CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not unless they nerf the DMR to be like the Halo reach DMR (basically the same as the H5 pistol). So at that point it's just a model change because rifles look cooler than pistols. So it doesn't really matter.

I rather have the pistol than the DMR, all of the rifles block too much screen space.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Wanting financial transparency as a forum dweller/fan is probably not a good goal to set. Business barely let employees know what is going on in that department. Be glad you got what little info this is and move on to a topic you can influence, like settings, if you want to keep improving H5.

It's crowd-funding though... the whole point is to get the community involved in the process.

When people know exactly how much of their contribution is going to the cause, they are more willing to contribute. And seeing progress as it nears it goal often encourages people to contribute further.

I have no need for gold packs, because I don't really play Warzone. And when I do, I just use a BR the whole time. But if I new that from now till Daytona, 50% of my purchase was going to the pool, I'd buy some.

• Upvote (+1) 2

13-16: 400 + HCS swag bag

9-12: 1k

7/8: 4k

5/6: 6k

4: 8k

3: 10

2: 12k

1: 20k

I know I'm 600 dollars over, but tashi could add that in later

I don't think anyone could have an issue with that ^

And I really want mercy slayer to work. The map plays really well for it. Just remove the saw. I think a grenade launcher would work there

Is this some sorta meta meme where you are calling @@mediabrutes memes trash?

We're still waiting for @@mediabrute to whip up our Clap strike team meme

Great comment.

Those running HCS at 343 saw halo esports purely for the marketing potential and completely overlooked the community aspect. That's why they sided with ESL and their lackluster online pro league centric structure. The HCS team is inexperienced, and ESL has failed to supplement that.

Going forward 343 needs to center their decision making around community.

This starts with having 2-way dialogue with the competitive community. This process of fans and players screaming at them for 1.5 years and hoping they get the message is inefficient.

Then there's the system. We HAVE to go to a points based system, with pool pay. And LAN has to be weighted over online play (sorry ESL, this is fact). This makes for a better stream, gives open bracket players more time to shine, and gives Orgs more incentive to invest in the scene.

(The Gears AC event had the top 4 open circuit teams join 12 pre-qualified teams in groups- I think that would be a pretty good system for Halo)

Then there's the crowd-funding. This should be WAY more transparent. The buildup to each event should have a unique HCS req pack, with proceeds going towards the prize pool. And we should get frequent updates on progress. Also more team skins, and they should always be on sale in game.

343 should be doing so much more on social media. Advertising in a timely fashion. Retweeting pro content, posting on ALL the forums, promoting awesomeness like TB, Halodatahive, and scrims, etc.

They also need to get caught up on their planning. The fact that ESL is still putting the finishing touches on the Summer Season plans is laughable at this point.

this is a good post. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if splinters acted like a plasma pistol and only stripped shields and did not kill unless your shields were gone or low enough? (So like frag nades)

I like the AOD aspect but not the get out of jail free card. This would allow them to be useful without the BS imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As far as crowdfunding...the transparency is pretty easy to do. Simply have a ticker/progress bar right in the Halo 5 menu UI. And every time a REQ pack is bought, you see the $$$ go up. Whatever they calculate for the % going to HCS, it doesn't matter then at that point. It would just be cool to see that $$ figure rising every day. And may even motivate some people to buy more REQ packs.

This. They could even set goals to reach. Guaranteed this would increase the amount of money the HCS raises. People want to see progress and reach goals. Also they never have any kind of req sale or double xp weekend or anything at all for that matter. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How to make the prize pool sweeter:

1-4 wins a life size cutout of either Natalie Dormer or Emma Watson.

5-8 get free balloons.

9-16 will take home their very own Simms-on-a-Stick.

I would throw whatever games I needed to just for  :simms: -on-a-stick

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if splinters acted like a plasma pistol and only stripped shields and did not kill unless your shields were gone or low enough? (So like frag nades)

I like the AOD aspect but not the get out of jail free card. This would allow them to be useful without the BS imo.

That's how they were used now. People would quickly throw and instantly get you one shot.

It's not how powerful hey are that's the problem. It's the detonation time

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one thinks paying out the top 16 is going to result in 120 teams showing up.

You know what it might result in though? The most competitive top 16 we've seen in a long time. Imagine an event with all of the top ams actually showing up.

"Tune in next time to see if Scaryotic actually goes to an event!"  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope these new settings are also going to be in FFA. That playlist is cancer with the AR camping and splinter nades.

• Upvote (+1) 6

DotA2's The International sells an item every year called The Compendium.

Valve gets 75% of the sales from The Compendium. The remaining 25% goes to the prize pool.

In addition to this, Valve keeps a progress ticker up to date the entire time leading up to the start of The International, letting everyone know exactly how much has been added to the pool.

Along this ticker are milestones. At x amount, a certain hero will get an epic new skin. At y amount, a new in game mode will be added Soon. At z amount, they get Darude to perform at The International aftershow (yes they actually did this one year).

The International was (one of?) the first esports event(s) to utilize crowdfunding, and has used this level of transparency in every year of its method, which has been going on for several years now (Since 2013, I believe).

There is no excuse not to follow in their footsteps and to gate your method of crowdfunding behind smoke and mirrors.

Even with the 25% only going to crowdfunding, the absurd amounts of money for prizes is unreal. When the product is good, the community IS going to support it.

Speaking of.... I need my new compendium already. :ace:

that's what the untrained eye might think but i scammed you fools so badly, you don't get 20k rep by accident

mcXTPd0.png

there has already been two 50k tournaments that only paid out top 8 this year

there is an argument to be made that 75k split 16 ways is in fact spreading the prize pool thin

We've been bamboozled  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 3

This seems almost identical to how they work now, they're too easily exploited.

And I really want mercy slayer to work. The map plays really well for it. Just remove the saw. I think a grenade launcher would work there

I feel like a lot of maps that have rockets could be replaced with the GL. Make no mistake, it's pretty stupidly easy, but it's better than the rocks. Bring it down to ~4 shots and slap it onto coli and eden

I feel like a lot of maps that have rockets could be replaced with the GL. Make no mistake, it's pretty stupidly easy, but it's better than the rocks. Bring it down to ~4 shots and slap it onto coli and eden

I have tested it on Coli and it is annoying since there is no place to hide from it.