CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If you are set on the NW, Tacoma is where it is at. Affordable, less traffic, 30ish minute drive from Seattle. Less gentrification, less amazon bros. Plus you get to enjoy this view of Mt. Rainier when heading to work

500px-high-res-tacoma-mt-rainier11.jpg

I lived in Tacoma in January-March and commuted up to work. Tacoma's a lot nicer than everyone says, but I commuted both by train and by car, and both sucked hard. I once left at 6 to "beat the traffic", and I spent 3 hours getting up to work at the very most southern end of Seattle. Even on a good day, that commute is not one i'd recommend to anyone. It's about 3 hours per day on average.

That being said, Seattle rent blows chunks, so

• Upvote (+1) 2

Love driving down to Tacoma. Been out here in Seattle for a little over a year now and the view of the volcano still gets me every time!

*A wild Chig appears* 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Love driving down to Tacoma. Been out here in Seattle for a little over a year now and the view of the volcano still gets me every time!

#BestWithChig

• Upvote (+1) 3

I lived in Tacoma in January-March and commuted up to work. Tacoma's a lot nicer than everyone says, but I commuted both by train and by car, and both sucked hard. I once left at 6 to "beat the traffic", and I spent 3 hours getting up to work at the very most southern end of Seattle. Even on a good day, that commute is not one i'd recommend to anyone. It's about 3 hours per day on average.

That being said, Seattle rent blows chunks, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed, I don't wish that commute on anyone. If you work in Seattle and your work schedule does not sync up to be able to ride the Sounder train, you are looking at a rough time. Express buses are solid also but susceptible to traffic, but hey, at least you can browse TB and watch Twitch streams when sitting on a bus.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will be paying 1000 for rent in Tennessee, thanks for asking. Anyone else?

Are you really moving to Tennessee, if so what part?

Im in Memphis and i pay $500

well look at you and your fancy purple name

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are you really moving to Tennessee, if so what part?

Im in Memphis and i pay $500

Yes I'm moving to Knoxville

• Upvote (+1) 3

time to start paying a mortgage and property taxes  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

i will rent you my spare room for half of that... and you can eat my food. 

oh i also have this:

d4f2bcb9c208bb949e3bc50fd3c7f0c6.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

time to start paying a mortgage and property taxes  :lxthul:

Nah, he might have the scratch to buy a modest house with cash.  best way to go. no interest and if you keep it for 5 years you can sell it without paying taxes on the appreciation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd expect a place with more tender options out of you.

26081e5997af4240cee1f6cce44f8ee0.png

Please for the love of god tashi announce settings or fine stellur or something, we're grasping at straws here.

Soon™

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not moving in alone otherwise I'd gladly come play on your 1/10th snipedown internet. Which is still 10x better than any internet I've ever had.

I'm not buying a house yet just moving there for a year or so

Doesn't FormaL live in Tennessee too or did for a little bit? If so, you have no excuse to not 1v1 him now.

Nah, he might have the scratch to buy a modest house with cash.  best way to go. no interest and if you keep it for 5 years you can sell it without paying taxes on the appreciation.

agreed, depends on what he wants and etc

personally i would buy a cheap (NJ) 70-100k fixer upper and flip it or rent it

We are arguing over Emma Watson GIFS, look what you have done to us 343! Release the new settings info!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't FormaL live in Tennessee too or did for a little bit? If so, you have no excuse to not 1v1 him now.

Yea he does lmao, Me nick and Hitch have figured out that this room in the optic house is cursed and anyone who lives here leaves to Tennessee 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm not moving in alone otherwise I'd gladly come play on your 1/10th snipedown internet. Which is still 10x better than any internet I've ever had. 

I'm not buying a house yet just moving there for a year or so

ur girlfriend can come too, ill give you two the basement. private entrance. and my wife will cook you guys dinner.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1