CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I always enjoyed stockpile, sucks it never really got a chance to be played much

Stockpile could be redesigned with Oddball for a much better Halo gametype, borrowing from one of the best American Gladiators games: Powerball.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To touch on the pro's getting together to promote some sort of change.....

Why not just not show up to the first online league play event.. (whatever that may be).

Let 343 build up the minimal hype they will build, then right as everyones ready for the first night of the online league play...... just dont join the lobby, dont stream, nothing..... just have those top 8-12 teams (whatever it may be) go play fucking rocket league that night, or meet up in the real world and play halo 2 and eat pizza.

it would send a crystal clear message to 343.

• Upvote (+1) 7

30 minutes until @@LethuL is officially the most popular eSports pro in the world.

?

To touch on the pro's getting together to promote some sort of change.....

Why not just not show up to the first online league play event.. (whatever that may be).

Let 343 build up the minimal hype they will build, then right as everyones ready for the first night of the online league play...... just dont join the lobby, dont stream, nothing..... just have those top 8-12 teams (whatever it may be) go play fucking rocket league that night, or meet up in the real world and play halo 2 and eat pizza.

it would send a crystal clear message to 343.

You live in a fantasy world, right?

I mean, people love money, Halo players aren't different. They don't show up? they are fined, they don't get money from 343 and they risk the contract with their org being cancelled.

TL;DR: Money.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You live in a fantasy world, right?

I mean, people love money, Halo players aren't different. They don't show up? they are fined, they don't get money from 343 and they risk the contract with their org being cancelled.

TL;DR: Money.

were talking about people playing a video game for a living.... yes this is a fantasy world. lol

and if they are so passionate about the changes they want, these are risks that need to be taken in order to get what they want.

This is why there needs to be some sort of player association.

And do you not think that these orgs want the players they represent to play the game they play the way they want? The orgs are the ones risking all the money. If I am funding a team, and they tell me "We want x changed".... THEN THATS WHAT I WANT AS WELL. Why am I "fining" my players for demanding change that will improve my chances of winning events and making money?

And as far as 343 goes, if NO one shows up and they opt to "fine" the entire league for it. Then they're digging the hole deeper and deeper.

No players = no audience.

No audience = no money.

And before you step up with the "well the next set of players will just step up and take their place if the pros dont want to just suck it up and play."

No one is going to watch them play. Without the pro players, there is no competitive halo.... or any competitive esport... or even live sports for that matter.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Honestly, i don't think a pro boycott would do anything. Others would try to fill the void. Besides orgs will be expecting their players to show up regardless.

It would actually need to be a community boycott.

See 343 actually views their current viewership metrics in a positive light. They somehow believe they are on the upswing, so that's reinforcement of their decision making process.

Until they get an indication that their product isn't what viewers want to see, then this is the product they are going to produce.

Unfortunately, they appear to have low expectations for what the size of halo's esports community should be at this time, so it's very easy for them to be pleased with their results.

If you wasn't a better show, stop tuning in.

Guys, boycotting and feedback isn't going to do anything. I'm not even trying to be an ass, I wish it did but you are dealing with people who have a set vision and won't budge from it. It's not about giving up, it's about not wasting your time.

Props to players and others for coming out with criticism, but it's a bit later now. 343i is working on their next title that has the Halo name on it.

We've had this conversation before I'm sure of it, but if the pros are so adamant about playing with no radar why don't they literally just switch it off. Pro League is next right, if everyone is in agreement then whoever is lobby leader just turns it off. Everyone agrees to play without radar, nobody complains about the settings after a match if they lose. It's not really a hard thing, the CoD kids manage to come to some sort of agreement almost every game and they just don't pick a shitload of perks/weapons/equipment etc.

Honestly what are they going to do? It's a closed environment and everyone is happy with changing the setting. ESL probably doesn't give a shit unless someone from one of the teams starts making a stink. T2 probably would be pissing himself casting loving the idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And do you not think that these orgs want the players they represent to play the game they play the way they want? The orgs are the ones risking all the money. If I am funding a team, and they tell me "We want x changed".... THEN THATS WHAT I WANT AS WELL. Why am I "fining" my players for demanding change that will improve my chances of winning events and making money?

And as far as 343 goes, if NO one shows up and they opt to "fine" the entire league for it. Then they're digging the hole deeper and deeper.

No players = no audience.

No audience = no money.

And before you step up with the "well the next set of players will just step up and take their place if the pros dont want to just suck it up and play."

You clearly do live in a fantasty world, no serious org owner would allow something like that to happen. Boycotting would make your org look very bad on media, not only that, but you risk getting in trouble with your sponsors.

I don't think 343 is making any money from Halo 5 esports, if anything, they have been losing a lot of money the last 2 years trying to make Halo a decent esport again.

Yes, if Optic, NV, Liquid, Str8 boycott Pro League and 343/ESL decides to don't let them play on it anymore, I'm sure there's a plethora of Amateur players who would give it everything to get a chance to play Halo professionally, of course the viewership would suck but the scene would still exist.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Pro's dont need to boycott they need to all gather and create some sort of the document that illustrates what change should come to Halo and give it to 343i and then give 343i a month to respond with all the changes they are going to do.

343i can't respond to a professional document created from all the Pros then, thats where we say fuck it. 

PLEASE, can some Pro's just step up and create something to submit to 343i and have they respond publicly on their blog. We need to do something. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Guys, boycotting and feedback isn't going to do anything. I'm not even trying to be an ass, I wish it did but you are dealing with people who have a set vision and won't budge from it. It's not about giving up, it's about not wasting your time.

Props to players and others for coming out with criticism, but it's a bit later now. 343i is working on their next title that has the Halo name on it.

This is actually the best moment and probably last chance to make significant changes to Halo 5.

Also you should never stop pushing for changes no matter how desperate the situation looks. Stop pushing means you stop caring.

Honestly I think there is solid chance we will get more classic Halo in the future, seeing how Bf and Cod are rolling back. Everybody is getting fed up of that hypermodern looks and crazy movement.

• Upvote (+1) 6

To be fair, we haven't seen a boycott tried yet. The closest we got was @@LethuL saying he would forfeit any ricochet match on the spot. There's no telling whether a boycott would work or not, but the pros would never do it. I wouldn't. Imagine trying to set up a mutual boycott with Cratos or anybody else when there's finances on the line? How would that possibly be a stable situation to put yourself in? I know pros making fun of breakout and being so outspoken about it helped remove breakout, but we aren't getting anywhere. It's been a year and a half and we still have full radar with a half radar in testing. We can't even get no radar much less no autos, no splinters, no sprint. It's sad and the community is desperate even if the pros aren't. You can't really blame them either what are you gonna say when you can play Halo and make money? Why risk it? That's why boycotting wouldn't work imo.

I doubt the collective of pros would boycott considering if HCS wasn't around, regardless of shitty competitive settings, then they lose a significant source of income.

It would take a lot of balls by a majority of pros to do it.

To be fair, we haven't seen a boycott tried yet. The closest we got was @@LethuL saying he would forfeit any ricochet match on the spot. There's no telling whether a boycott would work or not, but the pros would never do it. I wouldn't. Imagine trying to set up a mutual boycott with Cratos or anybody else when there's finances on the line? How would that possibly be a stable situation to put yourself in? I know pros making fun of breakout and being so outspoken about it helped remove breakout, but we aren't getting anywhere. It's been a year and a half and we still have full radar with a half radar in testing. We can't even get no radar much less no autos, no splinters, no sprint. It's sad and the community is desperate even if the pros aren't. You can't really blame them either what are you gonna say when you can play Halo and make money? Why risk it? That's why boycotting wouldn't work imo.

Yeh boycott wouldn't work at all. It is also counterproductive in that it could give the impression of pro players ruining something to get their own way. I would much rather teams have an agreement, ideally all teams but on a match to match basis if needed, where both teams agree to turn the radar off and play it out. Then you put the onus on 343i to respond and place the teams in a more positive light:

"wow they're not playing the game" versus "they're just trying to play the game"

Oh okay let's all give up then

I get you guys as administrators of a competitive website that hosts its own tourneys are fed up with seeing no change, but don't try to stifle other people from making a change.

You, as much as us, or pros for that matter, have no idea what is currently going on in 343 regarding settings, maybe right now is the time to push for our changes. Won't know unless we try.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't know. I've seen people go from screaming NO RADAR before testing it, to hating it in some maps and gametypes. Then after testing it saying "we should try it with just abilities" and the result being 35% in favour of Proving Grounds radar and 65% just want it out completely. It's exhausting and I can't even take it seriously anymore. How can you have an organised proposition with 343 when there is such a disparity in opinions. Hell, Falcated or whoever it was that played with bubu the other day hated no radar.

Im my opinion, fix up or at least change the autos and sandbox/weapons before worrying about radar.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You clearly do live in a fantasty world, no serious org owner would allow something like that to happen. Boycotting would make your org look very bad on media, not only that, but you risk getting in trouble with your sponsors.

I don't think 343 is making any money from Halo 5 esports, if anything, they have been losing a lot of money the last 2 years trying to make Halo a decent esport again.

Yes, if Optic, NV, Liquid, Str8 boycott Pro League and 343/ESL decides to don't let them play on it anymore, I'm sure there's a plethora of Amateur players who would give it everything to get a chance to play Halo professionally, of course the viewership would suck but the scene would still exist.

as i said before, YES... this is a fantasy world.

-------------------------------------

at the end of the day. Regardless of punishment...

If someone is eating vegetables because they have too, and they dont want to eat vegetables anymore. Then stop eating the vegetables and see what happens.

Otherwise

C5LPCQWSyC0TxX5nNWLw_f6.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeh boycott wouldn't work at all. It is also counterproductive in that it could give the impression of pro players ruining something to get their own way. I would much rather teams have an agreement, ideally all teams but on a match to match basis if needed, where both teams agree to turn the radar off and play it out. Then you put the onus on 343i to respond and place the teams in a more positive light:

"wow they're not playing the game" versus "they're just trying to play the game"

Again boycotting wouldn't work because the pros wouldn't be able to set one up. It's just not possible.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't think a Boycott would work, but I do think the Pros need to organize regardless. Make a video with clips of pros voicing their concerns and send it to HCS team, or make a document that is signed by each pro. If they don't listen, don't stop competing (unless you really want to stop). I think it would be effective to maybe stop streaming or advertising Halo in any way, because honestly those are the only things keeping competitive Halo alive. Stop playing the game outside of competition. Stop giving them "numbers".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Again boycotting wouldn't work because the pros wouldn't be able to set one up. It's just not possible.

Even the online portion is dev kits?

to think he won 51% to 49% vs leffen in Ro32. then he murdered every1 else in his path

• Upvote (+1) 4

I find it funny that everyone was gunning Elitist for boycotting Breakout mid-tourney, but people are ok with it now? Just weird how times have changed when pushed against the wall. My fear is teams, sponsors, etc walking away from an already shrinking scene. Top on bottom-feeding players may look at it as a chance to get a pro spot.

It has to be a community and player wide thing, and I'm not sure we can get there.

Should be a fun few week(s) ahead until the HCS announces that it's "too late" to make changes for the upcoming season.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4