include the radar.