CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Only took a year and a half, probably one of the most embarrassing esports events ever, to the point the entire gaming community ridiculed us, the competitive community (pros and plebs alike) at a boiling point and pretty much ready to explode.

But yay, we did it.

HAHAHAHAHAH no.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah man, the grind will be real to fetch that $1000 spread across 4 players and a coach. That's like $180 per player after taxes and $70 for the coach. That's not going to incentivise anyone.

Completely missed the point. They wouldn't be grinding for top 16. Top 16 is the safety net that pays for their travel. The grind would be for top 8.

• Upvote (+1) 4

HAHAHAHAHAH no.

cmon man HWC was really bad

the tournament itself was  :fire:

the social media reaction / news coverage was  :mj:

99%* of the people who heard about HWC never watched a single match

• Upvote (+1) 7

HAHAHAHAHAH no.

In what way was that tournament not embarrassing for us? The general esports community view it as a complete joke.

So people throw him under a bus and now we are all high fiving him?

???

People were upset with 343 because they made horrible decisions with settings before like putting a sword on coliseum flag.

People are happier with 343 now because they are starting to make better decisions about settings like taking ARs out.

Is there something weird about this?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Completely missed the point. They wouldn't be grinding for top 16. Top 16 is the safety net that pays for their travel. The grind would be for top 8.

$200 isn't even a dent into travel costs. Not to mention you don't get the payout for months..
  • Upvote (+1) 1

$200 isn't even a dent into travel costs. Not to mention you don't get the payout for months..

$200 is the cost of the team pass.

If the $200 is so insignificant to AMs, then why is it so important that the $200 instead goes to a player on a top 8 team? Nevermind players on top teams have actually made money from h5 and have their travel covered.

• Upvote (+1) 6

$200 is the cost of the team pass.

If the $200 is so insignificant to AMs, then why is it so important that the $200 instead goes to a player on a top 8 team? Nevermind players on top teams have actually made money from h5 and have their travel covered.

Yes, $200 obviously helps with costs. But if you're looking at the grand scheme of things, it's next to nothing. And again, you get the money months after the event. The $200 isn't do or die for anybody. It's spreading the prize pool thin for teams that deserve higher payouts for placing well.

Guys, I'm not sure if this has been posted, but /r/competitivehalo has had a visual and content overhaul, and it looks fantastic. In the past couple of months it's started to become really active and I love that. Its good to have community hubs!

For anyone that asks, 'why not just have Beyond?'.. I believe Reddit is a better platform for things like AMAs and leaving feedback, etc. With links to each other I think we can see both sites grow in popularity.

Plus Moses isnt banned from this one.

www.reddit.com/r/competitivehalo

Pretty sure Beyond was though for the longest time lol.

Glad to see us on the side-bar though, hope this is a new beginning of something.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

this occasion calls for memes

4nA7nl6.jpg

Is this some sorta meta meme where you are calling @mediabrutes memes trash?

• Upvote (+1) 5

absolutely not! 

I don't want to get meme'd to death

Any pro league news?

not this week, next week apparently 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Waking up this morning, seeing the changes coming, immediately goes 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm personally a fan of SA radar over no radar. With no radar players can fly around the map freely while SA radar actually discourages sprinting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's gonna be tough to fill up the whole venue. Need the Halo community to turn up so it looks lively and full.

Dreamhack is an amazeballs tourney/convention with multiple games competing. The place will be fill. Its a great opportunity to get the eyeballs of other esports fans onto halo.

Using dreamhack is the best HCS decision 343 has made.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes, $200 obviously helps with costs. But if you're looking at the grand scheme of things, it's next to nothing. And again, you get the money months after the event. The $200 isn't do or die for anybody. It's spreading the prize pool thin for teams that deserve higher payouts for placing well.

your talking about negligibly boosting payouts for players who already make decent money from this game rather than offsetting logistical costs for players who dont have the same opportunities.

If $200 isnt "do or die for anybody" then surely Lethul wont miss it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HAHAHAHAHAH no.

343 and HWC are an embarrassment and will continue to be. I still love competitive Halo and cheering for Optic, but let's not pretend we're relevant. 

I actually give zero fucks about Halo 6 - and this is coming from one of the biggest Halo fans there were. 343 couldn't fucking get the AIMING in a SHOOTER right. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I'm glad they removed AR. However, I can see the shitstorm coming down the road when they try to forcefully reintroduce it. Why are they so stubborn? And why are storm rifles and SMGs still in competitive?

Edit: where's my premium at @@Saucey @@CyReN

It deducted the money from my account yesterday.

I'm like 55% sure they said that to minimize the number of strokes had by the casual community

@Moses_FPS already had a rough one with the whole EW debacle. I highly doubt he wants to shit on our Meme God's beautiful work