CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

is this actually happening or are you basing it entirely on the reiku tweet?

Just been seeing a few tweets here and there. Most probably dont care.

Anyone wanna do 8s with the new settings, then? Don't have maps set up or anything but we can just do gentleman's for autos and stuff

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://twitter.com/HCS/status/850551966530805760

It is time.

Whoa, this is actually bad ass.

TLDR:

AR GONE

SWORD GONE

SPLINTERS GONE

BRUTE PLASMA GONE

^All this with the caveat that they want them to return with adjustments after Summer season.

Weapon spawn timers will be increased, Radar is getting looked at.

All these changes are being brought into the Proving Grounds playlist.

Pro League Schedule coming "Soon".

Daytona got 50k from crowd funding and prize money will go to top 16. More crowdfunding details coming next month.

Gotta say, I'm pretty happy with this. I think this is the best we could've hoped for.

Can we get an update like this monthly instead of yearly?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This dude has 493 followers and 12 subs on YouTube. Who the fuck cares what he thinks? 

I tweeted him and said "Its 1 playlist dude relax, how many casual playlists are there?

#Blocked

Damn. That hurts. Dude has more followers than me  :mj: ow my ego

Next things to push for imo are the removal of nade hitmarkers and changing the spawn times for each individual mode. And nerfing ease-of-use of a few power weapons

This dude has 493 followers and 12 subs on YouTube. Who the fuck cares what he thinks?

I tweeted him and said "Its 1 playlist dude relax, how many casual playlists are there?

#Blocked

Welcome to the club. Feelsgoodman
  • Upvote (+1) 2

it's great news, and I probably defend 343 more than the average TB forum user ... but wtf, it took them literally 16 months to get settings (mostly) right?  ffs man.  hopefully this is a good sign for H6 ...

Awesome update, I'd prefer top 12 payout since we only get like 60 teams max. But still great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome update, I'd prefer top 12 payout since we only get like 60 teams max. But still great.

Top 12 seems like the happy medium but I agree great to see more teams get rewarded for their efforts. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ugc already experimented with paying AMs

UGC-St-Louis-Info.png

And that was a significantly lower prize pool. I have no issue giving AMs something, especially when pros have been unfairly favored through every aspect of HCS so far.

This and UGC 2015 are examples of doing it terribly wrong.

In 2015 tried to pay out top 16 with a 20k prize pool which was never going to work. In 2016 they paid out the open bracket when they should have just paid out 1-12 of champ bracket.

I give it 24 hours before people complain about how OP smg and storm are when all you have is a pistol. Why aren't they all removed? Or at least replaced with ARs?

Oh and rifles are still gonna dump on people. Good luck guys.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I give it 24 hours before people complain about how OP smg and storm are when all you have is a pistol. Why aren't they all removed? Or at least replaced with ARs?

Oh and rifles are still gonna dump on people. Good luck guys.

Settings aren't done yet. And pros haven't been picking up smgs and storms in their customs. Only silenced ars.

I want gunfighter and tactical magnums on the map @@Tashi

• Upvote (+1) 2

This comes off as just straight self preservation. I respect it and would do the same thing but let's just call it what it is: someone who knows they're a 4-6 team trying to maximize his earnings.

I just don't think it should go out that far, top 8 is the farthest I would go. Sure it's 75k prize pool, but that's not really that much let's be real. Just seems like a lot because we're use to so much less. Prize money outside of like the top 2 at these open events isn't that good at all. When there's not much to be spread as is, can't really spread it out. They did this before and optic got 550 dollars for 4th place lol. It's not like pros outside of the very top are making great money. If you're playing the game to get 16th and make 250 dollars idk if you're in it for the right reasons.

EDIT: The money statements go especially for events outside of worlds. Hell there's a MINOR LEAGUE, that alone is more than anything AM's got outside of Combines back in the MLG glory perfect days 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

This comes off as just straight self preservation. I respect it and would do the same thing but let's just call it what it is: someone who knows they're a 4-6 team trying to maximize his earnings.

aPG comes across a little mean, i think if they really cared about growing the scene, especially in 2017, when AMs are not so keen, paying out 9-16 can be seen as something a little more rewardeeng.

• Upvote (+1) 1