CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

GIFs of grills on internet forums are the reason female pros in videogames play in female-only leagues against much less strenuous competition and put in a fraction of the time the pros in the main leagues (that women aren't in any way prevented from competing it) do, guys. Sexual dimorphism doesn't exist. Memes are sexist. #HeForShe

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can someone explain the reasoning for having gunfire showing up on the Proving Grounds radar? I see the benefit of Spartan Abilities only for competitive, but not sure how gunfire benefits competitive play.

Can someone explain the reasoning for having gunfire showing up on the Proving Grounds radar? I see the benefit of Spartan Abilities only for competitive, but not sure how gunfire benefits competitive play.

Basically just ripped off the call of duty radar. I'm sure very little thought went into it.
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gunfire showing up on radar is another form of free information that 343 has provided. Gunfire doesn't have a benefit towards competitive play imo, as we should be increasing awareness, not reducing it.

gunshots are loud

GIFs of grills on internet forums are the reason female pros in videogames play in female-only leagues against much less strenuous competition and put in a fraction of the time the pros in the main leagues (that women aren't in any way prevented from competing it) do, guys. Sexual dimorphism doesn't exist. Memes are sexist. #HeForShe

Yeah yeah yeah, it was a dumb comment to make, my bad.

Apologies, Beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has anyone given any thought to someone like Shooter replacing El Town on LG.  No disrespect to El Town, but i feel like on paper and in gameplay Shooter fills his role and then adds some, and this is coming from someone who thought El Town fit well on that LG squad.  Shooter brings amazing communication and a clutch factor, as well as pretty decent stats on paper pretty consistently.  

Any thoughts?  Im not sure if hes willing to leave Splyce, but who knows, LG does have a pro league spot and hes teamed with ninja before

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Whats rent like in Seattle? 

Expensive as hell.

Gentrification - I want to complain about it but I'm 100% part of the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I will be paying 1000 for rent in Tennessee, thanks for asking. Anyone else?

do you have any intel on roster changes?

Just asked ContrA in his chat, he says he has no idea what his team plans are (so likely leaving EG)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Expensive as hell.

Gentrification - I want to complain about it but I'm 100% part of the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 7

no besides those 2 CP and nadeds new team I don't know anything. I also have been gone for 2 weeks basically so I'm not up to date.

ah, ok. have any of you guys heard from 343 yet regarding settings? 

If you are set on the NW, Tacoma is where it is at. Affordable, less traffic, 30ish minute drive from Seattle. Less gentrification, less amazon bros. Plus you get to enjoy this view of Mt. Rainier when heading to work

500px-high-res-tacoma-mt-rainier11.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't think this one really changes anything.

If you have a headset, you'll immediately know where the shots ate coming from anyway.

If you don't have a headset, the radar will be your ears.

So at worst, really it just limits some of the advantage people get from their hardware.

• Upvote (+1) 6

no besides those 2 CP and nadeds new team I don't know anything. I also have been gone for 2 weeks basically so I'm not up to date.

smh TJ, you used to run this town and decide all the team changes. What happened man?

• Upvote (+1) 1