CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No Cloud :(

Well yeah, he's gonna be teaming with Maniac, Clutch, and Demon D.

Not really, but it'd be cool to see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be disappointed if there's sprint. I'm prepared to be disappointed. I'll settle for no radar, no autos, no splinters. Anything short of that and I'm more than likely just checking out..

I doubt they'll go that far unfortunately

Do you guys think 343 refuses to meaningfully update their games out of a lack of resources or out of an extreme stubbornness and belief that they shipped a perfect game? Every other AAA developer updates their game frequently at this point, 343 is stuck in 2005.

Extreme stubbornness.

They have fucking Microsoft behind them, this is their flagship franchise. Literally the reason Xbox is still around today. 0% they don't have the resources to make changes. They've made changes that have made the game worse. 

Fucking Quinn and Crew just don't know what Halo is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just imagine if I didn't suicide in the finals of a tournament ... Breakout might still be in honestly lol

You really love talking about that

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just imagine if I didn't suicide in the finals of a tournament ... Breakout might still be in honestly lol 

Eh I don't think anything we did got breakout removed honestly, I hold the opinion that 343 fucked themselves on that one. Like if that situation didn't happen I 100% believe breakout would still be in.

Or maybe the pros were getting progress on getting it removed at that point. Who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah it was definitely you, not SnakeBite.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Context? I missed this bit

So every spawn?

I don't think that would work out. Players would be bound to forget. I was thinking only once a game off initial spawns and maybe just in the first game of the series. After that, I could easily see players getting distracted while talking strats pregame and forgetting.

Man I don't know how you guys have been doing this for so many years. I've been around since worlds 2016 and I'm already tired of going in circles with competitive settings. I just want some team intel

• Upvote (+1) 6

Man I don't know how you guys have been doing this for so many years. I've been around since worlds 2016 and I'm already tired of going in circles with competitive settings. I just want some team intel

No joke man, it's the memes.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think that would work out. Players would be bound to forget. I was thinking only once a game off initial spawns and maybe just in the first game of the series. After that, I could easily see players getting distracted while talking strats pregame and forgetting.

None of this would work out. Cratos's team would completely ignore the AR treaty and get a set up at the start, for instance.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish that would happen if Maniac would play Halo. I'm sure the others would be down to play 

Would love if every pro league team had a agreement not to use any autos.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snakebite alluded to some roster changes. Any of that intel published?

You fucker. I got so excited for half a second

I'll be disappointed if there's sprint. I'm prepared to be disappointed. I'll settle for no radar, no autos, no splinters. Anything short of that and I'm more than likely just checking out..

Dude, reality check, the chance of sprint being removed is literally 0%. I think this is an important thing for the entire community to realize. Currently almost no pros are advocating for this, and H5 is a completely different game without this. I realize there is a point to be made for no sprint, but everyone is better off if people come to the realization that that change is NEVER happening in H5.

I think at this point in H5's lifecycle a lot of the hardcore people still playing are itching for a classic halo experience. Good, carry that advocacy to H6 and keeping pushing for an evolved playlist in H5 in the interim. Believing there is any realistic possibility of getting that implemented for the next two seasons of pro league is a fools errand. If there was any chance at all pros would be scrimming evolved settings and making a case for a niche set of settings to be pro league ready. Not only is that not happening, a large set of pros are not even playing proving grounds as at this point and just waiting to hear what 343 plans for next seasons.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It wasnt like this in the h2 and h3 days. MLG had full control over what settings and maps they wanted to use. And a real LAN environment. Its a real shame that 10 years later 343 has managed to make a complete mess out of the halo competitive scene. Its like a company hiring a consultant and doing the opposite of whatever advice was given to them.

They couldnt figure out MCC and they still cant figure out their own game in H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Extreme stubbornness.

They have fucking Microsoft behind them, this is their flagship franchise. Literally the reason Xbox is still around today. 0% they don't have the resources to make changes. They've made changes that have made the game worse. 

Fucking Quinn and Crew just don't know what Halo is.

I really am curious as to how 343 responds with Halo 6 after the way these other companies have responded to criticism of their games.  

Resident Evil 5 I think was where Capcom really started to go in a different direction.  Resident Evil 6 was just terrible and that's when Capcom finally went back to it's roots with Resident Evil 7.  People were getting tired of all the nonsense with the future warfare COD games and now, we will be getting a boots on the ground WW2 game.  Gears of War Judgement was the Halo 4 of the Gears series, Gears 4 went back to what worked.  

We complained about the terrible multiplayer for Halo 4, we ended up getting a broken MCC multiplayer for months.  We complained about that and now we have radar/autos/spartan charges/no LAN Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

None of this would work out. Cratos's team would completely ignore the AR treaty and get a set up at the start, for instance.

That's one team. Do you think Optic would ignore such an agreement with Liquid when players between those two teams are such good friends? What other teams do you honestly think would pull that kind of stunt on each other?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1