CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm not against people getting money outside of the top 8, but I'm also saying that pros that are on the lower half of the professional scene and placings really aren't making much as is. You guys can bring up orgs and other stuff but in reality they're probably breaking even, even at worlds which is BY FAR the biggest tourney of the year Str8 got 4th. 4th at the world championship and they got 12.5k each, and for 4th at st louis 1k each. Unless you're at the very top with how prize money has been, and mainly how it's been distributed you're making chump change. Basically outside of worlds the money isn't sustainable as is for ALL Pros. 

Last worlds we won and got 500k, 50% of the pool and since we won I'm loving it. But tbh I just don't know who makes these decisions but it could be done much much better.

Think what you want but top 16 is too far of a spread the money in my opinion, top 12 wouldn't be too bad as long as someone doesn't make it terrible. Money should be sustainable for professionals first, and as of right now it really isn't lol. Teams who are getting 5th-8th and not making pro league finals are making barely anything, only worlds gives them a chance to make anything decent. 

I would keep in mind the fact that tournament winnings for the most part aren't meant to be a living, organizations have helped in this regard recently, but we can't expect tournament winnings at 3-8th as something that can be used to live on. I wish it was different, and we seem to be getting there, but not yet.

Team Orgs should be covering travel, team pass and basic needs. They should also be providing salary. Whatever their take of the winnings, more pros are making more money now than they ever were. 

I'm not against people getting money outside of the top 8, but I'm also saying that pros that are on the lower half of the professional scene and placings really aren't making much as is. You guys can bring up orgs and other stuff but in reality they're probably breaking even. At worlds which is BY FAR the biggest tourney of the year Str8 got 4th. 4th at the world championship and they got 12.5k each, and for 4th at st louis 1k each. Unless you're at the very top with how prize money has been, and mainly how it's been distributed you're making chump change. Basically outside of worlds the money isn't sustainable as is for ALL Pros.

Last worlds we won and got 500k, 50% of the pool and since we won I'm loving it. But tbh I just don't know who makes these decisions but it could be done much much better.

Think what you want but top 16 is too far of a spread the money in my opinion, top 12 wouldn't be too bad as long as someone doesn't make it terrible. Money should be sustainable for professionals first, and as of right now it really isn't lol. Teams who are getting 5th-8th and not making pro league finals are making barely anything, only worlds gives them a chance to make anything decent.

Thoughts? Mind you, 7/8 at Vegas only walked away with 500 each

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/15260-hcs-pro-league-summer-2017-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/page-184?do=findComment&comment=934841

Looking at recorded accuracy does not tell you how accurate a player is, or how good their pistol is.

Recorded accuracy disregards prefiring and also cannot reflect the time to kill for a person. Snipedown notably paces his shots compared to other players -- it can cost him kills but means he'll hit when he does fire. He doesn't "waste" shots or panic when firing. Ninja, by comparison, will fire at max rate of fire and continue firing if someone ducks into cover, often expecting them to jump back out and challenge the 1v1.

(This post is not an endorsement for either course of action, merely an observation that Accuracy can't determine which method is objectively better.)

So you completely ignored that I said it was anecdotal? I just figured I'd throw out the only info we really have to compare. You really took it to heart, huh?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not against people getting money outside of the top 8, but I'm also saying that pros that are on the lower half of the professional scene and placings really aren't making much as is. You guys can bring up orgs and other stuff but in reality they're probably breaking even. At worlds which is BY FAR the biggest tourney of the year Str8 got 4th. 4th at the world championship and they got 12.5k each, and for 4th at st louis 1k each. Unless you're at the very top with how prize money has been, and mainly how it's been distributed you're making chump change. Basically outside of worlds the money isn't sustainable as is for ALL Pros. 

UGC was a 25k prize pool........... you're quoting stats for 50k less than the next event we are talking about, sorry about you're wrong bro

Edit: more open events with INCENTIVES for non "pro teams" = more team pass purchases = more money for future, if you guys dont get that then oh well im done

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So you completely ignored that I said it was anecdotal? I just figured I'd throw out the only info we really have to compare. You really took it to heart, huh?

You seem a bit defensive rather than opposed to my statements. Were you just disagreeing with him for the sake of disagreeing, or do you have another reason to suggest Snipedown's pistol is better?

I think Snipedown's pistol is more consistent over a large sample size because of the fact that he paces, but if the metric someone was using for "better pistol" for was max RoF perfect kills, Ninja would probably have more of them, despite a lower accuracy stat.

The accuracy stat isn't the only info we have to go by, it's just the only pretty statistic we get in a nice pretty package with a bow on it. That's all I was saying.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Anyone with eyes can see snipedown has a better pistol. He has a top5 shot in the game

Also radar should be 18m for sure instead of 25m

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I can't imagine anyone that wasn't already going out to the event getting involved to get a $100 payout after taxes....

Me and about 10+ people i know who are excited about daytona just for the fact of "getting in the money" for sheer pride and accomplishment, all you see is dollar signs $$$$$$$, and thats not what its about, sad when the passion is gone. If you cant open your mind then sucks to be you bro, sorry you got no passion

Edit: or competitive fire 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Me and about 10+ people i know who are excited about daytona just for the fact of "getting in the money" for sheer pride and accomplishment, all you see is dollar signs $$$$$$$, and thats not what its about, sad when the passion is gone. If you cant open your mind then sucks to be you bro, sorry you got no passion

Edit: or competitive fire

Getting top 16 should be an accomplishment you seek out. Not getting lunch money for a week.

Getting top 16 should be an accomplishment you seek out. Not getting lunch money for a week.

Top 16 means nothing and has meaned nothing the past X amount of halo 5 events, getting money for t16 gives a meaning....AGAIN, you didnt read my post and all you see is $$$$$$$

Pros have a catered lounge. Ams need their lunch money :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Honestly man at this point I think I have stolen so many of your gifs for tweets you should just come aboard as official meme gif maker. 

(double post)

you'd have to pay me in balloons

balloons.PNG

completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theory: 343 saw the entire world laughing at halo esports after worlds and made these changes to appease the rabidly pissed competitive community (aka these changes wouldn't have happened if balloongate didn't) 

hence why quinn tweeted what he did on march 10 and a month later we have the settings going the exact opposite direction 

This might be a stretch but I think MS/Xbox saw worlds and the rest of the esports community laughing at it that they decided to step in a bit. We saw no twitter involvement from Xbox for a $1 million tournament until the week of the event but have already had a tweet for a $75k event more than a month out. Plus including Quinns tweets and the turn around from what he said within a month might suggest that higher ups (possibly from Xbox) are saying to make changes to make the game better since the competitive halo community was complaining for 1.5 years.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You seem a bit defensive rather than opposed to my statements. Were you just disagreeing with him for the sake of disagreeing, or do you have another reason to suggest Snipedown's pistol is better?

I think Snipedown's pistol is more consistent over a large sample size because of the fact that he paces, but if the metric someone was using for "better pistol" for was max RoF perfect kills, Ninja would probably have more of them, despite a lower accuracy stat.

The accuracy stat isn't the only info we have to go by, it's just the only pretty statistic we get in a nice pretty package with a bow on it. That's all I was saying.

I'm not being defensive, lol. He said he thinks Ninja's pistol is better.... I said I think Snipedown's pistol is better. I then said "this is based on anecdote" and put two stats up. I think you're looking a little too deeply into what was effectively a passing comment.

I'll take notes though. Next time I'll remind myself that if you quote me in a post and I respond, I'm being defensive.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Top 16 means nothing and has meaned nothing the past X amount of halo 5 events, getting money for t16 gives a meaning....AGAIN, you didnt read my post and all you see is $$$$$$$

okay, so they can give out badges instead of spreading the prizepool thin.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Greed

Edit: After reading i feel some people are out of touch saying how 200 dollars or w/e amount isnt anything or barely covers any costs or how t16 payout is dumb, try to think back when you were 13-18, in school. Imagine feeling the accomplishment of getting into the money for a halo tournament. Right now there is ZERO feeling of accomplishment for AMs, none. I much rather see some AMs get something then extra money to players who have trips paid for and are backed by orgs. 75k is the highest open event we have had in forever and WE DIDNT EVEN EXPECT TO HAVE THIS EVENT, the complaining and arguments have dumbfounded me tbh

Placing there is the accomplishment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

okay, so they can give out badges instead of spreading the prizepool thin.

Idc what they do, but there needs to be something and badges are probably too much work for 343, lets be honest.. #str8skin

@@LethuL how much do you think top 8 level pros should be making?

I don't think anyone outside the top 4 should expect to "make a living" through comp Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1