CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

giphy.gif

Context:  They have been a part of the most difficult and consistent competition he has had to play against up until the last 10 months or so.  He has years of history and respect built up for them from previous competition, a lot of other players in the league don't.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The latest Towey "Up To Speed" video made it pretty clear that Roybox would strongly consider retirement if they didn't make worlds (interviews were pre-LCQ) ... their body language and general vibe seemed very unenthusiastic about continuing with H5 even before the LCQ, so I can only imagine that they're less thrilled about it now. OG2 has stated he isn't competing anymore and I highly doubt that ContrA stays with Roybox.  EG's best bet might be picking up the new 2016 ALG squad (Naded's team) or something like that.

Roy will evaluate if he is to continue, as he said in the video. However idk what Lunchbox you watched but he'll most def. continue playing until he's not able to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roy will evaluate if he is to continue, as he said in the video. However idk what Lunchbox you watched but he'll most def. continue playing until he's not able to.

I feel like Lunchbox will leave if Roy leaves but I don't think Lunch will just decide to leave. He's been doing the full time job + Wife + pro halo thing for a couple of years now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah my apologies I confused TriPPPey with Saiyan. 

No biggie! Danoxide got dropped from ALG, which is what led Tripppey to ditch LG for ALG.

As it turns out, Saiyan is twice the player Tripppey is, and LG makes Worlds with a "leftover" roster while ALG watches at home

• Upvote (+1) 3

Player Unknown Battlegrounds lead developer made H1Z1 and H1Z1 while popular had a lot of bugs so it makes sense for people to flock to PUB. With Ninja and Maniac playing (Maniac was getting 4,000 viewers on H1Z1) it is safe to say H1Z1 is dead. 

And the guy/guys made the Battle Royal mod in the Arma Games. Making them kinda the creator of the entire genre. Except it is a japanese(?) movie from the beginning.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is anyone else a little worried about Sparty being picked up by CP after what happened with Danoxide on ALG? I could see them dropping Spartan the day before roster lock or something shady happening. 

I believe if the game were to be enjoyable (truly enjoyable) and not mostly about the possibility of making a substantial amount of money, Roy and Lunch would be much more enthusiastic about playing as well as better players. I don't think they have a strong drive to play the game because they don't enjoy it. Not enjoying what you are doing in this line of work, particularly AFTER putting in a full day of electrician's (or any other type of work) work, can't really be good for your skills at the game. If the enjoyment of the game isn't there, it's hard to justify throwing another 3 hours per day at "work" after you've done your day job, and this at the expense of spending time with a wife or SO or doing anything else that you enjoy doing. Or sleeping. I feel as though Ogre 2 falls into this camp too. If the game were different, something more fun for him, I'm guessing he'd be competing still. Imagine a traditional (ish) Halo game with Roy, Lunch, and Ogre as a team of three looking for one? Hard to imagine someone who wouldn't want to be on that squad. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

And the guy/guys made the Battle Royal mod in the Arma Games. Making them kinda the creator of the entire genre. Except it is a japanese(?) movie from the beginning.

Japanese novel, made into a manga and a feature film within a year of release.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like the issue with the art style if the same as what's wrong with everything else.

They changed everything without reason to change anything

Yeah, they were definitely trying too hard to deliver something new.

Molten is the worst halo map to ever exist. I dont even think no sprint can save it. Its THE REASON i havent touched slayer in months.

It isn't bad for FFA. For slayer it's an abomination

I truly despise empire. There isn't a single gametype I enjoy.on it

What is your fan favorite map you hate the most ?

Me - Zealot. I could never find a way around, even after playing it for 2 years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not surprising the pros are going back to streaming MCC, H5 is stale as fuck right now, we all know the changes that are needed but then theres the map selection on top of that, no real or worthy new additions to team arena in a year and a half, its laughable. Get a grip 343

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a shame we have to sacrifice competitive merit/depth/skill gap etc for viewership if this was the case. Beach LAN 5 got a decent number of viewers in my opinion, but a lot of them were very confused lol so I understand the concern. I think part of it had to do with the stream layout and the other part just inexperience in playing competitive 2's.

Regarding the last part, I've always found it interesting that despite Halo 2 and Halo 3's massive success and sales compared to Halo CE, where are the LAN groups? Where are the tournaments? Beach LAN's before 5 really didn't have any prize money and were pulling roughly 40-50 people easily. You'd think these other games would retain some sort of community especially when you see the massive amount of praise H3 gets from current competitive pros and casuals alike.

We're still like 4 months out from BL6, with no tournament/prizes announced and have 51 people signed up. If we secure prize money and announce it early you could easily see 100 people. Last year it was announced super late and many people who wanted to go (for the prize money, as if they'd even come close to winning) were not able to swing it.

I tried watching the beach lan but having 4 players on screen at once made it so I couldn't actually see what was going on on any one person's tiny quarter screen.

Me - Zealot. I could never find a way around, even after playing it for 2 years.

guardian and lockout.

• Upvote (+1) 3

not sure how anybody could find fault with swordbase

jaw5g9.jpg

Gotta play the right gametypes on it. 

AWFUL for slayer, oddball, ctf, ffa.

Headhunter, stockpile, koth were all pretty good on it. (as it stopped the 'always go lift' prerogative on the map.)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every h3 map but pit.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Do Station 9 and Dispatch count? God, those were awful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This dude spent time redesigning HDH over the weekend for fun. Putting me to shame.

Damn, that's gorgeous.

Don't beat yourself up. You effectively created Scarlett Johansson without makeup, and he put on the eyeliner. What I'm trying to say is, Scarlett looks better with makeup, but I'd still f- so the analogy doesn't fit at this point, but you get it. You created a masterpiece and he you-missed-a-spot'd

book first*

That book found its way into my study hall room in 6th grade. The book is pretty fucked up

• Upvote (+1) 2

Construct. I played halo 3 an unhealthy amount and played with MLG setting/maps all of the time but I could never get the hang of construct.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Gotta play the right gametypes on it. 

AWFUL for slayer, oddball, ctf, ffa.

Headhunter, stockpile, koth were all pretty good on it. (as it stopped the 'always go lift' prerogative on the map.)

I always enjoyed stockpile, sucks it never really got a chance to be played much