CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

pretty much the problem with top 16 payout. With only a 75k prize pool there's really no point

that's kinda how i feel

Well to be fair it is more incentive that winning 0 bucks. At least if some teams make it to the money it should cover some of the travel and hotel expenses.

i understand that line of thinking but i just personally don't believe giving 100-200 bucks to players outside the top 8 is going to draw more amateur teams

the people who are coming to these events are coming to compete, 100-200 bucks isn't going to change that

we have to ensure our prize pools are sufficient for our pro players, first and foremost 

i'm not at all against paying out amateur teams but it needs to be done correctly (and i'm confident 343 will do it correctly *gasp*)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder what they're going to do for the final pro league spot in NA and the like 4 other spots in EU

that's kinda how i feel

i understand that line of thinking but i just personally don't believe giving 100-200 bucks to players outside the top 8 is going to draw more amateur teams

the people who are coming to these events are coming to compete, 100-200 bucks isn't going to change that

we have to ensure our prize pools are sufficient for our pro players, first and foremost 

i'm not at all against paying out amateur teams but it needs to be done correctly (and i'm confident 343 will do it correctly *gasp*)

I don't think the extended prize money is supposed to incentivize teams to come out, more to slightly decrease the burden on the teams who regularly complete and come just outside the top8.

Either way, more money into tournaments always gonna be good.

• Upvote (+1) 4

pretty much the problem with top 16 payout. With only a 75k prize pool there's really no point

That $250 per player would reimburse your team pass and then some.

This would be a good thing for those players who compete all the time, but fall just shy of top 8. It would also have a negligible impact on pro's earning potential. (I did the math one page back). Not to mention top players also have Org support.

• Upvote (+1) 6

WE FUCKING DID IT

Only took a year and a half, probably one of the most embarrassing esports events ever, to the point the entire gaming community ridiculed us, the competitive community (pros and plebs alike) at a boiling point and pretty much ready to explode.

But yay, we did it.

I know, I know. Overly negative and pessimistic but I hope this is just the start to change and the dynamic between the two parties, otherwise we'll be right back in the same spot come Halo 6 (or even again in Halo 5).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How to make the prize pool sweeter:

1-4 wins a life size cutout of either Natalie Dormer or Emma Watson.

5-8 get free balloons.

9-16 will take home their very own Simms-on-a-Stick.

• Upvote (+1) 3

that's kinda how i feel

The way I see it is that our pro teams are always going to make it to the larger end of the prize pool AND they have a league for themselves which also has a payout.

I dunno, I just think having this tournament with top 16 payouts isnt going to hurt pro players pockets that much.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How to make the prize pool sweeter:

1-4 wins a life size cutout of either Natalie Dormer or Emma Watson.

5-8 get free balloons.

9-16 will take home their very own Simms-on-a-Stick.

Why would 9-16 get the best prize  :simms:

edit: really @@Mzrshy

• Upvote (+1) 6

Venue for Dreamhack Atlanta:

0e53942464ad730498bd93233f545c9b.jpg

Venue for Dreamhack Denver:

national-western-complex.jpg

Interesting fact: The venue for Dreamhack Atlanta was the same venue which was used for CoD at MLG Atlana.

Halo will probably be off in some side room though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Venue for Dreamhack Atlanta: 

0e53942464ad730498bd93233f545c9b.jpg

Venue for Dreamhack Denver:

national-western-complex.jpg

Interesting fact: The venue for Dreamhack Atlanta was the same venue which was used for CoD at MLG Atlana.

It's gonna be tough to fill up the whole venue. Need the Halo community to turn up so it looks lively and full.

I don't think the extended prize money is supposed to incentivize teams to come out, more to slightly decrease the burden on the teams who regularly complete and come just outside the top8.

Either way, more money into tournaments always gonna be good.

that reasoning i can get on board with

i don't think paying out top 16 is going to draw in new teams, but it will certainly help pay for a hotel room

The way I see it is that our pro teams are always going to make it to the larger end of the prize pool AND they have a league for themselves which also has a payout.

I dunno, I just think having this tournament with top 16 payouts isnt going to hurt pro players pockets that much.

i don't like how people how the pro league against the pros when they earned the right to make that money 

The prize pool is SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS. It's not like putting a few thousand aside for ams is going to leave the pros with nothing. Even with ams being paid out, the money distributuon for top 8 will be the highest we've had for an open event since what, 2011 Nationals?

you say that like we have an open tournament every other weekend

It's not like putting a few thousand aside for ams is going to leave the pros with nothing.

O rly? 

that wasn't my point, 75k spread across 8 teams is a lot different than 75k spread across 12 or 16

don't pretend like the pros are rolling in millions of dollars, only players who havent placed top 4 at worlds are really rolling in cash

a lot of these top 4-8 pros are sitting at like 20-30-40-50k H5 HCS earnings

i'd rather pay out those guys than give 4-8 additional teams a few hundred bucks

ultimately i don't really care that much, i feel bad for those pros but me bitching about it isn't going to change anything, they are the ones who will have to bitch about it

that reasoning i can get on board with

i don't think paying out top 16 is going to draw in new teams, but it will certainly help pay for a hotel room

i don't like how people how the pro league against the pros when they earned the right to make that money 

you say that like we have an open tournament every other weekend

O rly? 

that wasn't my point, 75k spread across 8 teams is a lot different than 75k spread across 12 or 16

don't pretend like the pros are rolling in millions of dollars, only players who havent placed top 4 at worlds are really rolling in cash

i'd rather pay out those guys than give 4-8 additional teams a few hundred bucks

ultimately i don't really care that much, i feel bad for those pros but me bitching about it isn't going to change anything, they are the ones who will have to bitch about it

Perfect example of how there is simply ALWAYS something for someone to complain about.  They literally said this change is due to popular feedback of players who regularly attend these events.  They also haven't even explained the breakdown.  I imagine the bottom 8 teams probably get 10% of the overall payout which would cover food/hotel probably.  This isn't even worth making a huge forum debate but here you guys go again.  Christ, you got all the settings you wanted just be happy for once.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm glad they removed AR. However, I can see the shitstorm coming down the road when they try to forcefully reintroduce it. Why are they so stubborn? And why are storm rifles and SMGs still in competitive?

Edit: where's my premium at @@Saucey @@CyReN

It deducted the money from my account yesterday.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No one thinks paying out the top 16 is going to result in 120 teams showing up.

You know what it might result in though? The most competitive top 16 we've seen in a long time. Imagine an event with all of the top ams actually showing up.

Yeah man, the grind will be real to fetch that $1000 spread across 4 players and a coach. That's like $180 per player after taxes and $70 for the coach. That's not going to incentivise anyone.

Perfect example of how there is simply ALWAYS something for someone to complain about.  They literally said this change is due to popular feedback of players who regularly attend these events.  They also haven't even explained the breakdown.  I imagine the bottom 8 teams probably get 10% of the overall payout which would cover food/hotel probably.  This isn't even worth making a huge forum debate but here you guys go again.  Christ, you got all the settings you wanted just be happy for once.

i'm aware of all of that 

This isn't even worth making a huge forum debate but here you guys go again. 

jeez, sorry for talking on a forum, did you even read my post (or the last line especially)?  :wutface:

it's rough being a power user out here

Christ, you got all the settings you wanted just be happy for once.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you complaining about complaining? :kappa:

O rly?

If handled correctly, the amount of money given to 9-12 would hardly make a dent in what the top8 make. We are talking about a couple hundred bucks per player.

Top 8 should still make more money than they have at any other h5 open.

• Upvote (+1) 1