CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I know this hasn't been done before in previous Halo's, but would it break the game in any way to have infinite ammo pistols? Not bottomless clips: you'll still have a clip that needs to be reloaded. But you would never run out of ammo. If a player wishes to only use a pistol, I'm not sure they should be punished if they go on an extended spree and aren't able to pick up more ammo. I guess the argument against this is that maybe picking up ammo from bodies is a necessary gameplay requirement to... force people to leave a superior position? Idk lol just spit balling ideas, and hate when I've gone on a frenzy and next thing I know I don't have any pistol ammo. 

Keep in mind that every player has a pistol. If someone goes on a spree with their pistol I think it's safe to assume that they will also be picking up ammo from most of their kills just by walking over enemy pistols. They won't necessarily have to go out of their way to get ammo.

Keep in mind that every player has a pistol. If someone goes on a spree with their pistol I think it's safe to assume that they will also be picking up ammo from most of their kills just by walking over enemy pistols. They won't necessarily have to go out of their way to get ammo.

This. You def need more than 2 spare mags if you just have a pistol. I think the pros are doing 3 spares maybe? But it's not a big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ive seen some people saying that no ARs will benefit some of the older pros.

After watching some of the games i think this claim is stupid..

The guys who have grinded and are already good at this game will just get better.

Shottzy with a pistol is a god. He has been getting 70+ accuracy consistently.

All the dudes with a good shot will just have an even better shot now.

Frosty stellur shottzy royal 2 eco penguin snipedown huke snakebite lethul maybe roy contra

These guys all have ridiculous shots.

• Upvote (+1) 5

$250 bucks taxed. That is really nothing tbh in the grand scheme of things.

If it's nothing, then why are we complaining that it might go to AMs instead of Pros? More importantly why are Pros complaining about it?

• Upvote (+1) 4

If it's nothing, then why are we complaining that it might go to AMs instead of Pros? More importantly why are Pros complaining about it?

Because the last time it happened 3rd place (and on) got an awful amount, granted we don't know what the new breakdowns are they probably fear that happening again.

Halo 5 has changed some of these pro's man. I thought it wasn't about the money.  :kappa:

The guys who have grinded and are already good at this game will just get better.

Frosty stellur shottzy royal 2 eco penguin snipedown huke snakebite lethul maybe roy contra

These guys all have ridiculous shots

Add Mikwen, Pistola, Ninja, Danoxide, & Renegod to the list.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Greed

Edit: After reading i feel some people are out of touch saying how 200 dollars or w/e amount isnt anything or barely covers any costs or how t16 payout is dumb, try to think back when you were 13-18, in school. Imagine feeling the accomplishment of getting into the money for a halo tournament. Right now there is ZERO feeling of accomplishment for AMs, none. I much rather see some AMs get something then extra money to players who have trips paid for and are backed by orgs. 75k is the highest open event we have had in forever and WE DIDNT EVEN EXPECT TO HAVE THIS EVENT, the complaining and arguments have dumbfounded me tbh

Maybe I'm in the minority, but when I competed I never thought about making money - my goal was Top 64/32. Granted I wasn't a good player and just enjoyed playing and lanning as a hobby in high school and college. The skill pool is a lot smaller today compared to the heyday of Halo 2-3 too.

I just don't know why the sudden urge to get Top 16 prizing when we are getting 50-60 teams at events now, basically we are paying out the top 25% now which is pretty insane in my eyes. I could easily see Top 10/12 since there is skill bleed-over outside the "elite 8", but as a pretty hardcore follower I couldn't name a single team in the 12ish-16 range. Maybe it's just me being ignorant but I rather have insentive for these top guys to keep playing than everyone getting a participation prize for getting to round 4.

Maybe someday we will get to 100-200 teams again and top 16 is worth it, not where Halo 5 and the HCS is at now though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't think paying something out to 9-16 is a bad idea however if we're going to do something I'd rather 343 just directly support them. Hit the top 16 with a stipend to make it out to every event and a free team pass. Actually do something for them that will really help.

I could get behind that - help where it really matters.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Because the last time it happened 3rd place (and on) got an awful amount, granted we don't know what the new breakdowns are they probably fear that happening again.

Using my breakdown, everyone is making more money than they did before

13-16: 400 + HCS swag bag

9-12: 1k

7/8: 4k

5/6: 6k

4: 8k

3: 10

2: 12k

1: 20k

I know I'm 600 dollars over, but tashi could add that in later

Maybe I'm in the minority, but when I competed I never thought about making money - my goal was Top 64/32. Granted I wasn't a good player and just enjoyed playing and lanning as a hobby in high school and college. The skill pool is a lot smaller today compared to the heyday of Halo 2-3 too.

I just don't know why the sudden urge to get Top 16 prizing when we are getting 50-60 teams at events now, basically we are paying out the top 25% now which is pretty insane in my eyes. I could easily see Top 10/12 since there is skill bleed-over outside the "elite 8", but as a pretty hardcore follower I couldn't name a single team in the 12ish-16 range. Maybe it's just me being ignorant but I rather have insentive for these top guys to keep playing than everyone getting a participation prize for getting to round 4.

Top 32 had meaning back then, what has meaning equivalent to that now is my argument. Why do the top guys need anymore incentive, back to the old days, nobody had orgs or people paying for all their trips etc? I understand your point of view but gaming/esports is in a different age now. Literally top 8 is going to be all the pro league teams, we already know this, give some of the lower class halo players some love

I don't think paying something out to 9-16 is a bad idea however if we're going to do something I'd rather 343 just directly support them. Hit the top 16 with a stipend to make it out to every event and a free team pass. Actually do something for them that will really help.

This would be much better, imo.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I agree

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah 100%. There are others as well.

I think my point is that the ar only evens the field. Those that are already good will be even better now.

EGs are.old pros and have amazing shots. Shooting isnt there problem

• Upvote (+1) 3

alright so now that settings changes are done let's talk about the proving grounds map rotation

imo mercy and torque just do not work in this game competitively. I thought weapons changes and whatnot would help but they still just don't play well at all. 

everything else seems solid thus far. overgrowth SH is pretty decent too. 

also unrelated, quitting the build is so hard now what the fu

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Really great idea. Honestly it could even go from one open to the next. So after Daytona, whoever got T16 gets funded to attend Dreamhack- if they get out-placed and shifted out of T16 at Dreamhack, they have to pay their way to the next one.

I like that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When that happened, the prize pools were like 20k. We're at 7k. Even if 343 doesnt do the painfully obvious here, The chances of top 1-8 seeing less then they got in STL or Vegas 2017 is slim to none.

These guys all have ridiculous shots.

how are y'all gonna include a bunch of old pros in your lists though LOL

:lxthul:

Greed

Edit: After reading i feel some people are out of touch saying how 200 dollars or w/e amount isnt anything or barely covers any costs or how t16 payout is dumb, try to think back when you were 13-18, in school. Imagine feeling the accomplishment of getting into the money for a halo tournament. Right now there is ZERO feeling of accomplishment for AMs, none. I much rather see some AMs get something then extra money to players who have trips paid for and are backed by orgs. 75k is the highest open event we have had in forever and WE DIDNT EVEN EXPECT TO HAVE THIS EVENT, the complaining and arguments have dumbfounded me tbh

Let's add on potential orgs getting a piece of a players post tax winnings.

Id like to see points and pools. Make it into pool play and you get a stipend. Then we wouldnt need top 16 payouts.

That said, the money for the stipends would probably otherwise go to pools, so its just shifting when the payout occurs. Still it would be better for AMs to get it on the front end instead if the backend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theory: 343 saw the entire world laughing at halo esports after worlds and made these changes to appease the rabidly pissed competitive community (aka these changes wouldn't have happened if balloongate didn't)

hence why quinn tweeted what he did on march 10 and a month later we have the settings going the exact opposite direction

Conversion, software version 7.0...

• Upvote (+1) 2