CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The tweaked, dedicated GPU really helps.

Yes, to compete in the new age of gaming, a dedicated GPU is a must, i have an EVGA 1080FTW in my gaming rig, i play at 144hz at 1440p 1MS. The fact that this thing will be running 4k at 60fps is prety nuts, i would have liked to see 144hz, but thats asking WAY to much out of something that will probably cost $500. Also, the GPU looks to be inline with the RX480, which is crazy for a console.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, with this being said, this thing has the specs of a pretty decent budget gaming rig, an actual x86 8 core cpu (4 cores 8 threads), which is the mainstay of the computer gaming community. This thing offers a pretty solid package, what would make it amazing is if it ran windows instead of a generic xbox dashboard, allowing users to interact with PC gaming. That would open up a MASSIVE market, allowing PC gamers to play halo along with players using their fancy new xbox. This would be the way of the future, and would completely destroy PS. Thats the dream, well see if it happens, im pretty hyped about it.

Exactly, I will be surprised if all future Halo titles are not Play Anywhere.

Also, with this being said, this thing has the specs of a pretty decent budget gaming rig, an actual x86 8 core cpu (4 cores 8 threads), which is the mainstay of the computer gaming community. This thing offers a pretty solid package, what would make it amazing is if it ran windows instead of a generic xbox dashboard, allowing users to interact with PC gaming. That would open up a MASSIVE market, allowing PC gamers to play halo along with players using their fancy new xbox. This would be the way of the future, and would completely destroy PS. Thats the dream, well see if it happens, im pretty hyped about it.

What would really be amazing is if they let you purchase the Xbox OS to load on your own machine.

So do you take back what you said?

Yes, after watching the vid and seeing what all had been done with the GPU/CPU

• Upvote (+1) 5

As amazing this console is, it's unfortunate that I'll have to buy a 4K tv for maximum results (understandably). But besides the graphics and frame rate, I wonder how 343 will fully utilize the specs for halo 6.

I just wish the gaming community was more accepting of (legitimately) exclusive features for more advanced consoles of the same game.

What would really be amazing is if they let you purchase the Xbox OS to load on your own machine.

Agreed, but could you imagine having steam on an xbox  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not 100% sure but its way to easy to land shots for a 4sk weapon. If i had to guess based on feel i would say friction as it seems to track players pretty well but i may be getting them mixed up :)

Yeah snapping is when you get within a certain distance of an enemy and your reticle "snaps" to them.Friction is how much your reticle slows down once you're past the target.They might need a slight reduction but I feel the aim assist on the halo 5 pistol even less than the ce magnum.Edit:maybe a slight reduction in magnetism as well but I'd have to reinstall 5 and test it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

As amazing this console is, it's unfortunate that I'll have to buy a 4K tv for maximum results (understandably). But besides the graphics and frame rate, I wonder how 343 will fully utilize the specs for halo 6.

I just wish the gaming community was more accepting of (legitimately) exclusive features for more advanced consoles of the same game.

Honestly, you can buy nice 1440p 60hz monitors for a couple hundred dollars, still pretty expensive, but youll cream when you see the resolution. I went from 1080p to 1440p and i thought my eyes were going to bleed from how amazing it was. Also, these new monitors run IPS panels instead of the older 1080p TN panels, they have twice the color depth and are bright as shit, its worth it.

Agreed, but could you imagine having steam on an xbox  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:

I mean... they do have Steam OS you can get and you could use an Xbox controller  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, you can buy nice 1440p 60hz monitors for a couple hundred dollars, still pretty expensive, but youll cream when you see the resolution. I went from 1080p to 1440p and i thought my eyes were going to bleed from how amazing it was. Also, these new monitors run IPS panels instead of the older 1080p TN panels, they have twice the color depth and are bright as shit, its worth it.

Sounds sick!

It'll automatically supersample if you're playing on a 1080p screen so it's still gunna look a hell of a lot better regardless if you've got 4k or not.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean... they do have Steam OS you can get and you could use an Xbox controller  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats true, but i think the best part would the combination of two massive communities, PC and Xbox playing together would be pretty crazy, that player base would be gigantic.

It'll automatically supersample if you're playing on a 1080p screen so it's still gunna look a hell of a lot better regardless if you've got 4k or not.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Frosty just said on stream that the new settings will be pretty much whatever the pros want, and he sounded pretty sure that ARs would be removed as a starting weapon.

wow ... if ARs are actually removed, some players are going to be in serious trouble (El Town etc).  ContrA's stock may go up a bit, as his pistol shot is effing ridiculous

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wonder if there will be a trade in program for old xbox's and/or a bare bones purchase option ? litterally just the console, a power cable and HDMI lead no controller or headset etc, seem to remember them announcing a while ago all accessories would be forward compatible, could be a way to keep retail costs down. Im definitely interested, my xbox gets far more use than my PS4 slim and I have a 4K tv ready to go.

wow ... if ARs are actually removed, some players are going to be in serious trouble (El Town etc). ContrA's stock may go up a bit, as his pistol shot is effing ridiculous

So much this. I wonder how many of the current pros are going to find themselves on the outside looking in.

Not saying he'll fall out, because he is way too ridiculous too be an AM, but isn't Penguin one who claims his AR is better than his magnum?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

wow ... if ARs are actually removed, some players are going to be in serious trouble (El Town etc).  ContrA's stock may go up a bit, as his pistol shot is effing ridiculous

Top 3 pistol in Halo, imo

So much this. I wonder how many of the current pros are going to find themselves on the outside looking in.

Not saying he'll fall out, because he is way too ridiculous too be an AM, but isn't Penguin one who claims his AR is better than his magnum?

Penguin is a gigantic troll. He also likes CE but spent a lot of time on Twitter fucking with people about, IIRC. His pistol shot is fuckin money, but to be fair, isn't everyone's AR better than their pistol? :kappa:  Especially with that tap-fire perfect spread bullshit. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wonder if there will be a trade in program for old xbox's and/or a bare bones purchase option ? litterally just the console, a power cable and HDMI lead no controller or headset etc, seem to remember them announcing a while ago all accessories would be forward compatible, could be a way to keep retail costs down. Im definitely interested, my xbox gets far more use than my PS4 slim and I have a 4K tv ready to go

yeah, it would be nice to use my XBone scuff on the next gen concole, would be shitty to have to spend $200 on a controller again  :mj:

Don't believe those claims until e3.

If they had H3A under wraps the entire time and released that instead I would be so happy while they kept working on H6.

I want to believe but I feel like someone would have leaked something. If it happens I'll probably scream louder than when the Hardy Boyz returned at Wrestlemania.

• Upvote (+1) 2

anyone care to give me a little list of teams currently running together?

I wish people would stop pretending that 1) 'casual viewers' are morons and 2) viewers need to immediately understand every nuance of a game for it to be an enjoyable spectator sport

I said this at some point yesterday regarding universal settings.  I think the insistence on it being a good thing is actually really insulting to the intelligence of the average player.

i dont think that the magnum is underpowered; its just that autos are overpowered. amping magnum to 4sk i think is just to compensate for ARs being OP. as to the dmr, i like that weapon and wouldnt mind seeing it tested on start. its stronger than the magnum but not as assisted as the br

i completely agree with this. i've gotten into watching LoL. i've never played so it was hard to follow at first but i'm enjoying learning the game as i watch. it feels really fun figuring the game out as i continue to watch

There are 2 things that people bring up about the weapon balance all the time.  Some people argue that the pistol us underpowered.  EVERYONE argues that the Auto's are OP.  Fix the autos, let the meta settle, then think about the magnum if it still warrants it.  Jumping straight to a 4sk pistol might be the right move in the long run, but its definitely the wrong first step.

With the announcement of the Scorpio for Holiday 2017, we can pretty much assume Halo 6 will be a Scorpio launch title. E3 announcement incoming??

LULZ no.  No H6 this year is a good thing too.  Lets let the "no sprint" sentiment that has even been gaining traction on reddit and waypoint lately filter to 343.  If its a 2018 title maybe it will be out.  If its a 2017 title, there is no way it would be out.  H3A isn't happening either.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its a shame H3A isnt happening, could only imagine how good that would look on the scorpio, would have been an amazing showcase for the system.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its a shame H3A isnt happening, could only imagine how good that would look on the scorpio, would have been an amazing showcase for the system.

Reminds me of the Halo 4 CryEngine 3 render: Nah imagine

d6Bt8.jpg

Top comment had a preview of what the 360 would look like playing it :simms:

b3SbNLL.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

With the announcement of the Scorpio for Holiday 2017, we can pretty much assume Halo 6 will be a Scorpio launch title. E3 announcement incoming??

Halo 6 will be a 2018 title.

MS has also said multiple times that there won't be a Halo FPS releasing this year.

This. Frankie has posted on Twitter that there will be no new Halo this year, and they're focusing on building new franchises.