CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why are you guys thinking they would share REQ sales like this...

And ofc the bigger boost will be used for the Proleague finals..

Sometimes you guys make me scratch my head 2 typically logical things, ask yourself how the fuck they gonna do the qualifier for the last proleague spot now, that is more important.

Still can't believe Splyce doesn't have one as qualified Worlds Team but EG for example has their spot safe

because worlds season and pro league season are/were supposed to be two different things.

And that seed stuff for the qualifiers were haphazardly done.

Aiming is still inconsistent and annoying to play with. If that doesn't get fixed I don't see myself coming back.

Yeah, the servers feel better for me but they're still shitty

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I think that might be because it's blast radius is equivalent to that of a nuke.

Not just that but it completely kills the caves as places to go. (Because you can bounce it)

Makes going in the maze part pointless to hide as well in addition to just normal blast radius.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's right in that the magnum is inferior. But improving the magnum's standing in the sandbox is the solution- not starting people with an OP automatic.

He's using the poorly balanced sandbox as an excuse for having a poorly balanced sandbox.

I'd rather them fix the sandbox (even if that meant a different set of req weapons specifically tuned for competitive viability), than cut out all the variety. But cutting weapons is immediately going to make for a more interesting season (and a more fun playlist) than we'd get keeping them in.

Probably should've clarified that his excuse of snowballing is ridiculous when he refuses to address the precision weapons and the better autos in this game. I also know that a 4-shot magnum is much better overall than giving a weak pistol with a much better AR as starting weapons. But I agree.

Why are you guys thinking they would share REQ sales like this...

And ofc the bigger boost will be used for the Proleague finals..

Sometimes you guys make me scratch my head 2 typically logical things, ask yourself how the fuck they gonna do the qualifier for the last proleague spot now, that is more important.

Still can't believe Splyce doesn't have one as qualified Worlds Team but EG for example has their spot safe

Really? any other example of crowdfunding I've ever known of has informed the "crowd" on the progress of the "funding". It's kinda the point of it all.

"Buy this thing and we'll give some unknown portion of it to what you are interested in" is a terrible MO if your goal is to motivate people.

• Upvote (+1) 3

so how many hcs balloon skins do i gotta buy to get this prize pool up to 100k

WCoaqcc.jpg

I wish they had the stones to release a balloon skin pack.

"All proceeds go to keeping HCS out of jiffy lube, and sending everyone who was stuck in the tent to Dreamhack."

• Upvote (+1) 5

Given that when you shoot you show up on radar, I think the size of the dot should correspond to the weapon your using.

Pistol/boltshot/plasma pistol - small

Autos - larger

Power weapon - large/normal size

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm really surprised Quinn, being the Multiplayer designer for Halo 5 hasn't even tweeted or even retweeted about the changes to proving grounds/HCS.

Maybe because he made it clear his opinion on AR just last month?

https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/840240793361162240

https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/840243171825078274

https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/840248272669163520

Now that I think about it further, this all goes back the ridiculous hierarchy at 343.

His comments suggest that he actually does understand that the magnum is underpowered in relation to the rest of the sandbox and the AR is overpowered in relation to Magnum.

But he's actually powerless to do anything about the balancing. All he can move shit around the map, tweak ammo, cut weapons, and "converse" with the sandbox team... the same team that made the plasma caster and hydra WORSE additions to the sandbox and took 1.5 yrs to even try to fix the sniper rifle.

So really, Quinn's task is use the bullshit weapons the sandbox team made, and try to appeal to casuals-core players and competitive players at once, because there's only one objective playlist (universal settings)

I don't think he's doing a great job... but he was setup for failure from the outset.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Sucks to say, but he isn't completely wrong on this. Off spawn, how are you supposed to counter better precision weapons, SMGs and storm rifles in CQC? Back then, you had an AR to at least alleviate the possibility of snowballing when in close range, due to this tiered upgrade mentality that 343 thought was a good idea in H5.

The issue with this removal is that it's nothing but a short cut. They may have removed 1 weapon from the competitive settings (which I honestly thought wouldn't occur), but they didn't bother addressing the other autos which were even worse than the AR. No one cried for storm rifle or SMG changes because people were either short sighted, or they didn't have high expectations of 343 actually putting in the effort to balance their game. Who knows, maybe the pro players won't pick up the other autos besides the silenced AR (if that wasn't removed).

Well the storm Rifle is t2 power weapon like a shotgun and will probably have its respawn timer increased. Brute got taken out and SMG's are pretty scarce only being on eden, and coliseum, plaza. And Rig? And might be replaced

Question: Why do people prefer the idea of increasing the Magnum's damage over increasing its RoF?

The latter helps it more in the case of longer range battles as you are more easily able to keep the heavier aim assist weapon out of scope, thereby mitigating their range advantage.

It also maintains the Magnum's 3 shot beat down vs Rifles 2 shot beatdown, but makes the Magnum more equipped to react vs autos in close quarters.

I'm a big advocate of RoF increase instead of damage increase.

Just make it so that the 5th shot comes out before the BR guy could fire his 4th.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Question: Why do people prefer the idea of increasing the Magnum's damage over increasing its RoF?

The latter helps it more in the case of longer range battles as you are more easily able to keep the heavier aim assist weapon out of scope, thereby mitigating their range advantage.

It also maintains the Magnum's 3 shot beat down vs Rifles 2 shot beatdown, but makes the Magnum more equipped to react vs autos in close quarters.

I think most people would go either way. Just that one of the options is a bit more feasible than the other in Halo 5.

Given that when you shoot you show up on radar, I think the size of the dot should correspond to the weapon your using.

Pistol/boltshot/plasma pistol - small

Autos - larger

Power weapon - large

no.

• Upvote (+1) 6

We still want to promote good accuracy with the magnum. Increasing its rate of fire just makes its usage more sloppy and forgiving because you can pump more rounds, similar to the carbine. Essentially, gunfights will be based more on the amount of shots you can fire than if your shots are more accurate.

If you've actually seen the Evolved settings, the magnum is extremely capable to kill in close range with a 4sk magnum.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We still want to promote good accuracy with the magnum. Increasing its rate of fire just makes its usage more sloppy and forgiving because you can pump more rounds, similar to the carbine. Essentially, gunfights will be based more on the amount of shots you can fire than if your shots are more accurate.

If you've actually seen the Evolved settings, the magnum is extremely capable to kill in close range with a 4sk magnum.

I don't think this would be an issue if they reduced the magnetism and assists along with the ROF increase.

I like the changes. Are they only in proving grounds or will it go to arena as well? Hopefully they fix the aiming though.

I like the changes. Are they only in proving grounds or will it go to arena as well? Hopefully they fix the aiming though.

First Proving grounds, later Arena with some tweaks I guess.

Why not? It's better than what it is now

people don't like radar because it gives away info for free

that's why people won't like "weapon class" radar

• Upvote (+1) 4

people don't like radar because it gives away info for free

that's why people won't like "weapon class" radar

I like the idea by virtue that there are a small, but existing, number of deaf gamers out there who can't play off audio cues like hearing rockets fire nearby.

Those players got fucked in BTB by the H3 Missile Pod which would only identify a lock on with beeping. Giving visual cues in addition to the already existing audio cues helps those players out.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1