CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That title still belongs to Backwash in Halo 2. Good hide n seek map though.

Another that comes to mind is h2a relic just because there were so many other options and we so desperately needed another competitive map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

HWC 16 Worlds upgraded. Love it.

I'm putting a month of premium on either Echo Fox or eUnited picking them up. 

Do you really think Tripppey is better than Cratos? I dislike Cratos as much as the guy next to me, but he does have a proven track record. We've seen Tripppey have some great games on LAN, and we've seen him play terrible Halo as well.

At HWC 16, Suspector was playing like a Top 5 overall player. Outside of R2, Frosty, Huke, and Penguin, he was the scariest power weapon user at the tourney. At that time, El Town and Naded were in front of nearly everyone on the nerdiness aspect of this game, and they reaped huge rewards from that. Now, the field caught up. I don't think either of them are playing as well as they did at Worlds 16.

My opinion is this squad can and will win games by playing better strategic Halo than their opponents, but I also see them getting heavily outslayed a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone update me on the team changes that happened this past weekend, if there were any?

what roster do you think could beat them? nV's current squad beat everyone except OG? 

That nV team needs more slaying power and needs more consistency from Ola. You don't know what you're gonna get from Ola. Sometimes he'll be Godly, while other times he'll be detrimental. For nV to have more slaying power so they match OG, they'll need Ola or Snip3down to be dropped for someone like Stellur, Shottzy etc. But if you lose Ola, then you lose your in game leader and the smarts. But then dropping Snip3down will be a mistake as well, as he was very consistent last weekend and we saw that he's a very powerful player when has power weapons in his hand ; he single-handedly can win nV a game when has Sniper in his hands. E.g Slayer Rig Vs LG.

HWC 2017 - Stats

Pistola - 0.98KD

Snip3down - 1.10KD

Huke - 1.32KD

Mikwen - 1.31KD

TL;DR - A roster can be formed bc there are OP players out there; I just don't know who'll be dropped for who.

EDIT: Actually, if there's one person who'd get dropped from this team, it'd probably be Pistola. He couldn't keep up with the rest of his team in the slaying department.

3 random questions.

1. Wheres the HCS thread we used for X games and Regionals? I don't know what it was called/can't find it.

2. Wheres the breakout pro poll thread (the one us plebs saw)

3. Is Stasis still in rotation (if not when was it removed and added for that matter) What was its vetoed rate across events/pro league and a separate veto rate for pro scrims. @TiberiusAudley, or this might be a question for @@Bad Dub

1. http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10851-halo-world-championship-2016-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/page-1200 (I linked from page 1200, the first day of X-games)

2. Maybe this? http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12246-poll-hcs-pro-player-feedback-gametypes-settings/

• Upvote (+1) 1

That title still belongs to Backwash in Halo 2. Good hide n seek map though.

Chiron surely needs a look in as well. Makes me shiver just to think about that map.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Kind of unrelated, but here's the most recent pro player feedback poll in case people use that outdated poll to argue in favor of radar and autos:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14543-poll-hcs-pro-player-feedback-2/?hl=poll

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 random questions.

1. Wheres the HCS thread we used for X games and Regionals? I don't know what it was called/can't find it.

2. Wheres the breakout pro poll thread (the one us plebs saw)

3. Is Stasis still in rotation (if not when was it removed and added for that matter) What was its vetoed rate across events/pro league and a separate veto rate for pro scrims. @TiberiusAudley, or this might be a question for @@Bad Dub

The veto rate for Stasis after the first 2 weeks-ish of pro league was 100%.  There was basically a gentleman's agreement among the teams that that map not be played.

Page 1 what???

What i want for Pro League

1) New radar

2) Remove AR from starting loadout

3) RoyBox dont retire and finish top 4, The GOAT to coach.

3 needs to happen because he's garbage now. Get a grip on reality and accept the facts. EG is done until they replace that garbage ass roster. The AR will never be removed. Why do you even bother posting shit like this? Waste of time

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 20

3 needs to happen because he's garbage now. Get a grip on reality and accept the facts. EG is done until they replace that garbage ass roster. The AR will never be removed. Why do you even bother posting shit like this? Waste of time

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

I genuinely laugh out loud at this a little bit. Just a casual, but good response to someone who quoted @@Apoll0 wishlisht for the year. I'm sure he knows it's unlikely to happen, but unless you weren't paying attention @@Neskunk Ogre 2 said he was just filling in for the HWC and then going back to retirement. I'm sure if the game wasn't utter shit and even remotely was traditional Halo-like, OIgre 2 would be a big player. No one was clamoring for him to retire when the game was H2A and it was more traditional Halo without bullshit and gimmicks.

Ask every single person who is fortunate enough to be making a income from the game and they will say the latter; just look at all the outbursts recently, people have had enough. Just draining seeing so much potential being wasted and watching other games thrive. Genuinely miss be able to just get on and there would be multiple lobbies just running random 4s and playing because they want to not because we have to.

I always get the if you don't like it why do you play messages when we say something but I have not lost in my region since after the first worlds so why would I (eu halo LUL banter) but even still I have not enjoyed a event playing more so then the pre release no radar sticker on screen event we had at gamescom. Genuinely looked forward to the newest game ..... then I've had a ar on my back and knees bent ever since.

Sadly, this is exactly what I expected. I don't blame you one bit man. This game is a complete chore (it looks) for almost every pro to play. I know there are some who probably like the new movement mechanics, the bogus sprint inclusion, and genuinely are adapting to the new games. However, I feel like the majority of pros want to get the camping/crabwalking bullshit out of the game because it is just awful. Not to mention the numerous sandbox issues and all the other shit that needs to go (looking at you radar). 

Here's another question for you Foxy, as I haven't really asked anyone else. What are your thoughts on the ADS mechanic for every weapon and not just scoped weapons like BR, DMR, Snipe, Rockets, and Pistol? I hadn't seen anyone really talk about this ever, just because it's kind of an accepted thing, but I just thought I'd ask.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh so it was YOUR dog that I ran over in my car last week.  I'm sorry bro but you should have kept that thing on a leash.

• Upvote (+1) 7

As of now, this is how it is shaping up:

Optic - Royal 2, SnakeBite, Frosty, Lethul

NV - Pistola, Mikwen, Snipedown, Huke

TL - Rayne, Penguin, Stellur, Eco

Str8 - Ace, APG, Heinz, Renegade

LG - Victory X, Ninja, Saiyan, (Need 1)

EG - Lunchbox, Roy, Contra, Ogre 2

CP - Cratos, Str8Sick, Danoxide, Spartan

-----

Splyce - Shooter, Bubu Dubu, Falcated, Shotzzy

Orgless - Naded, eL Town, Trippey, Suspector

Notable F/A  - Commonly, Ryanoob (??), Devonatror (??)

Devon on LG would be pretty interesting. Commonly and Ryanoob are also good options, but their negative history with Ninja might carry over to this team.

What in the hell do EG plan on doing? This team is 100% not staying the same.

Devon on LG would be pretty interesting. Commonly and Ryanoob are also good options, but their negative history with Ninja might carry over to this team.

What in the hell do EG plan on doing? This team is 100% not staying the same.

i dnt really see any top players going to RoyBox tbh. Everybody who just goes to EG has a tough time and just become worse players.

It's a bit harsh, but it's true.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i dnt really see any top players going to RoyBox tbh. Everybody who just goes to EG has a tough time and just become worse players.

That pro seed might draw some players. A guaranteed seed is so much less risky than saying no and someone else saying yes, or saying no and having to play for it and maybe not getting it at all. Mind games galore.

So GFG is playing with the proving grounds settings, but instead of using the 25m radar they are using the 18m radar. I like the testing, but why?

If the new radar is gonna be used this is how it has to be. 25 m is too big.

I'm going to follow up your harshness with one of my own, I think that EG should either drop the current roster or forcibly separate Roybox. If the org's chances of any more success in Halo 5 is slim because good players don't want to play with RoyBox, that is a problem and it's about time management steps in.