CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you think it's possible that they'll just walk away from this whole thing and drop the HCS? 

No. ESL runs a billion leagues for a billion titles. Halo is still a Tier 2 esport unlike WoT and a billion other ones they run stuff for. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ESports Arena Bought out a whole street to fit their event for Smash...

C75IXpbU8AAvptu.jpg

This was the most stacked Smash 4 tournament of all time with 45 out of the top 50 ranked players and 700+ entrants. For viewership it hit around 56k peak. Puts it into perspective how Halo compares to other esports right now. Most Smash 4 events hit around 20k peak (Although events like Genesis and Evo generally have higher viewership I'm talking about strictly Smash 4 events) so I think Halo and Smash 4 are at a similar place right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope whenever we do get an announcement it is 343i admitting that they fucked up and announce MLG Open events, Keep ESL for Pro League, and Officially announce Worlds 2018. Knowing how 343 is, I highly doubt this will happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not a disliker of ESL but when it comes to the venue it was all their fault, I don't even think the HCS had anything to do with choosing the actual venue. I liked the stream production a lot, but it's becoming boring to watch the same gameplay (although the meta has changed a lot) of Halo 5, they really need to play the next tournaments on better settings (I like the new radar), or release Halo 6 soon, I don't see Halo 5 growing much more on its current state.

I would be surprised if people at Microsoft aren't angry right now over all the bad publicity the Halo scene is getting. Media isn't even talking about how ESL fucked up, they are putting all the blame directly on the HCS. I'm glad we're going to have Dreamhack for the next two open events because it's going to be amazing venues but I still feel like 343 should try contacting other big TOs like MLG, I really don't think a big TO like MLG is going to make a big difference but we can't lose much by trying.

It can grow plenty.343 just refuses to do anything.

I'm not a disliker of ESL but when it comes to the venue it was all their fault, I don't even think the HCS had anything to do with choosing the actual venue. I liked the stream production a lot, but it's becoming boring to watch the same gameplay (although the meta has changed a lot) of Halo 5, they really need to play the next tournaments on better settings (I like the new radar), or release Halo 6 soon, I don't see Halo 5 growing much more on its current state.

I would be surprised if people at Microsoft aren't angry right now over all the bad publicity the Halo scene is getting. Media isn't even talking about how ESL fucked up, they are putting all the blame directly on the HCS. I'm glad we're going to have Dreamhack for the next two open events because it's going to be amazing venues but I still feel like 343 should try contacting other big TOs like MLG, I really don't think a big TO like MLG is going to make a big difference but we can't lose much by trying.

HCS probably had little to do with the venue selection... which is problematic if you as me.

If I'm 343, I'm going to make sure ESL has the venue shit hashed out well in advance after, they 1) announce Worlds 2016 venue too late for anyone to go (in fucking Hollywood) 2) piggy-backed off of a KCON convention, with another late announcement 3) held a pro league finals in their backyard after constant complaints about west coast

Seriously. If I was HCS I would babysit ESLs every move for the duration of the contract.

It's actually incredible that no one from ESL or 343 has had the courage to respond to this fiasco, or that no announcements about the future of the HCS have been made. 

I understand they are under no obligation to post here, but I find incredulous that they actively avoid the largest community by far, that is largely dedicated to competitive Halo.

I hope that we hear something from them soon. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pro League is one thing, I'm hoping for more events, Open Dedicated Server events to be precise.

ah okay yeah, I agree 100%

*cough* particularly on having a qualifier before pro league so we can have better parity instead of 'pro' teams that, for example, couldn't make worlds or that can't beat NA teams and possibly stole one's seed then placed worse anyway *cough*

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. ESL runs a billion leagues for a billion titles. Halo is still a Tier 2 esport unlike WoT and a billion other ones they run stuff for.

Accidental mobile neg, I'm so sorry, will compensate in other post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stats from previous thread

Views: 2,702,887

Top 10 powerusers:

Craneteam - 1491

Frostbite XV2 - 1062

CyReN - 1057

GunRanger - 951

Moses_FPS - 744

TiberiusAudley - 674

Mhunterjr - 667

Moa - 645

Igs cubanex - 622

Zavehi - 614

Top VIPs by posts

Bad Dub - 347

TheSimms - 223

mediabrute - 111

Onset - 70

MrMLGAdam - 68

Top pros by post

LethuL - 71

RyaNoob - 38

Commonly - 35

Cratos - 34

Mikwen - 32

Got banned graveyard

WhatsUpWhatsUp

sECUREij

​Lost password. Reward if found

Tashi

StrongSide

Name change of shame

shitlin

congrats to whoever for whatever

balloons.PNG

I used to be a forum god  :mj: thanks 343 for killing my interest in Halo

• Upvote (+1) 9

Do you think it's possible that they'll just walk away from this whole thing and drop the HCS?

2017 may as well be the last year of "HCS" but there will most certainly be competitive Halo in 2018 regardless of the tournament organizer. With the amount of bad PR that both ESL & 343 got this past weekend, I think it's safe to say that both parties will not renew their partnership in 2018.

I can't be the only one loving how the Halo world championship is a joke. All the more reason for ESL to fix their stuff and make better decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i was so hyped at the beginning of last season. heading into this one...incredibly apathetic. shoutout to beyond for keeping my interest alive

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stats from previous thread

Views: 2,702,887

Top 10 powerusers:

Craneteam - 1491

Frostbite XV2 - 1062

CyReN - 1057

GunRanger - 951

Moses_FPS - 744

TiberiusAudley - 674

Mhunterjr - 667

Moa - 645

Igs cubanex - 622

Zavehi - 614

Top VIPs by posts

Bad Dub - 347

TheSimms - 223

mediabrute - 111

Onset - 70

MrMLGAdam - 68

Top pros by post

LethuL - 71

RyaNoob - 38

Commonly - 35

Cratos - 34

Mikwen - 32

Got banned graveyard

WhatsUpWhatsUp

sECUREij

​Lost password. Reward if found

Tashi

StrongSide

Name change of shame

shitlin

congrats to whoever for whatever

balloons.PNG

This is awesome, can you do like top 10 posts with like most upvotes? It would be cool to see our greatest memes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember when I saw someone saying on reddit that this was the place for competitive Halo discussion. Now I don't even go to reddit anymore and I think I read all the pages of the previous tread.

It's sad that I don't know who bought me here, I want to give this person some amazing balloons.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Tweeted to 8.58 Million Followers.

https://twitter.com/mashable/status/846401592903503872

This is such a sad situation, I feel so embarrassed and let down by the people in charge. It sucks, but I'm actually encouraged by damning articles like this one, even though they trash the esport we all love. It seems like the only way we're gonna see a statement, let alone real change, is if the HCS continues to go up in flames. So sad, man.

• Upvote (+1) 1