CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think removing ARs is gonna help Ninja a ton, I swear he would use AR in the worst situations. Also helps his playstyle in terms of rushing and getting caught by AR close range. I def think this change will shake things up a bit, not gonna turn everything on its head, but may cause teams to completely change their playstyles.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Apparently Penguin is changing his tag to SubZero. Or he could be trolling me not sure with him lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

SPLINTER NADES: OUT

LEAFS: IN

TODAY'S A GOOD DAY BOIZ  :weback:  :weback:  :fire:  :weback:

Was anyone else surprised the actually listened on Splinters? I know pros and most here were pretty adamant that they sucked, but I always figured that'd be one of the last things to fall

• Upvote (+1) 1

this was so funny

maniac, lethul, snakebite (and pamaj, boze, mixwell) 

I was actually laughing out loud. That shit was so good

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think top 16 payout is fine. Just don't give 50% of the prize pool to first place. Make the prize pool more balanced out so teams finishing 4-8th actually come away with some money. First place shouldn't have been 500k imo for Worlds. It shouldve have been 400k or lower and the money should've been spread out for teams outside of the top 2

'

I'm not against people getting money outside of the top 8, but I'm also saying that pros that are on the lower half of the professional scene and placings really aren't making much as is. You guys can bring up orgs and other stuff but in reality they're probably breaking even. At worlds which is BY FAR the biggest tourney of the year Str8 got 4th. 4th at the world championship and they got 12.5k each, and for 4th at st louis 1k each. Unless you're at the very top with how prize money has been, and mainly how it's been distributed you're making chump change. Basically outside of worlds the money isn't sustainable as is for ALL Pros.

Last worlds we won and got 500k, 50% of the pool and since we won I'm loving it. But tbh I just don't know who makes these decisions but it could be done much much better.

Think what you want but top 16 is too far of a spread the money in my opinion, top 12 wouldn't be too bad as long as someone doesn't make it terrible. Money should be sustainable for professionals first, and as of right now it really isn't lol. Teams who are getting 5th-8th and not making pro league finals are making barely anything, only worlds gives them a chance to make anything decent.

Couldn't this be alleviated with more open events with sustainable prize pools. Meaning rather than a gigantic 2.5 million worlds tournament. We drop it to 1.5 million, add 4 LAN regional events with 250k prizepools etc. Give more stability to pros. Or would this just continue in top 4 domination? Maybe 2-3 50k or 100k prize pool events for every team not part of top 8?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So has anyone gotten pro impressions of new settings from what they have played with so far?

I didn't want to bite the skin off of my arms despite losing three straight games on those settings.

I also never consciously thought about settings while playing, which is exactly how the game should be played.

I have to say that if 343 ever "re-balances" AR's and splinters, I'll stop bothering with this game. Can't believe they were brave enough to even mention it. But they constantly surprise me with their audacity to do things you think shouldn't be done.

• Upvote (+1) 8

and this is coming from the guy who makes more than T2 and his pops COMBINED

outside of t4 @ worlds, prize money isn't great

pW0xtBW.png

food for thought, here are pro NA earnings without both worlds, it's pretty feast or famine

not exactly a sustainable lifestyle atm

How is everyone with both worlds included? Also do you have a 2017 spreadsheet.

How is everyone with both worlds included? Also do you have a 2017 spreadsheet.

iQ3klPQ.png

and there's a link in my sig, it's not 100% updated but the NA earnings tab is

• Upvote (+1) 4

and this is coming from the guy who makes more than T2 and his pops COMBINED

outside of t4 @ worlds, prize money isn't great

food for thought, here are pro NA earnings without both worlds, it's pretty feast or famine 

not exactly a sustainable lifestyle atm

Yea that's definitely mostly famine :wutface: . I hope these kids either have part time jobs or are livin' with the parents. 

Couldn't this be alleviated with more open events with sustainable prize pools. Meaning rather than a gigantic 2.5 million worlds tournament. We drop it to 1.5 million, add 4 LAN regional events with 250k prizepools etc. Give more stability to pros. Or would this just continue in top 4 domination? Maybe 2-3 50k or 100k prize pool events for every team not part of top 8?

You would need to factor in the extra costs of running more events which would reduce those prize pools down a heck of a lot.

iQ3klPQ.png

and there's a link in my sig, it's not 100% updated but the NA earnings tab is

players like Ace, Eco and Stellur who have gotten top 8 at every h5 event they've attended have only made around $50k and around $10k without worlds. For there to be this much of a difference where 80% of their tournament winnings come from 2 tournaments shows that there's a problem with the rest of the events and how they're funded. I get that you want to have worlds and have it as a big prize pool, but when the other events don't even come close to the worlds amount combined ... there's a problem
  • Upvote (+1) 1

players like Ace, Eco and Stellur who have gotten top 8 at every h5 event they've attended have only made around $50k and around $10k without worlds. For there to be this much of a difference where 80% of their tournament winnings come from 2 tournaments shows that there's a problem with the rest of the events and how they're funded. I get that you want to have worlds and have it as a big prize pool, but when the other events don't even come close to the worlds amount combined ... there's a problem

There were only 2 HCS open lans last season and they came late in the year. There was no place for the money to come from

If it were up to ESL/343, there would strictly be pro league and worlds qualifiers. Nothing else

• Upvote (+1) 1

-No Sprint

✓?No Radar

✓No AR

-No Storm Rifle

-No SMG

✓No Brute Rifle

-No DMR/BR/Carbine

✓No Splinters

-No Hydra

✓No Sword

-Replace Caster with nerfed Reach Grenade Launcher

Made more progress than I thought we'd have made tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 7