CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

good call on tweeting phil too, I'm following your example. with how much he talks about Halo multiplayer and the Halo experience, you'd hope he'd care

Crazy to think people flew out from all over to sit in a shitty tent watching a stream.

Props to @@TheSimms for at least offering some help to her.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was getting excited for a "Royal 2 rings" stream title, but apparently they didnt get rings this year.

No rings, no MVP, no involvement from Microsoft/Xbox outside of it being on the dashboard...

It's like 343 forgot they had a fucking $1,000,000 tournament happening this past weekend and just threw the most basic 'festival' together. A pretty clear indication as well from Xbox that they do not see Halo as the flagship console esport it was 1 year ago when we had Larry Hyrb and I think Phil Spencer (correct me if I'm wrong on that one) out at the venue.

I mean congrats to Optic and well done to all the players and spectators but honestly, I think I'd have preferred to end this season at Vegas and skip World Finals entirely.

• Upvote (+1) 6

People should just do charge backs and call it a day. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I was getting excited for a "Royal 2 rings" stream title, but apparently they didnt get rings this year.

I forgot about the rings...

I wish the prize was the same every year. Makes people look forward to something.

Consistency is key

• Upvote (+1) 1

No rings, no MVP, no involvement from Microsoft/Xbox outside of it being on the dashboard...

It's like 343 forgot they had a fucking $1,000,000 tournament happening this past weekend and just threw the most basic 'festival' together. A pretty clear indication as well from Xbox that they do not see Halo as the flagship console esport it was 1 year ago when we had Larry Hyrb and I think Phil Spencer (correct me if I'm wrong on that one) out at the venue.

I mean congrats to Optic and well done to all the players and spectators but honestly, I think I'd have preferred to end this season at Vegas and skip World Finals entirely.

Honestly 1 year after release I'm not surprised Xbox didn't go all out for this one. I'm sure the focus has naturally drifted elsewhere as they are prepping for new releases.

But you bet your ass they are extremely upset that the moment they turn their backs, 343 drags their key brand through the mud... again.

I hope this embarrassment encourages the brass to restore some order.

So I'm just learning about everything that happened this past weekend and I have a question.  How come last year's World Championships had a prize pool of $2.5 mil compared to just the $1 mil of this year?  And before last year what did they do, have $500K for the Global H4 thing?  

Honestly 1 year after release I'm not surprised Xbox didn't go all out for this one. I'm sure the focus has naturally drifted elsewhere as they are prepping for new releases.

But you bet your ass they are extremely upset that the moment they turn their backs, 343 drags their key brand through the mud... again.

Yeah I agree, it makes sense this event wouldn't get as much attention from them as last year's but still... It was a shambles, from a marketing stand point.

Honestly, I would love to see Microsoft/Xbox come down hard on 343 after this but it seems like that company could ship a physical turd in every copy of Halo 6 and still be in the good books. No accountability for their failures whatsoever. The worst part is that they pretend to care - at least Bungie made it clear they didn't give two shits about competitive Halo and let MLG do their own thing.

Lifestyle is streaming money 8's no AR and no radar.

Not sure if i'm allowed to link other's streams but its definitely been interesting to watch

If we are unable to have a legitimate conversation with the people in charge of these decisions then we will be no better off then where we currently are, which is in my opinion actually DECLINING and not staying the same or growing.

Do we even know whos in charge of things yet?

Stats from previous thread

Views: 2,702,887

Top 10 powerusers:

Craneteam - 1491

Frostbite XV2 - 1062

CyReN - 1057

GunRanger - 951

Moses_FPS - 744

TiberiusAudley - 674

Mhunterjr - 667

Moa - 645

Igs cubanex - 622

Zavehi - 614

Top VIPs by posts

Bad Dub - 347

TheSimms - 223

mediabrute - 111

Onset - 70

MrMLGAdam - 68

Top pros by post

LethuL - 71

RyaNoob - 38

Commonly - 35

Cratos - 34

Mikwen - 32

Got banned graveyard

WhatsUpWhatsUp

sECUREij

​Lost password. Reward if found

Tashi

StrongSide

Name change of shame

shitlin

congrats to whoever for whatever

balloons.PNG

I made it bros. i sit amongst gods.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lifestyle is streaming money 8's no AR and no radar.

Not sure if i'm allowed to link other's streams but its definitely been interesting to watch

Why wouldn't you? Link it.

I actually can't believe they're allowed to fail so many times without someone just axing most of management at 343.

Its unacceptable imo for one of their premier IPs to just fuck up on the regular. I bet nobody could even imagine Sony letting Uncharted fail horrifically or Nintendo just throwing the Zelda franchise away. Not sure why its okay for Halo

so frosty is streaming the day after winning worlds

https://www.twitch.tv/itssofrosty

personally I'd take a break from halo for so long that maniac would get jealous, but also I didn't get ~100k richer yesterday, so I guess that evens itself out

he said he's about to take a week vacation

I actually can't believe they're allowed to fail so many times without someone just axing most of management at 343.

If only 343 were a publicly traded company... The shitstorm would be so glorious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One word Marketing. Lets face the facts the first HWC was nothing but a marketing stunt fueled with marketing money in order to sell a game/console on the merit that esports is all of a sudden a big deal. This after they had nothing to do with esports for 2 years and telling people how small the competitive community is. At this point Halo 5 is basically a free game. The marketing money is long gone and you see the results. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1