CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So what's the problem here? You didn't exactly explain your issue with faster power weapon spawns, so you need to go deeper. Let me explain.

Its more the fact i'm playing halo and not h1z1 with the amount of looting i can do off of spawn

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait, are there really people arguing for MORE power weapons? And if so, is it sarcastically just to get a response?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I completely agree. however, it seems like a decent amount of people feel that way and if they do I'm hoping they'll go for no radar if they feel like the current radar needs a change

I see what you are saying. IF simplicity for the sake of viewers was an issue, then having no radar would be the simplest approach.

I just think we should throw out the idea that the game itself needs to be designed around simplicity for viewers. If the game is interesting viewers will enjoy learning about it over time.

The game should be designed around being fun and fair first. Then broadcast friendly.

Actually as we get deeper into things, I suspect we'll see more and more elements added to overlays that players aren't privy too. For example, we could have players playing without radar, but still have a complete mini-map on screen for viewers.

When I started watching CSGO I was completely clueless about almost everything in the game but it was still entertaining because a game of Attackers vs Defenders is a simple concept that anyone can follow. On the surface the game is simple but once you start going deeper than that the game is amazingly complex.

343 shouldnt be worried about the viewer understanding the game on a deep level as long as they understand what's going on. Which is why they shouldnt be taken into account when it comes to making changes like radar.

Then there's LoL

This exactly. I've really enjoyed the CSGo matches I've seen so far. I'm still clueless about some of the nuances, like economy management. It would all probably make immediate sense to me if I played the game, but I can still enjoy the broadcast anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

my bad. I guess I assumed that everyone knows/thinks that power weapons shouldn't spawn faster because they are so easily to use in h5 and are basically free kills (it was meant as kind of a joke). Even though there are some games that go to time and having faster weapon spawns may fix this, it also brings up another problem in the opposite direction. Faster weapon spawns mean that a team in control can stay in control for longer and really dominate a team. We even see it now where teams with control of weapons can go on a streak (eg. Cryptic vs ALG where Cryptic went something like 30-4 with weapons). So I think that faster weapon spawns would only increase this and it is more likely to see teams win 50-10 or similar

I understand why people currently wouldn't want fast power weapon spawns in halo 5, but I'm just describing it as an ideal circumstance for halo's pacing.

That problem you're mentioning only ever exists because the utility weapon isn't good enough to actually counter the power weapons. Sorry to say, but the magnum is fairly underpowered in halo 5. If that wasn't the case, then the only reason why you'd be down by such a large margin is because the enemy kept outplaying you while contesting the constant power weapon spawns. You're still able to easily defend yourself in CE if you have the skill, so this potential steak on the enemy team will rarely happen exclusively because of the power weapon spawns.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wait, are there really people arguing for MORE power weapons? And if so, is it sarcastically just to get a response?

Ideally, yes. In halo 5's current sandbox, no. Does that help?

Its more the fact i'm playing halo and not h1z1 with the amount of looting i can do off of spawn

Can you elaborate for me, because my pee wee brain doesn't understand?

There's too much shit you can pick up on every map.

Sounds like the unnecessary redundancy in H5's sandbox. Maybe if they swallowed their pride, they'd actually cut most of these weapons in the competitive settings.

so we can finally stop saying Huke is going back to CoD? 

I mean Envyus has been doing the tips and trick videos with him not Snipedown. 

If Envy's COD team wasn't so good, I'd think it'd be dope if Huke doubled up. Then again, everyone and their mom on the COD circuit thinks Huke is/was/will be godly at the game.

Have you even thought about the sword for at least a minute? Wait, that's not a gun. How about the plasma caster huh????

Seriously, the AR doesn't require many changes to be taken seriously, as opposed to the storm rifle for example. Remove headshot multipliers, increase the TTK differential between the magnum and AR (with 4sk magnums and lower AR damage for shields), and we'll be good. 

How are you going to say the AR doesn't require "many changes" to be taken seriously when you're suggesting the "only" things that need to be done are 1) change the TTK on the pistol, 2) change the fire rate on the pistol, 3) change the amount of shots needed to kill on the pistol, 4) lower headshot damage on the AR, AND 5) lower the damage AR does to shields?

I'm 99.9999% sure that "no ARs" is a much quicker, more likely, and more reasonable change. I don't even get why people want to change the pistol to 4sk anyway. The pistol is perfectly fine as a starting weapon. The AR is not... why adjust the pistol to make the AR reasonable when you can just get rid of the problem?

• Upvote (+1) 2

what about removing rifles from the game as well as autos?

would it be too boring? rifles seem way too overpowering atm. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How are you going to say the AR doesn't require "many changes" to be taken seriously when you're suggesting the "only" things that need to be done are 1) change the TTK on the pistol, 2) change the fire rate on the pistol, 3) change the amount of shots needed to kill on the pistol, 4) lower headshot damage on the AR, AND 5) lower the damage AR does to shields?

I'm 99.9999% sure that "no ARs" is a much quicker, more likely, and more reasonable change. I don't even get why people want to change the pistol to 4sk anyway. The pistol is perfectly fine as a starting weapon. The AR is not... why adjust the pistol to make the AR reasonable when you can just get rid of the problem?

Poor wording on my part. The AR itself doesn't need many changes to be balanced in relation to the sandbox, but the pistol change in TTK counters a lot more issues in the game than just the AR as a more fundamental change in the sandbox and general gameplay. Btw, I never said I wanted to change the rate of fire on the pistol.

Never said I was opposed to pistol only starts in H5 either. But the fact remains that the AR will be in the competitive settings, whether remaining as a starting weapon or as a map pick up, so it's important to fix the relationship between the AR and pistol beforehand. This is because of how removing the frequency of certain circumstances doesn't remove the frustration in said situations. No matter how many rounds there are in a plasma caster, the stupidity of being killed by them remains, so balance must be established.

If you don't understand why a 4sk pistol is good for halo 5, then read this.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-3710?do=findComment&comment=639495

• Upvote (+1) 2

a big problem to me is the number of weapons scattered around the map that render starting weapons useless. i miss maps like amplified that had 0 weapon pickups especially when we get to maps like coli that has snipe, rockets, scatter, dmr, br, smg, plasma rifle, and bolt shot on top of your starting weapons and 3 types of grenades. this is too much and pulls focus from being the best with your weapon to having the best weapon

• Upvote (+1) 1

a big problem to me is the number of weapons scattered around the map that render starting weapons useless. i miss maps like amplified that had 0 weapon pickups especially when we get to maps like coli that has snipe, rockets, scatter, dmr, br, smg, plasma rifle, and bolt shot on top of your starting weapons and 3 types of grenades. this is too much and pulls focus from being the best with your weapon to having the best weapon

Also, snipe definitely has too much ammo. Scatter too, and I wish the T2 power weapons had a longer respawn time. Maybe 30 instead of 10 sec?

That said, while there are obviously things that can still be done to improve the settings, if we can get PG radar and no AR starts that's a HUGE improvement from where we are now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

what's with people thinking a 4sk magnum is better. The magnum is one of the only guns they got right this game

Because the magnum is too weak in relation to the rest of the precision sandbox not just the automatics.It shouldn't have the same killtime as the carbine and dmr,despite being one of the harder guns in the entire series to get good with.

Agree to disagree on this one with you.  While I agree to a point - might be to many on some maps - I do think this is inherently what an Arena shooter like Halo should be.  Control the map - control the weapons.  To me as a player and as a fan of the sport, I enjoy that part of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agree to disagree on this one with you.  While I agree to a point - might be to many on some maps - I do think this is inherently what an Arena shooter like Halo should be.  Control the map - control the weapons.  To me as a player and as a fan of the sport, I enjoy that part of the game.

i think that the control should be around the power weapons by using your utility. the fight for rockets/snipe is fun and adds an additional layer to games. my issue comes when there is such a mismatch of weapons fighting for control that the game becomes less about can i outshoot my enemy but do i have the better map pickup. the pistol is no match for the storm rifle. its the same issue with spartan charge and splinter nade; they are low skill ways to overcome in situations where skill should win. with fewer weapons, your skill with them is put to the test more often

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 bomb & 1 flag waterworks was probably some of the most fun i ever had playing a video game. I remember how big the map felt (and was), all the mid battles, creeping in the rocks on the cliff in front of the base with a sniper, even containment was a dope map. H2 really was the peak halo experience, and its insane that the devs dont try to recapture that experience. If i recall correctly, i remember playing online 2007 after H3 came out, during the final MLG season for practice and what not, and still seeing ~30-40k people online in H2, the numbers slowly died off as people swapped to H3, but that transition sucked. Miss those H2 days, really the best FPS ever imho.

1 bomb and 1 flag on Headlong were amazing  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 6