CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Specifically for radar, though. No one can modify the gametypes except for 343 because it loads everyone directly into the game.

I guess they could put stickers on the monitors lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

Gentlemen's agreements have nothing to do with Dev kits. All the pros could say to each other, "we're not gonna use autos" and people would notice. Or they could troll and only use the Ar.

It worked for removing stasis. No one scrimmed it and everyone vetoed it

iirc the pros had a gentlemens agreement with the power up glitch at the 2016 worlds but people still used it. So I don't think a gentelmens agreement would work
  • Upvote (+1) 4

My issue with new settings is that there is a little over a moth to the next event and have the pros even been asked to test different settings? So unless they're just going to implement new settings without pro feedback, I see a disapointing announcement coming this week

• Upvote (+1) 3

iirc the pros had a gentlemens agreement with the power up glitch at the 2016 worlds but people still used it. So I don't think a gentelmens agreement would work

That was summer finals. I don't think people knew about the glitch last worlds

My issue with new settings is that there is a little over a moth to the next event and have the pros even been asked to test different settings? So unless they're just going to implement new settings without pro feedback, I see a disapointing announcement coming this week

I already expect it to happen. People just need to realize 343i just does not care.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be disappointed if there's sprint. I'm prepared to be disappointed. I'll settle for no radar, no autos, no splinters. Anything short of that and I'm more than likely just checking out..

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I already expect it to happen. People just need to realize 343i just does not care.

Never give up, never surrender! :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 7

That was summer finals. I don't think people knew about the glitch last worlds

yeah they did. Huke used it against Liquid

During next pro-league, imagine if in the first game of a series between two teams, before any of the eight players even moved off their first spawns, they just held down their right triggers and fired their AR's until they were completely empty and then played like normal for the rest of the series.

Casters and spectators would have to sit there, watch and wait until all players emptied their assault rifles. That would be an interesting form of protest.

Who hosts the customs for pro league? If its a player, just ninja remove AR, surely noone will notice  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

During next pro-league, imagine if in the first game of a series between two teams, before any of the eight players even moved off their first spawns, they just held down their right triggers and fired their AR's until they were completely empty and then played like normal for the rest of the series.

Casters and spectators would have to sit there, watch and wait until all players emptied their assault rifles. That would be an interesting form of protest.

So every spawn?

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/46tyub/instantly_pick_up_powerups_halo_5_tutorial/ - Feb 2016

Either way, the gentlemans agreement was broken by some because it improved their chances of winning. Same thing will happen with ar's

Nah the agreement for pro league would be to load settings that simply don't have radar/ars etc if they were going to do it. No reason to leave it up to peoples morals in game. If everyone just blowing off the actual settings didn't make someone think about altering the main settings idk what would.

Do you guys think 343 refuses to meaningfully update their games out of a lack of resources or out of an extreme stubbornness and belief that they shipped a perfect game? Every other AAA developer updates their game frequently at this point, 343 is stuck in 2005.

Do you guys think 343 refuses to meaningfully update their games out of a lack of resources or out of an extreme stubbornness and belief that they shipped a perfect game?

Both

• Upvote (+1) 9

This game is coming along nicely it seems. I wonder how it will be competitive wise.

this is great but It also sucks that we got 2 different projects (installation 01)working to do the same thing. This will probably just divide the population..  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was going to suggest a sarcastic approach where players would only use their ARs, spam grenades, and only pick up smgs or plasma rifles. But then I realized 343 would probably take it as a sign that the game needed more automatic weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 2