CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Viewers and the viewer experience are really secondary concerns. What's much more important

Sorry quote broke on mobile ^ You think? I think viewer experience is up there with player experience right at the top, as for what people people show up for, I do think something like a one of wild throwback event would be cool as shit and blow up (always wanted to run a throwback event) but sticking to the current iteration/title is super important for the franchise and playerbase. Saying that - EU rolled back to Halo 3 towards the end of Halo 4 because the community wanted it at live events. We ran about 2/3 H3 tourneys while we waited on MCC, was good to give EU what it wanted and keep the players goong bit there was also a period of discconect from NA while we did due to running seperate games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i really hope nV make a roster change. I'd be surprised if they don't because currently, this roster looks like it's miles away from OG.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i really hope nV make a roster change. I'd be surprised if they don't because currently, this roster looks like it's miles away from OG.

what roster do you think could beat them? nV's current squad beat everyone except OG? 

Sorry quote broke on mobile ^ You think? I think viewer experience is up there with player experience right at the top, as for what people people show up for, I do think something like a one of wild throwback event would be cool as shit and blow up (always wanted to run a throwback event) but sticking to the current iteration/title is super important for the franchise and playerbase. Saying that - EU rolled back to Halo 3 towards the end of Halo 4 because the community wanted it at live events. We ran about 2/3 H3 tourneys while we waited on MCC, was good to give EU what it wanted and keep the players goong bit there was also a period of discconect from NA while we did due to running seperate games.

Hey Simms, just wanted to jump in here with my thoughts on this. First I think it's important to realize that a big part of the reason H3 tourneys were so pleasing to watch was also because it was so fun to play. There are of course other aspects, but in general if you enjoyed playing H3, you enjoyed watching. In NBNS the players that didn't play the game didn't really enjoy watching as much, really the only people that watched were those that played and enjoyed the actual gameplay. It's important to realize that amid all the noise that is the scene, it's a game after all and playing the game should be enjoyable. That being said, I agree there are lots that can be done outside of gameplay elements to improve the viewing experience.

I think it would be great if ESL/343i had a throwback H3 tournament after or before a split. Same teams as HCS. It would be really cool to see which team would win. I mean look at the H3 talent on nV. Ola and Wrona? How would Huke be able to perform? It would be cool just to have a small event even if it was online like that. It would really be cool to see. Imagine a team like EG is 8th seed because you would seed from Halo 5, and then all of the sudden they win the event because lets be honest roybox 2gre.

Glad to see you prowling around beyond as usual Simms. <3

Remove Sprint. Remove Autos. Remove Radar. Remove Splinters.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@TheSimms can you convince Timo/Tashi to come and post here when you see them/speak to them next?

I'm only 50% joking

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@TheSimms can you convince Timo/Tashi to come and post here when you see them/speak to them next?

I'm only 50% joking

I just think it's hilarious that if we did have ESL/343i host a H3 tourny they might purposely use social slayer settings. Otherwise we wouldn't be watching the game that Quinn plays. ARs on Snowbound guys. I'm going OS somebody grab bubble shield.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Dont get your hopes up btw, just saying its something i personally have always wanted to do/see done. How about we hold a Reach V1 throwback event? Kappa

Edit - Feel free to downvote me for that last part.

Full bloom sprint reach > H5 rn

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 31

In terms of aesthetics H5's launch maps weren't that great, however some of the DLC maps look awesome. Overgrowth, Mercy, Tyrant and Molten all look great.

Also Halo 4 had Monolith which, imo, is the best looking map in the series:

halo-4-majestic-map-pack-monolith.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Dont get your hopes up btw, just saying its something i personally have always wanted to do/see done. How about we hold a Reach V1 throwback event? Kappa

Edit - Feel free to downvote me for that last part.

I don't know how far you'd have to go for me to downvote you, but you're not even close yet. I love that you not only communicate with the community, but you are a member of the community. Gnight all.

In terms of aesthetics H5's launch maps weren't that great, however some of the DLC maps look awesome. Overgrowth, Mercy, Tyrant and Molten all look great.

Also Halo 4 had Monolith which, imo, is the best looking map in the series:

halo-4-majestic-map-pack-monolith.jpg

will you ever not shill for 343 lmao, there's nothing about their games you don't like or can't stop yourself from defending.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Absolutely no one has ever said anything to me over shouting out forums/fans etc, honestly no one is that petty to do such a thing. Calling out people and communities is part of the job, we are in this together and on air interaction imo is apart of that.

Tashi said pro league info is this week

Reach had almost no potential and look at NBNS. Halo 5 has so much potential imagine how good H5's NBNS would be. 1 and a half years and almost 0 progress. Its just sad how good this game could actually be. Its within reach.

but how can halo 5 be in Halo Reach?

• Upvote (+1) 5

If we talking about the scene putting on tournaments for the scene then absolutely the key is running an event around a game that everyone wants to play. I dare say you could get away with running an event with little to no live streaming to save money on running costs and release community produced vod. I'll reply properly after work as I'm on the verge of biting my phone in half.

Tldr; come back to Blackpool and run a H3 tournament and I'll gladly shit away my money getting first rounded.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sorry I don't hate everying 343 related and that I interrupted your circle jerk.

but it's boring af at this point, you never contribute anything except cringe defenses of clearly terrible decisions.

You just said Monolith was the best map in the entire series, that's not even an ok opinion to have if you want to discuss the future of Halo. 

You're either trolling or just as naive as GreenSkull, and even he doesn't believe half the shit he is saying. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 15

I just think it's hilarious that if we did have ESL/343i host a H3 tourny they might purposely use social slayer settings. Otherwise we wouldn't be watching the game that Quinn plays. ARs on Snowbound guys. I'm going OS somebody grab bubble shield.

Lmao it would too. 5v5 Last Resort Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

TBf he said best looking not best

just as bad. every map in Halo 4 ls chrome tron plates. they're fucking horrific. 

• Downvote (-1) 5

Is "Halo 4 and 5 maps all look like trash" a better contribution to discussion because it fits with the Beyond circle jerk then? I'm sorry you consider opposing opinions cringe.

Also if you'd actually read the post instead of reflexively down voting anything slightly positive about 343 you'd see that I was talking about how the maps look. Something which is entirely subjective.

but all the maps in halo 4 have a similar aesthetic, which is that shitty forerunner transformer plate tech. There is nothing whatsoever about that that's pleasing to the eye whilst playing the game. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's exactly that what tilts me, look at how little has changed. Fair play we got rid of breakout pre 16' worlds (and props for trying something new) but even that was a long winded process.

The progression has actually been depressing since release even with players/pros crying out for change instead of just jumping ship. Almost every Halo has been like it for development but this game has took it to the extreme,

there doesn't seem to be any clear lines of communication at 343, almost like they are constantly winging it.