CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

On another note, can't believe this was caught on stream 

The life of a retired halo pro

• Upvote (+1) 1

So people throw him under a bus and now we are all high fiving him?

Well that depends on who was throwing him under the bus previously and who is now high-fiving him...

• Upvote (+1) 1

so storm rifle and smgs are staying?

Yep. These changes aren't that game-changing as some people may think.
  • Downvote (-1) 4

"It is a period of civil war. Preferred pro player settings, striking from custom games, have won their first victory against the evil 343 Industries. During the battle, Evil Geniuses spies managed to steal secret plans to 343i's ultimate weapon, the AR START, a starting weapon with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Pursued by 343's most sinister agent, Quinn DelHoyo, Ryan Towey races home to his XFINITY EG House, custodian of the stolen starting weapon that can save the GOAT and restore freedom to the HCS...."

Just one small adjustment... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I was able to watch myself on truTV, watch Team Beyond be revived, and Halo be saved. 

Boy was it a good night. 

1: $20,000

2: $15,000

3: $10,000

4: $8,000

5-6: $4,000

7-8: $2,000

9-12: $1,500

13-16: $1,000

Would this bother anyone? I think it'd be huge incentive for am teams to show up and the pros still get a nice chunk.

Because if you get 7th, you're getting as much as a team that got 16th

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Top 16 seems like a bit much, are there even 12 "Pro Teams"? Like the idea, but don't think we are quite there yet. Top 8 is fine with me.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hopefully they can quickly increase the detonation time on splinters. The denial aspect of it belongs in halo. The get out of jail free aspect, nah

I feel like they should go no matter what tbh. But I will say that the only positive thing I see come about because of Splinters, is punishing chasers.

Because if you get 7th, you're getting as much as a team that got 16th

I came up with the spread in 2 minutes. It's not perfect, but I think it illustrates that it's possible to make the concept of a top 16 payout work.

Its almost like the communities attitude/atmosphere/reaction changes accordingly to the people in charges action/inaction and on how well they do their job and treat us. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you ignore the community's wish list for 2 seasons of pro league and 2 world championships, you're gonna catch some flak.  

When you amend the mistakes with the current competitive settings and communicate the changes with the Halo community, I'm gonna thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

On another note, can't believe this was caught on stream 

That's a wet one.

Top 16 seems like a bit much, are there even 12 "Pro Teams"? Like the idea, but don't think we are quite there yet. Top 8 is fine with me.

I don't think it's as much about there being 16 elite teams as it is about trying to increase open event turnout for a miniscule portion of a large prize pool.

Am teams are much more likely to attend if they know that being the 9th best non-pro team could still bag them $1,000.

• Upvote (+1) 9