CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

With respect to the small group of folks pushing the 4sk pistol... I cannot stress enough how much I believe the pistol to be completely fine and fun to play with, and probably the last thing we should be focusing on making changes to at the moment.

We're not necessarily pushing for these changes to happen in Halo 5 (because we all know they're not going to) but I think its important to have a proper utility weapon going forward into the next Halo, along with no sprint, Halo 6 is well into development now and I think we should make it clear what we want now instead of waiting around until it's too late.

• Upvote (+1) 7

With respect to the small group of folks pushing the 4sk pistol... I cannot stress enough how much I believe the pistol to be completely fine and fun to play with, and probably the last thing we should be focusing on making changes to at the moment.

So, instead of changing one weapon to counteract the awful weapon balance, team-shot/collapse meta, minimal potential for significant individual outplays, and high escapability, what exactly is a better investment of time? Temporarily removing a handful of bullshit weapons to be reworked and added back later? Buffing the magnum is the simplest possible change and it has more positive impacts than literally anything else being discussed (it would even make removing the AR less meaningful than it already is), especially given that removing movement gimmicks and disabling radar seem to be subjects that have been dropped.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When does the H3 tournament start and where do I watch?

• Upvote (+1) 1

When does the H3 tournament start and where do I watch?

2 EST and people playing will be streaming on twitch

• Upvote (+1) 1

You don't believe the snowballing nature that Quinn was so desperately mentioning (in terms of ARs) isn't worth addressing, in terms of the better precision weapons than the magnum? Why is that?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Who are the players?

every online warrior from h3 as well as snipedown, roy, lbx, elamite, ryanoob, frosty, ace, neighbor, etc

• Upvote (+1) 3

So the real question is now: no radar or PG radar?

No radar. 100000%

• Upvote (+1) 7

every online warrior from h3 as well as snipedown, roy, lbx, elamite, ryanoob, frosty, ace, neighbor, etc

Frosty? This will be interesting, thanks.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

No radar. 100000%

PG radar just highlights the core issues of 343's H5 gimmicks. When your game can't function without some form of radar in fear of unpredictability, you don't have a good foundation for skillful pro matches.

So, instead of changing one weapon to counteract the awful weapon balance, team-shot/collapse meta, minimal potential for significant individual outplays, and high escapability, what exactly is a better investment of time? Temporarily removing a handful of bullshit weapons to be reworked and added back later? Buffing the magnum is the simplest possible change and it has more positive impacts than literally anything else being discussed (it would even make removing the AR less meaningful than it already is), especially given that removing movement gimmicks and disabling radar seem to be subjects that have been dropped.

While i certainly dont disagree with you re: the 4sk pistol, i think it has about the same odds of being implemented as sprint has of being removed from competitive in H5...which is about 0% unfortunately.  At this point i think the more important thing to concentrate on in this game (due to likelyhood of actual implementation) is getting proper weapon timers and placements on all maps in HCS.  I think if all autos on map pickup were put as T2, all rifles had 1 min timers, with no more than 2 total rifle and 1 auto pickups on map, the pistol issue is negligible.  Also i would rather they not try to rebalance the AR or the brute PR, that way the casuals can have what they want, and just never re-introduce them back into competitive at all.  Splinters on the other hand should be re-tuned and brought back in if they end up working.  Also NO RADAR.

So the real question is now: no radar or PG radar?

After playing a decent amount with both, I'd go with PG radar. No radar for me is becomes a problem in CTF (Fine in TS/SH imo). Leads to 4 minute games and it becomes super easy to relay multiple flags before a team can react. Truth is especially bad, but that might change with the sword gone. Obviously, it might change when played at a top level, but my point of view is dfinitely that the PG radar plays better

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only the that doesn't think BG is the "Defining" Halo map? Don't get me wrong, it was great, but I'd say men were made on Prisoner and Wizard. Midship too.

I hate Blood Gulch. I'm assuming a lot of people like it because it has a wide range of vehicles and weapons on it. But I don't think I've ever had fun playing on Blood Gulch or any variation of it.

I think the two most recognizable maps though are Blood Gulch and Battle Creek (or variations of them).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only the that doesn't think BG is the "Defining" Halo map? Don't get me wrong, it was great, but I'd say men were made on Prisoner and Wizard. Midship too.

In terms of big team maps theres no doubt, i dont think any map has been remade so many times (midship comes close). Have to agree about prisoner though, love that map.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think it would make a lot more sense to just make the Magnum a 4sk instead since it would solve more problems at once. Just lower the aim-assist and especially the bullet magnetism (which are already much too high anyway) so people don't get instantly melted all the time. Would make the game significantly better overall.

None of that is likely to happen. 3 more rounds is more realistic

Funny how such a change would literally expose how dull and unoriginal 343's sandbox team is when they can barely distinguish the DMR and magnum. The only difference would be the DMR's superior aim assist/bullet magnetism.

Who are the players?

Roy, Lunchbox, Neighbor, Elamite

Snipedown, RyaNoob, Frosty, NYSea

Ace, Cloud, Turley, Dirtyashi

Evadur's Team

So we know the 'no ARs in competitive' position in this coming settings update, but what form do we think the rest of autos are going to take in the PG playlist? Still Storm Rifles, SMGs on map? Removed, or fewer of them on the map?

We can really only guess at the moment, but 'no ARs' currently doesn't mean 'no autos', unfortunately, which is all they've said so far. What's our best guess--remove most of them or still have the even more OP autos on map?

Also: They really better remove Overgrowth, Tyrant, etc if this is going to be the competitive testing playlist.

If you're gonna bother asking for changes to Halo 5 that have basically no chance of happening, might as well ask for changes that would make the game actually good instead of just slightly a better Halo 5. Also, this:

We're not necessarily pushing for these changes to happen in Halo 5 (because we all know they're not going to) but I think its important to have a proper utility weapon going forward into the next Halo, along with no sprint, Halo 6 is well into development now and I think we should make it clear what we want now instead of waiting around until it's too late.

• Upvote (+1) 3