CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nah, let's change it to have only ONE tournament every year. All the money goes into that one tournament.

There's no qualifiers, everyone comes. Top 64 get paid. The other entrants get a participation trophy and TEN(!!!) Gold REQ packs. All audience members / spectators get FIVE(!!!) Gold REQ packs.

The event will be hosted so far on the west coast...it will ACTUALLY be in Hawaii, and we're gonna rename the event from Halo World Championship to the Halo Pilgrimage -- it will be like Mecca, but for Halo fans.

Imagine the hype level for such an event! What could possibly go wrong?

Tie in a Beam exclusive only stream and we might have planned HWC 2018 :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Tie in a Beam exclusive only stream and we might have planned HWC 2018 :lxthul:

Just in time to unveil the newly buffed ARs so they are balanced for competitive play.

That's why 343 removed ARs, right?  To buff them?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just in time to unveil the newly buffed ARs so they are balanced for competitive play.

That's why 343 removed ARs, right?  To buff them?

analyzed.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should be extended mag pistol starts especially if they aren't buffing the magnum. Everyone is gonna get caught reloading now if they try and make pistol plays.

I don't know about extended mags, but definitely more backup mags. Played customs on Tufoxy's settings yesterday and I ran out of ammo a few times.

Edit: I kept reading and I understand why you want extended when you compared to older halos. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love these forums but jesus fucking christ we just got a competitive update nobody was expecting and we are still finding stuff to bitch about.

Can we please have one page of emma gifs before we get negative again? kthxbai

Yes, because these changes were not only added more than 16 months after release as changes that should've occurred in the first 3 months, but they don't solve the redundancy in the precision weapons themselves or even go about changes in the storm rifle or SMG. We as a community have come up with even better solutions than just a blatant removal of some of these weapons, yet that's the only thing that 343 seems to be good at if they ever have to actually nerf weapons.

Besides, it's not like we should let up in our criticism of the events themselves, as Tibby has mentioned. This isn't an accomplishment at this point of development; it's an expectation.

No number of Emma gifs will make me happy, as pretty as she is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why don't 343 do what we all really want, just an FFA tournament, Torque only, on LAN and winner receives a free copy of Halo Wars 2.

:kappa:

I love these forums but jesus fucking christ we just got a competitive update nobody was expecting and we are still finding stuff to bitch about.

Can we please have one page of emma gifs before we get negative again? kthxbai

Because the game still needs a ton of work and kissing 343's ass after the first even remotely meaningful change to competitive settings in over a year isn't going to make things better? I love how little they have to do to get entirely disproportionate amounts of goodwill from the forum memes and gossip squad.

:lxthul: 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Should have enough for three perfect kills.

H1 - 12 rounds 4 pk

H2 - 36 rounds - 3pk

H3 - same

H2a - same

H4 - same after update

Mangum - 12 rounds - 2 pk

Gives us three more rounds

I think it would make a lot more sense to just make the Magnum a 4sk instead since it would solve more problems at once. Just lower the aim-assist and especially the bullet magnetism (which are already much too high anyway) so people don't get instantly melted all the time. Would make the game significantly better overall.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think it would make a lot more sense to just make the Magnum a 4sk instead since it would solve more problems at once. Just lower the aim-assist and especially the bullet magnetism (which are already much too high anyway) so people don't get instantly melted all the time. Would make the game significantly better overall.

Why not make those same changes to the BR and make that the starting weapon?

i think we can all agree that having one huge tournament a year is stupid and it would be better for everyone to have smaller but more frequent events 

Worlds would be less stupid if it actually felt like worlds, to be fair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone tell me what it was that made Karma the greatest 1v1 player in halo 2? I can't figure it out to this day and I'm a halo historian.

Serious question why is h5 ffa hated so much at the top level? Is it just current settings? H2 and H3 ffa was the way into the 4v4 scene

If you're talking about the FFA playlist, it's just a bad game. Power-ups/Power-weapons + AR starts make a really stupid set of FFA settings.

I believe HCS FFA settings had a sword and camo last time I watched. Not a very good idea either.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Serious question why is h5 ffa hated so much at the top level? Is it just current settings? H2 and H3 ffa was the way into the 4v4 scene

It's cancer to play. Think of everything that makes current 4v4 settings bad but 10x. Everyone crouching with ARs only using to pistol to get cleanup kills. Splinters are get out of jail free cards, impossible to do anything off spawn a lot of times due to pickups on maps just giving people straight advantages. 

I've been playing a lot of pistol only FFA and it is great but the magazine size on the pistol is really going to be a problem. Unless you only get perfect kills you struggle to get two kills without reloading.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope we get more LAN events then just the dreamhack events and daytona 

I think there will be tbh. After the announcement of crowdfunding and no ARs, I see some hope. I think 343 is slowly starting to give a shit.

Why not make those same changes to the BR and make that the starting weapon?

I mean, I suppose you could. It doesn't really make a difference either way (although single shot is preferable to burst fire for consistency and more difficult headshots). The Magnum just happens to already be the starting weapon. We just need a stronger utility with a more meaningful skill requirement. What that weapon looks like is irrelevant.

With respect to the small group of folks pushing the 4sk pistol... I cannot stress enough how much I believe the pistol to be completely fine and fun to play with, and probably the last thing we should be focusing on making changes to at the moment.

I'd say the same thing about the Pistol in CE, which is why I'd like to make the current Magnum a little more like that Pistol to allow for more interesting individual plays as well as naturally counter the rest of the sandbox (which is precisely what a "utility weapon" is supposed to do). The current Magnum is far from being an ideal utility weapon and the gameplay suffers because of it.

• Upvote (+1) 7