CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm concerned about the lack of news for future events.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we've only got Dreamhack coming up? Where's my Halo 6? Or at least Halo 5: Guardians 2?

Also congrats to whoever won whatever.

we know that there will be two seasons of pro league that will conclude at dreamhack in june and oct, respectively. at least that's what the opening post of this thread says.

and Halo Wars 2 just came out. If they're doing Halo 6 anytime soon, I'd guess the announcement will most likely be at e3, also in june

and i mean come on its h5 you know who won :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope 343/ESL are looking for next years venue already. This whole fiasco with not locking in a venue in time is just silly and should never happen again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

we know that there will be two seasons of pro league that will conclude at dreamhack in june and oct, respectively. at least that's what the opening post of this thread says.

and Halo Wars 2 just came out. If they're doing Halo 6 anytime soon, I'd guess the announcement will most likely be at e3, also in june

Pro League is one thing, I'm hoping for more events, Open Dedicated Server events to be precise. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really hope 343/ESL are looking for next years venue already. This whole fiasco with not locking in a venue in time is just silly and should never happen again.

don't worry when they realize they can't book one next february they'll come let us know they've been looking real hard since, yknow, the end of October or so

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share a small Fantasy fun fact with you from the weekend!

The top 10 most picked players!

Huke 66.56%

Penguin 48.92%

Royal 2 45.51%

SnakeBite 31.58%

Renegade 30.96%

StelluR 19.81%

Shotzzy 19.50%

Snip3down 16.41%

Frosty 13.62%

Danoxide 11.46%

The percentage is based on how many teams had the player.

How well did everyone do?

My penguin pick fucked me. 63rd

• Upvote (+1) 5

Real talk, has anyone from 343i or ESL said anything so far?

Not yet, but I have just tweeted @@Tashi and @@Timo asking them to comment on the Kotaku article and the Machinima video.

I'm gonna go ahead and ask that anybody who wants answers/an explanation to tweet them as well. Might also be an idea to write in to Kotaku and other outlets by, say, Thursday if we haven't received any statement.

Provided all tweets/emails are polite and good natured there's no reason why we shouldn't get a reply. And if we're all well-mannered and still get ignored, well, that's a story for Kotaku to follow up on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm here for the new thread smell before I take off.

Hey Guys,

Huke 66.56%

Penguin 48.92%

Royal 2 45.51%

SnakeBite 31.58%

Renegade 30.96%

StelluR 19.81%

Shotzzy 19.50%

Snip3down 16.41%

Frosty 13.62%

Danoxide 11.46%

Got 169th.

nice

Hey Guys,

Huke 66.56%

Penguin 48.92%

Royal 2 45.51%

SnakeBite 31.58%

Renegade 30.96%

StelluR 19.81%

Shotzzy 19.50%

Snip3down 16.41%

Frosty 13.62%

Danoxide 11.46%

Got T16

How did they not announce any new information with the amount of viewers they had???

Honestly probably because they haven't thought this far ahead so they have nothing to announce

• Upvote (+1) 2

ESports Arena Bought out a whole street to fit their event for Smash...

https://twitter.com/Jmex25/status/846193460327546880

C75IXpbU8AAvptu.jpg

The smash crew came out big time. The EMX concerts were sick too. The smash guys aren't the biggest dancers, but those that did had a blast.

Still love Anti for this walkout.

https://clips.twitch...lessHyenaTTours

Edit: you can see me standing on a camera platform in the pic!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

:mj:

should I even bother explaining why?

I got no problem with hecz, I like the guy and all. (and love the fact that he's complaing about the current halo situation) BUT I thought that the moment optic won was a moment for the players and the coach and him walking into the stage and all kinda ruined it. IMO. D:

he was showing 343 who the real boss was.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This event is ESL's MCC.

Great content: Terrible package. They probably just want it to go away.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm not a disliker of ESL but when it comes to the venue it was all their fault, I don't even think the HCS had anything to do with choosing the actual venue. I liked the stream production a lot, but it's becoming boring to watch the same gameplay (although the meta has changed a lot) of Halo 5, they really need to play the next tournaments on better settings (I like the new radar), or release Halo 6 soon, I don't see Halo 5 growing much more on its current state.

I would be surprised if people at Microsoft aren't angry right now over all the bad publicity the Halo scene is getting. Media isn't even talking about how ESL fucked up, they are putting all the blame directly on the HCS. I'm glad we're going to have Dreamhack for the next two open events because it's going to be amazing venues but I still feel like 343 should try contacting other big TOs like MLG, I really don't think a big TO like MLG is going to make a big difference but we can't lose much by trying.

Do you think it's possible that they'll just walk away from this whole thing and drop the HCS? 

I'm not a disliker of ESL but when it comes to the venue it was all their fault, I don't even think the HCS had anything to do with choosing the actual venue. I liked the stream production a lot, but it's becoming boring to watch the same gameplay (although the meta has changed a lot) of Halo 5, they really need to play the next tournaments on better settings (I like the new radar), or release Halo 6 soon, I don't see Halo 5 growing much more on its current state.

I would be surprised if people at Microsoft aren't angry right now over all the bad publicity the Halo scene is getting. Media isn't even talking about how ESL fucked up, they are putting all the blame directly on the HCS. I'm glad we're going to have Dreamhack for the next two open events because it's going to be amazing venues but I still feel like 343 should try contacting other big TOs like MLG, I really don't think a big TO like MLG is going to make a big difference but we can't lose much by trying.

Whilst ESL are the ones who fucked up with the venue not being secured and having to resort to the Burbank studios, its HCS/343 who are to blame for this disaster - they hire out ESL for these events, they sign off on whether or not the venue is appropriate for the tournament, they set the budget etc. They could have told ESL that it wasn't good enough, and sought to rectify it, but they apparently just figured it was good enough, despite almost the entire competitive community (not just Beyond) begging them to host it anywhere else before the announcement. Shows how in touch they are with their fanbase.