CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can see the argument from the past, but prize pools have been consistently larger in H5, and if that keeps up, then a 9-16 small payout is worth the loyalty, respect, competitiveness that will be brought to the competitors and spectators. 

Think of it from the perspective of those who aren't used to placing in the money, who compete for fun or semi-pro status, sitting on the fringes of 13-16, they're matches become so much more important for them, as it's basically a 200-500 dollar money match. If you think for those guys sitting there it means nothing and won't drive the competitiveness at those ranks then you're too spoiled I'm afraid. 

It also looks good from outside the fishbowl, if fans of other eSports see that we are doing the RIGHT thing for fans and competitors. 

Not trying to have a go at the pros, but this is a good thing, and it kinda looks bad that we have any pushback on something that is rewarding for the scene as a whole as well as the backbone of the community.

• Upvote (+1) 8

how are y'all gonna include a bunch of old pros in your lists though LOL

:lxthul:

I dont know if ur serious or not but i think they mean that removing ARs will benefit the pros who have the best shots no matter if they are 15 years old or 26 and it wont specifically benefit the older pros above everyone else.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let's add on potential orgs getting a piece of a players post tax winnings.

And what does the org give to players?? Come on man you're smarter than this

Rig in general needs to change. Increase time spawn for scattershot, and reduce ammo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can see the argument from the past, but prize pools have been consistently larger in H5, and if that keeps up, then a 9-16 small payout is worth the loyalty, respect, competitiveness that will be brought to the competitors and spectators. 

Think of it from the perspective of those who aren't used to placing in the money, who compete for fun or semi-pro status, sitting on the fringes of 13-16, they're matches become so much more important for them, as it's basically a 200-500 dollar money match. If you think for those guys sitting there it means nothing and won't drive the competitiveness at those ranks then you're too spoiled I'm afraid. 

It also looks good from outside the fishbowl, if fans of other eSports see that we are doing the RIGHT thing for fans and competitors. 

Not trying to have a go at the pros, but this is a good thing, and it kinda looks bad that we have any pushback on something that is rewarding for the scene as a whole as well as the backbone of the community.

I agree, so many comments against the lower placements getting prize money.. it's a small amount and I see nothing but positives for it

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dont know if ur serious or not but i think they mean that removing ARs will benefit the pros who have the best shots no matter if they are 15 years old or 26 and it wont specifically benefit the older pros above everyone else.

well yeah, that should really go without saying, but he said

Ive seen some people saying that no ARs will benefit some of the older pros.

After watching some of the games i think this claim is stupid

and then listed a mixed group of new and old pros

imo it's foolish to suggest that older pros aren't going to benefit from ARs being removed, even if marginally

well yeah, that should really go without saying, but he said

and then listed a mixed group of new and old pros

imo it's foolish to suggest that older pros aren't going to benefit from ARs being removed, even if marginally

Haha true!

Mostly im just saying EG and 2gre are not magically going ti vecome no.1

• Upvote (+1) 1

My apologies for the Accidental red downward arrow

how are y'all gonna include a bunch of old pros in your lists though LOL

:lxthul:

Question: Are Reach Kids olds pros? 

Haha true!

Mostly im just saying EG and 2gre are not magically going ti vecome no.1

agreed 100%

Question: Are Reach Kids olds pros? 

at this point i'd say yes

feel old now?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja's magnum is better than Snipedown's tbh.

Ninja is a great player but I'd strongly disagree.

My disagreement is based 100% on anecdote, but I do disagree.

Well, not entirely anecdote. Halo Data Hive (thank you Lord @Bad Dub) has Snipedown shooting at around 57%-58% and Ninja around 51%-52%. 

Ninja's accuracy is based on 2559 kills

Snipedown's is based on 3253 kills

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hopefully teams start scrimming with these settings soon, would like to see how teams adapt

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching shotzzy destroy in these customs is amazing. Haven't seen someone move so fast with so much control before

• Upvote (+1) 3

Paying 9 - 16 place is good, as long as its executed well.

9-12 should get 1k so thats really only -4k from the top 8 pool.

13-16 don't even need a lot of money. Its not about the money for them, its about being able to go home and have tangible evidence that they did well and it was worth it.  Something that is a reminder of the accomplishment and makes the story they tell to friends have a little cherry on top. If thats a little bit of money, team pass refund, Astro backpack, etc etc etc it doesn't matter.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ninja is a great player but I'd strongly disagree.

My disagreement is based 100% on anecdote, but I do disagree.

Well, not entirely anecdote. Halo Data Hive (thank you Lord @Bad Dub) has Snipedown shooting at around 57%-58% and Ninja around 51%-52%. 

Ninja's accuracy is based on 2559 kills

Snipedown's is based on 3253 kills

Oo04a.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

God, competitive Halo would be so much better with no sprint, and increased movespeed.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On the topic of Roybox, I can't see the settings helping them out too much. Clearly both of them have the chops to continue competing, but they're just not head and shoulders above the rest enough to keep on playing with the mentality that they've had. Seems fairly obvious that they've been "the problem" with EG for a while now (with the exception of some GOAT problems) . I'm hoping that them being excluded from worlds is the wake up call they need for an attitude readjustment. I'd love to see them as a top 4 contender again, if only because they and Towey are great personalities for the scene

I think this decision will be better for the growth of the AM scene and Halo's growth overall. A stipend would be great, possibly ideal, but for now this is fine. Even 200 dollars helps AM players travel. For the last open tournament, Musa needed 200 dollars to attend (which Lethul generously offered to help). The fact that players who typically make absolutely nothing have a chance to pay for half a flight or a night at a hotel is huge IMO. 

I also agree on your last point. Lethul said last time OG placed fourth and made $550. But that doesn't seem to be the case for this tournament so I find that somewhat irrelevant.

When Ryanoob posted more teams should make money, everyone agreed. I think this is a step in the right direction. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Didn't MLG have money to top16. Hell I remember people used to call pros top16 players

Top 16 was pro and each person got a $400 stipend in the top 16.

• Upvote (+1) 4

On the topic of Roybox, I can't see the settings helping them out too much. Clearly both of them have the chops to continue competing, but they're just not head and shoulders above the rest enough to keep on playing with the mentality that they've had. Seems fairly obvious that they've been "the problem" with EG for a while now (with the exception of some GOAT problems) . I'm hoping that them being excluded from worlds is the wake up call they need for an attitude readjustment. I'd love to see them as a top 4 contender again, if only because they and Towey are great personalities for the scene

Roy was always reluctant to use his ar up close. It will help.

I just wish they've been playing. I know they're playing in the h3 tourney, but they should be in these customs too. When contra doesn't even know what's up, that's not a good sign