CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

AR's being gone is great a fantastic first step but I'd like to see all auto's removed eventually but at least they finally removed the sword from truth was the biggest issue with that gametype by far.

Next thing we need to get is 5s and 10s respawn time to return.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't he like 38 or something? He's acting as if the world is gonna end because there are no ARs in the Competitive scene.

1: $20,000

2: $15,000

3: $10,000

4: $8,000

5-6: $4,000

7-8: $2,000

9-12: $1,500

13-16: $1,000

Would this bother anyone? I think it'd be huge incentive for am teams to show up and the pros still get a nice chunk.

1st and 2nd prize money seem to be too close. Maybe add a bit to 1st and distribute more towards 4-8th imo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think it's as much about there being 16 elite teams as it is about trying to increase open event turnout for a miniscule portion of a large prize pool.

Am teams are much more likely to attend if they know that being the 9th best non-pro team could still bag them $1,000.

Yea the idea is great, but when 1/4 of the teams attending are getting paid that's a bit much. Top 8-12 I could see easily, we want to keep the incentive for top teams to go to events too. OpTic CoD skipped an event last year because the prizing was bad by Sony - would hate to see that happen here.

Because if you get 7th, you're getting as much as a team that got 16th

I typed this in a hurry I meant to say if you get 7th you get basically as much as a team that got 16th sorry lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

1st and 2nd prize money seem to be too close. Maybe add a bit to 1st and distribute more towards 4-8th imo.

Payout 1-8 however you want. The point of that spread was to see how people would feel about putting $10,000 of the $75,000 prize pool aside for am teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea the idea is great, but when 1/4 of the teams attending are getting paid that's a bit much. Top 8-12 I could see easily, we want to keep the incentive for top teams to go to events too. OpTic CoD skipped an event last year because the prizing was bad by Sony - would hate to see that happen here.

So you think ams getting $10,000 of a $75,000 prize pool would cause top teams to boycott the event? Dubious.

• Upvote (+1) 4

UGC paid out top 16 for St Louis in H2A.

People bitched and they stopped paying top 16.

Why are they going back

UGC was a 20k and the spread was fucking horrible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree with Ryanoob's points about the wider prize pool. Sure 7th isn't winning that much more than 16th but the 8-16th teams that might not have any Org backing them can at least continue to afford travel costs to events and have a shot at breaking into the top 8 down the line.

• Upvote (+1) 9

So i just got home after being gone all day and i just read the update and did they actually listen to us? Like this is not a cruel joke right? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are they going back

Now we have 75k-100k to work with instead of 25k....

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh man, this is just the cherry on top  :simms:

What world does this guy live in?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd be fine with a Top 16 payout if 9-16 are getting less than 10% of the total prize pool.

So you think ams getting $10,000 of a $75,000 prize pool would cause top teams to boycott the event? Dubious.

I think being the best at something should be rewarded. Maybe someday if we ever get 128+ teams again I could see payouts for 9-16. Until then I do think it's a bit much with 50-60ish teams.

Why are they going back

Yea, optic got 4th that event I think and made barely any money

• Upvote (+1) 1

What world does this guy live in?

He's the type of person raised in CoD's franchise who decided to migrate to halo, for whatever reason.

I think being the best at something should be rewarded.

You say that like I'm advocating an even split from 1-16.

At the end of the day you're probably right, top 12 is where it should stop, but I think the odd top-16 event will be beneficial for the scene as long as it doesn't become the norm.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yea, optic got 4th that event I think and made barely any money

To be fair, there is a 250% increase in prize money for this event.

Optic only made $550 for that event though.

Edit: Math